Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 85 of 85
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    He is pretty much a politician that's been in office too long. He let some foreign entity build toll roads out here because he's easing taxes on all the
    businesses so we can't repair our crumbling infrastructure. That's pretty much a tax hike on the working class as we have to pay tolls to get to and from work.

    Probably his biggest misdeeds in Texas is that he's cutting funding for education, helping the religious right nutbags push creationism into our public schools, and most recently signed an abortion bill into law that practically shut down most abortion clinics in the state. Fortunately, the supreme court has struck down a big part of that lawn that was meant to shut these clinics down.
    Oh do not get me started on education. The state is currently in round 3 on being sued by the school district on inadequate funding. Round 1 and 2 the school district won and all signs are pointing to they are going to win round 3 as well well. Texas Supreme Court has already told the state in both round 1 and 2 that it is unacceptable that it came to them. Chances are they are going to come down even harder on the state again.

    As for the abortion law that is another bs one. Any one who says that it was about women health is either an *****, a liar or both. Big time when perry said that this would make abortions no longer happen in the state.

    I think it is comical that the same group that is anti abortion also is the ones cutting funding for things like adaption, education and then absent only sex education. Basically they make the problem worse in poverty and education yet refuse to want to pay for it.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  2. #77  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Oh do not get me started on education. The state is currently in round 3 on being sued by the school district on inadequate funding. Round 1 and 2 the school district won and all signs are pointing to they are going to win round 3 as well well. Texas Supreme Court has already told the state in both round 1 and 2 that it is unacceptable that it came to them. Chances are they are going to come down even harder on the state again.

    As for the abortion law that is another bs one. Any one who says that it was about women health is either an *****, a liar or both. Big time when perry said that this would make abortions no longer happen in the state.

    I think it is comical that the same group that is anti abortion also is the ones cutting funding for things like adaption, education and then absent only sex education. Basically they make the problem worse in poverty and education yet refuse to want to pay for it.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Public education to me has always been a head scratcher. You have people that want to end programs like Affirmative Action (I'm personally against it as well from a purely "If I were a business owner I'd want the best working for me regardless of race, religion, sex, etc" standpoint) but don't want to provide equal education to all students so that they can develop into well educated adults. The resources then go to more affluent neighborhoods where the children there get an unfair advantage.

    My idea for making sure everyone gets the chance at the best education is to have the SAME teacher that teaches in the affluent neighborhoods teach remotely to poorer neighborhood schools as well. The teacher can telecommute from home or from her desired location, and you have lower level monitors and tutors on site with the children to help guide them through the lesson. Although I don't think those living in the affluent neighborhoods like the idea of getting the same level of education for their children as someone living in the ghetto, which is why I don't understand some people's logic. If you want to end institutions like Affirmative Action, then stop institutionalizing unfair advantages in the public school systems. Give people access to education so that they can lift themselves up out of poverty. Competition can only help move us forward. Rigging the system will only tarnish results.

    When I was living with my parents, they moved from a nice suburban area (school district that had many practicing doctors and lawyers living in the area) to a rural area out in the sticks. The differences in the level of education was mind blowing. It felt like I went from being a Jr. in high school one year, to being sent back to the 7th grade to complete my senior year.

    Maybe one day we'll realize that we're all in this together and will work to improve the human condition, and not look to enslave it for our own personal gain. Until then, we'll have special-interest serving politicians like Perry that mean to marginalize anyone that they don't see as a substantial campaign fund contributor.
  3. #78  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Oh, and you got me started on education first....
  4. #79  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Rick Perry: Joan Rivers' death preventable in Texas - CNN.com

    Not the brightest crayon in the box.....
  5. #80  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    The guy has no respect for women, I'm not surprised he wanted to use/abuse his office to replace her.
    I'm also not surprised that Rick Perry wanted to replace Rosemary Lehmberg. She seems to have a big problem with alcohol, and no one is stepping up to defend her drinking problem.

    In fact, if the situation were reversed and we were talking about a Democrat governor trying to remove a Republican district attorney who was convicted on drunk driving charges, I don't think you would have anyone complain.

    Given the situation, it seems like Rick Perry's idea to replace Lehmberg with Democrat Mindy Montford is pretty reasonable.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    I'm also not surprised that Rick Perry wanted to replace Rosemary Lehmberg. She seems to have a big problem with alcohol, and no one is stepping up to defend her drinking problem.

    In fact, if the situation were reversed and we were talking about a Democrat governor trying to remove a Republican district attorney who was convicted on drunk driving charges, I don't think you would have anyone complain.

    Given the situation, it seems like Rick Perry's idea to replace Lehmberg with Democrat Mindy Montford is pretty reasonable.
    As addressed before how he went about it is where he crossed the line and not relevant.
    Mix with who he said the replacement would be and who he would of really replace her with are 2 different things. Perry is a true pos politician and a prime example of one. Perry record says otherwise that he would of really done what he said. Basically he so call replacement should not be trusted.




    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  7. #82  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    I'm also not surprised that Rick Perry wanted to replace Rosemary Lehmberg. She seems to have a big problem with alcohol, and no one is stepping up to defend her drinking problem.

    In fact, if the situation were reversed and we were talking about a Democrat governor trying to remove a Republican district attorney who was convicted on drunk driving charges, I don't think you would have anyone complain.

    Given the situation, it seems like Rick Perry's idea to replace Lehmberg with Democrat Mindy Montford is pretty reasonable.
    The problem is she was investigating his office, which sounds like retaliation on his part. And just because he claims he's replacing one person with another person from the same party, have you ever heard of a "RINO"? Party labels don't hold the same weight that they once used to.
  8. #83  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    Basically he so call replacement should not be trusted.
    Do you have something against Mindy Montford?

    In any case, I think we can agree that it would be better if Rosemary Lehmberg stopped drinking alcohol. If she doesn't have the willpower to do that, then she should at least get a ride from a sober driver instead of getting behind the wheel herself.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    Do you have something against Mindy Montford?

    In any case, I think we can agree that it would be better if Rosemary Lehmberg stopped drinking alcohol. If she doesn't have the willpower to do that, then she should at least get a ride from a sober driver instead of getting behind the wheel herself.
    No more it is what perry said he would use for the replacement vs who it would really be is different.

    Basically do not trust perry really would of made him the da.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Until proven otherwise the so called "Google Update Alliances" is dead and was just empty promises and words. One has to look no father than the pathetic and slow update process of ICS on all the manufactures and carriers. We should all be asking the question about updates and the so called Update Alliances ever chance we get.
  10. #85  

    Default Re: Texas Gov. Rick Perry is indicted, accused of abusing his power

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelessblur View Post
    No more it is what perry said he would use for the replacement vs who it would really be is different.
    The good thing is that you don't have anything against Mindy Montford. If she had replaced Rosemary Lehmberg, you would not have a problem with that.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Why is my HTC one M8 trace keyboard not an option?
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2014, 01:31 PM
  2. Htc one v (process com.android.phone is not responding
    By gurisaini in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 01:31 AM
  3. Phone is relaying sms scam spam
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 01:35 PM
  4. droid 3 is non functional
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 01:04 AM
  5. trick to flash rom of a device in recovery bootloop
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions