Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By anon8126715
  • 3 Post By GadgetGator
  • 2 Post By anon8126715
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Default House approves lawsuit against Obama

Since the Impeachment thread was shut down, I figure this is something that should be up for discussion.

GOP-led House authorizes lawsuit against Obama - CNN.com

I find it to be quite infuriating. The House can't seem to get anything done for the good of the country, but they can resolve to sue the President. I can only hope that this means more turnout in November. From what I remember, although I didn't go back to research it, the GOP pushed to have the part of the ACA suspended that he acted on.

I hope this is a wake up call to Obama and his base to stop trying to bring in the fringe Republicans and start pushing policy that is popular with MOST Americans. The only way he's going to win is if he starts doing the will OF THE PEOPLE and stops trying to pacify the will of the loudest mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    Since the Impeachment thread was shut down, I figure this is something that should be up for discussion.

GOP-led House authorizes lawsuit against Obama - CNN.com

I find it to be quite infuriating. The House can't seem to get anything done for the good of the country, but they can resolve to sue the President. I can only hope that this means more turnout in November. From what I remember, although I didn't go back to research it, the GOP pushed to have the part of the ACA suspended that he acted on.

I hope this is a wake up call to Obama and his base to stop trying to bring in the fringe Republicans and start pushing policy that is popular with MOST Americans. The only way he's going to win is if he starts doing the will OF THE PEOPLE and stops trying to pacify the will of the loudest mouths.
    Yes, the GOP did want the employer mandate delayed. When he gives them what they want, they complain about it. Hypocritical fools.

They did this on the work requirement for welfare recipients too. They asked for flexibility and when he gave the GOP what they wanted, they started campaign ads saying he eliminated the work requirement and just wanted to give free money to everyone. A total lie.

Moral of the story: Don't give them anything they want as they do not appreciate it and just use it against you later on.

And yes. I think their efforts will backfire and only serve to organize and rally the Democrats. Great work GOP, you've shot yourself in the foot yet again. It's what they do best.

Posted via Android Central App
    A895, palandri and thatguy97 like this.

Default Re: House approves lawsuit against Obama

Hows this different than the bill to impeach Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Big difference: Efforts to impeach George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Considering Bush's "enhanced interrogations" was said to have violated the Geneva Convention and Obama's delaying of the employer mandate of the ACA was done at the request of the...wait for it....wait for it.... GOP, what do you think is different about it?
    palandri and A895 like this.

Considering Bush's "enhanced interrogations" was said to have violated the Geneva Convention and Obama's delaying of the employer mandate of the ACA was done at the request of the...wait for it....wait for it.... GOP, what do you think is different about it?
    George Bush calls off trip to Switzerland | Law | The Guardian

I'd say it was a political stunt when someone like Kucinich brings forth the articles which include Katrina and Global Warming. Clearly a poor one when one of the co-sponsors of the bill is running around now claiming they never tried to impeach Bush, forgetting she co-sponsored the bill. With that said, I'm pretty sure the right has stated clearly the lawsuit is being brought forth not only against Obama, but to set precedent for future Presidents when they try to circumvent congress. The Presidents job is to faithfully execute the laws of the land, not to ignore them or re-write them on his own. His brazen attempt to go at it alone and circumvent congress and publicly declare his intentions to do so far ahead of time is a dangerous precedent to set for any POTUS. We are a democratically elected republic, not a imperial nation.

Global Posts
    11,654 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Thread closed. When one of these is shut down the expectation is that the particular troll-fest in question ends there. This is a large part of why some threads are closed and others are merged together - these discussions already happened, already went south and were already stopped for a reason.

Thank you Darth Spock.

Anyone who may wish to question or challenge why we close or do things is welcome to contact me personally via PM.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    A895 likes this.