Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    If you ever want to see how some white people really think, look at the comments section of CNN when it's a story about race. And some people claim racism is dead.....
    I have and it is awful, these are the same kind of people who claim the left is racist for helping minorities yet, they spend 80% of their time commenting about a minority president or minorities in America.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    What happened to your statement here?
    That was a different thread. If you feel you have to resort to insults here, I'll stop in this thread. I keep hoping one of these days you'll be able to hold a debate without doing so, because it adds nothing to your argument and makes you look l like you don't have any constructive counter points for your beliefs.

    I guess if I was as sensitive as you, I'd take issue with you claiming I didn't go to college and throw a hissy fit. But, I'll take the higher ground here again since I know you're just as wrong in this instance as you seem to be on a lot of other instances.

    And, I actually did pay for college out of my own pocket, but I know that's not how it works...

    There is no higher ground to take. I never questioned your intelligence (your own statements are speaking for themselves). You paid for college, good for you. My parents set me up well for a trade school, but I'm also now making a good living in a career that doesn't require a degree. For all I know you could have taken a similar route, or simply not have graduated high school yet. So there's several legitimate ways to not know how scholarships work, which is still apparent that you don't.

    You pick a major and then see what scholarships are available for that specific interest, not get money that picks your major for you, unless of course you are perfectly fine with someone else mapping out your future for you, which is probably the worst way to land a career that you actually will be successful in pursuing.
    The first part is how it works. If you don't have a major or at least a good idea what you want it to be, you apply for more generalized scholarships. The last part of your statement is completely backwards. I've not once seen a scholarship fund tell someone, "We know you didn't apply for this and it may not even fit your ideal career path, but take our money and do as we say, or else." As has been mentioned repeatedly, students apply for scholarships they want. If you don't believe in the restrictions and goals of one, don't apply in the first place.
  3. #28  
    anon8126715's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I have and it is awful, these are the same kind of people who claim the left is racist for helping minorities yet, they spend 80% of their time commenting about a minority president or minorities in America.

    Believe it or not, I actually pity these people. They're so ignorant (in the true sense of not being exposed to other cultures, other experiences) in their daily life that they start to develop singular thought and lose critical thinking skills because they only tend to see things as black and white and right and wrong. That however, isn't the reason I pity them. The reason I pity them is because what tends to happen is when they discount someone because of their skin color, their religious background, or their sexual orientation, they're really missing out.

    Some of the best friends I've made throughout the years have been people of differing background than mine. Had I decided to judge some of them based on their appearance, I would have never had the experiences that I've had nor the opportunities that I've had. Thus, if some close minded individual wants to judge other people based on the color of their skin, their sexual orientation, or anything else, I'll gladly keep an open mind and will reap the reward that is there for those that don't judge a book by its cover.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    That was a different thread. If you feel you have to resort to insults here, I'll stop in this thread.
    If that's all it takes, your font looks a little silly.....
  4. #29  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I have and it is awful, these are the same kind of people who claim the left is racist for helping minorities yet, they spend 80% of their time commenting about a minority president or minorities in America.

    So because Obama is a minority the criticism for him should be toned down as compared to a white president? I'm pretty sure anyone interested in political science or current events spend 80% of their time commenting on the POTUS regardless of his skin color.

    I always find it fascinating how thin that line gets when you criticize a person or group and the ones who support them want to water everything down with BS cries of some form of prejudice. Kind of like at what point does criticizing Israel turn into antisemitism. It seems when that person or his/her supporters have no other defense, they pull out the wild card.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    So because Obama is a minority the criticism for him should be toned down as compared to a white president? I'm pretty sure anyone interested in political science or current events spend 80% of their time commenting on the POTUS regardless of his skin color.

    I always find it fascinating how thin that line gets when you criticize a person or group and the ones who support them want to water everything down with BS cries of some form of prejudice. Kind of like at what point does criticizing Israel turn into antisemitism. It seems when that person or his/her supporters have no other defense, they pull out the wild card.
    Actually no. I have seen more criticism against Obama than any other president I can remember. I am just saying, that people who say the left panders to minorities always bring up the issues of minorities or quick to criticize them.

    And if you looked at the comment section of that CNN link you would see there were a lot of racist comments.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Actually no. I have seen more criticism against Obama than any other president I can remember. I am just saying, that people who say the left panders to minorities always bring up the issues of minorities or quick to criticize them.

    And if you looked at the comment section of that CNN link you would see there were a lot of racist comments.
    I think you are forgetting all the criticism Bush took. You had senior democratic officials and senators calling a sitting POTUS every name in the book. Towards the end, even his own party was criticizing him for the bailouts in Detroit and TARP.
  7. #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    I think you are forgetting all the criticism Bush took. You had senior democratic officials and senators calling a sitting POTUS every name in the book. Towards the end, even his own party was criticizing him for the bailouts in Detroit and TARP.
    No, not other politicians, I am saying the American people criticize the president like never before. I always hear someone complain about Obama.

    When Bush was president it was more unspoken the amount of people that liked him, it wasn't until Obama took office I hear that a lot of people didn't like him, but why wait until he was out of office? Why wasn't there massive criticism against him like there was Obama when he did much more to hurt our country than Obama has ever done.

    80% of the reason foreign countries don't like us now is because if the war in the middle east which was started by Bush himself.

    And now people are outraged by PRISM and want to get mad at Obama yet Bush started the program and created the Department of Homeland Security.

    The economy; Bush's fault.

    I mean there is so many problems that can be traced back to the Bush administration or to an incompetent Congress, but you know who gets 95% of the blame? You guessed it, Obama.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    No, not other politicians, I am saying the American people criticize the president like never before. I always hear someone complain about Obama.

    When Bush was president it was more unspoken the amount of people that liked him, it wasn't until Obama took office I hear that a lot of people didn't like him, but why wait until he was out of office? Why wasn't there massive criticism against him like there was Obama when he did much more to hurt our country than Obama has ever done.

    80% of the reason foreign countries don't like us now is because if the war in the middle east which was started by Bush himself.

    And now people are outraged by PRISM and want to get mad at Obama yet Bush started the program and created the Department of Homeland Security.

    The economy; Bush's fault.

    I mean there is so many problems that can be traced back to the Bush administration or to an incompetent Congress, but you know who gets 95% of the blame? You guessed it, Obama.

    At what point in time in a Presidents term(s) in office does a president take ownership of the country? The mans been in office 5+yrs. I know it's convenient to just keep pushing it all back on a previous President. Using that logic, Obama is off the hook for the $7 trillion in debt he's racked up since taking office.

    The economy took a tumble because a housing bubble burst, there wasn't any one policy by the Bush administration that led to the downfall. It's one of those things though that the Obama supporters are moaning about as "unfair", it happened on his watch so he's gotta be responsible right?

    PRISM was created in 2007 with very strict restrictions, those restrictions were removed in 2011 by Obama and the NSA was expanded further. This is common knowledge and even corroborated by just about everyone working intelligence, including Snowden himself.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    At what point in time in a Presidents term(s) in office does a president take ownership of the country? The mans been in office 5+yrs. I know it's convenient to just keep pushing it all back on a previous President. Using that logic, Obama is off the hook for the $7 trillion in debt he's racked up since taking office.

    The economy took a tumble because a housing bubble burst, there wasn't any one policy by the Bush administration that led to the downfall. It's one of those things though that the Obama supporters are moaning about as "unfair", it happened on his watch so he's gotta be responsible right?

    PRISM was created in 2007 with very strict restrictions, those restrictions were removed in 2011 by Obama and the NSA was expanded further. This is common knowledge and even corroborated by just about everyone working intelligence, including Snowden himself.


    I never said Obama was blameless, but blaming every single thing as his fault and not trying to actively help the government solve problems instead of tearing them apart hurts the country, many foreign countries see how much we criticize our own government and realize how disorganized we are as people. Instead of saying "This is Obamas fault", let's show some support for him so that we can all work together to get things done.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I never said Obama was blameless, but blaming every single thing as his fault and not trying to actively help the government solve problems instead of tearing them apart hurts the country, many foreign countries see how much we criticize our own government and realize how disorganized we are as people. Instead of saying "This is Obamas fault", let's show some support for him so that we can all work together to get things done.

    We had the Senate Majority Leader calling a sitting POTUS a loser. Speaker of the House claiming he is a "total failure". But now that Obama is in office we have to have a certain level of decorum and everyone should bite their tongues? It's funny how the tides turn depending on who's in the White House. We have a POTUS that claimed to be "above the fray". Hope and Change! Total transparency, accountability, lobbyists will not be residents of his administration, ect. He's been the least transparent and least accountable of any president we've ever had.

    Work together? I know the House is the one commonly viewed as the "road block", but Reid has done a mighty fine job of shelving just about every bill the house sends over, even if there was democratic support.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    I think you are forgetting all the criticism Bush took. You had senior democratic officials and senators calling a sitting POTUS every name in the book. Towards the end, even his own party was criticizing him for the bailouts in Detroit and TARP.
    The amount that Bush got pales in comparison.
    Now do I believe most of it is racism on why. NO. It is more the GOP has made it crystal clear they will do anything to get back and power. They keep doubling down on angry old white guys. They have become more and more the party of NO. If Obama supports it they are against it type of deal.
    A895 likes this.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    We had the Senate Majority Leader calling a sitting POTUS a loser. Speaker of the House claiming he is a "total failure". But now that Obama is in office we have to have a certain level of decorum and everyone should bite their tongues? It's funny how the tides turn depending on who's in the White House. We have a POTUS that claimed to be "above the fray". Hope and Change! Total transparency, accountability, lobbyists will not be residents of his administration, ect. He's been the least transparent and least accountable of any president we've ever had.

    Work together? I know the House is the one commonly viewed as the "road block", but Reid has done a mighty fine job of shelving just about every bill the house sends over, even if there was democratic support.
    At what point does Congress OMG do its job and try to work. We have the most ineffective congress in history that put the last one to shame and it was horrible.
    Has Obama been a good leader not really. Has the GOP been willing to really work with Obama. No.

    Remember the government shut down 99.9% GOP fault.
    How many millions was wasted on Benghazi and what was the result of that one?
    How many millions wasted on show votes for ACA?
    A895 likes this.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    The amount that Bush got pales in comparison.
    Now do I believe most of it is racism on why. NO. It is more the GOP has made it crystal clear they will do anything to get back and power. They keep doubling down on angry old white guys. They have become more and more the party of NO. If Obama supports it they are against it type of deal.
    Revisionist history.

    If Dr. Ben Carson got the nomination he'd be labeled an Uncle Tom and a crack pot by the left. The left can lambaste any minority or woman and get away with it.
  14. #39  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    At what point does Congress OMG do its job and try to work. We have the most ineffective congress in history that put the last one to shame and it was horrible.
    Has Obama been a good leader not really. Has the GOP been willing to really work with Obama. No.

    Remember the government shut down 99.9% GOP fault.
    How many millions was wasted on Benghazi and what was the result of that one?
    How many millions wasted on show votes for ACA?
    There have been numerous bills sent to the Senate that Reid refuses to take up and even democrats in the house are on record as being frustrated. When Obama first got into office he was very clear the GOP needs to get to the back of the bus (his words). Is he really that eager to work with anyone other than himself?
  15. #40  
    anon8126715's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    At what point in time in a Presidents term(s) in office does a president take ownership of the country? The mans been in office 5+yrs. I know it's convenient to just keep pushing it all back on a previous President. Using that logic, Obama is off the hook for the $7 trillion in debt he's racked up since taking office.
    Bush had 8 years to wreck our economy. Do you actually think that ANYONE can fix in 5 years, with the Republicans having had a majority in the House for more than a few years of his 5 years, what it took Bush 8 years to destroy? Considering the talking head of the GOP has outright stated that he wants Obama to fail, I'm surprised Obama has been able to get some things done.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    The economy took a tumble because a housing bubble burst, there wasn't any one policy by the Bush administration that led to the downfall. It's one of those things though that the Obama supporters are moaning about as "unfair", it happened on his watch so he's gotta be responsible right?
    The housing bubble burst because restrictions were loosened by guess who.... That same person loosened other regulations that had been in place for quite some time. Lets not forget that he also expanded Medicare WHILE giving the rich all their extra tax cuts, so we spent more, but took in less. What I think is funny is that Bush has a HISTORY of driving companies into the ground in the PRIVATE SECTOR before he became President so I can't understand why it's so hard to believe that he wrecked this country.


    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    PRISM was created in 2007 with very strict restrictions, those restrictions were removed in 2011 by Obama and the NSA was expanded further. This is common knowledge and even corroborated by just about everyone working intelligence, including Snowden himself.
    What President was it that enacted the Patriot Act? What was that? I couldn't hear you...... /discussion
  16. #41  
    anon8126715's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    There have been numerous bills sent to the Senate that Reid refuses to take up and even democrats in the house are on record as being frustrated. When Obama first got into office he was very clear the GOP needs to get to the back of the bus (his words). Is he really that eager to work with anyone other than himself?
    Lets see, the 2012 election was run on the basis of the ACA. Romney ran on the platform that if he wins, he's repealing the ACA. Obama ran on the platform that he would see it through. The AMERICAN PEOPLE SPOKE, and OBAMA was re-elected, so what does the GOP do? The GOP drafts bill after bill after bill after bill after bill after bill after bill trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

    So the 2012 elections being pretty much a referendum on the Affordable Care Act, and Obama winning, exactly why do you think he should've worked with the GOP in dismantling it?
    A895 likes this.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: AFSCME union drops support for The UNCF

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Revisionist history.

    If Dr. Ben Carson got the nomination he'd be labeled an Uncle Tom and a crack pot by the left. The left can lambaste any minority or woman and get away with it.
    Are you serious? Dr. Carson is just some black guy, he is one of the last people anyone would nominate. Why should they?


    (For safety, I am black, and I honestly don't feel he is worth any vote.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Poor cell phone signal on Nexus 5 out of the box - Solved?
    By Internetshopper in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Posting Permissions