10-14-2015 08:37 PM
46 12
tools
    Thank you for that information. From what I've read, the late Democrat Robert Byrd has a very interesting past.

He recruited 150 people to start a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in West Virginia. Byrd became a ranking officer (the "Exalted Cyclops") within the KKK.

He filibustered against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Citizens Against Government Waste called Byrd the "King of Pork" for his ability to steer federal funds to his state.

If Byrd were a Republican, we would never hear the end of it, but I guess everything is okay because he was a Democrat. Go figure.
    The error you are making is comparing a 1960's era politician and fast forwarding to today's political climate which is much different.

If a democrat of today did that, he would rightfully get the same negative attention.

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri and A895 like this.
    01-08-2015 06:57 PM
    The error you are making is comparing a 1960's era politician and fast forwarding to today's political climate which is much different.

If a democrat of today did that, he would rightfully get the same negative attention.

Pretty sure Byrd served until 2010. There isn't any way the left would have ever let the nation forget his past if he was a republican.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    01-08-2015 10:00 PM
    Pretty sure Byrd served until 2010. There isn't any way the left would have ever let the nation forget his past if he was a republican.
    Disagree. Byrd has done a lot of things alongside of denouncing and leaving the Klan. Can you compare fairly being in the Klan in the 60s to being affiliated with them in the early 2000s? Two different social viewpoints and climates, separated by nearly 4 decades. Too much time to even care what Byrd was doing. But being affiliated in a new millennia is a whole different story and one Scalise shouldn't get away with.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-09-2015 08:55 AM
    I don't believe there are different standards. But if there are, then you have no one to blame but republicans for having lax standards and not doing the same.

01-09-2015 09:23 AM
    Side stepping? How so.

And wow...because somebody believes in one thing it makes all their other points invalid? That's pretty myopic.

I don't have Myopia, my vision is 20/20. Don't put words in my mouth. I believe that Greta belongs to a cult, but that's my personal opinion.
    Side stepping is quoting someone else to try and make your point. What's your opinion? I don't give a damn what Erickson says or doesn't say. I don't even know who he is. Why not just come out and say it. Repeat after me....I HATE REPUBLICANS. Come on, you can do it.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    01-09-2015 09:35 AM
    I don't have Myopia, my vision is 20/20. Don't put words in my mouth. I believe that Greta belongs to a cult, but that's my personal opinion.
    Side stepping is quoting someone else to try and make your point. What's your opinion? I don't give a damn what Erickson says or doesn't say. I don't even know who he is. Why not just come out and say it. Repeat after me....I HATE REPUBLICANS. Come on, you can do it.
    I can't hate all Republicans when you have some smart members like John McCain.

01-09-2015 10:01 AM
    Disagree. Byrd has done a lot of things alongside of denouncing and leaving the Klan. Can you compare fairly being in the Klan in the 60s to being affiliated with them in the early 2000s? Two different social viewpoints and climates, separated by nearly 4 decades. Too much time to even care what Byrd was doing. But being affiliated in a new millennia is a whole different story and one Scalise shouldn't get away with.

Just stop, the left hammered Trent Lott when he made the remarks he made about Thurmond and it was nothing more than trying to cheer up an old man. The MSM NEVER granted Thurmond the same benefit of the doubt that Byrd received. Why? Because he took a solid voting bloc in the south that was blue and turned it red. He was a turncoat, Democrat that switched parties and took the deep south with him. Thurmond was a "foe of integration", Byrd was a "Respected voice of the senate". One was upper level KKK member, the other a segregationist.
    01-09-2015 10:15 AM
    I don't believe there are different standards. But if there are, then you have no one to blame but republicans for having lax standards and not doing the same.

You don't believe so, but history has proved otherwise.
    01-09-2015 10:23 AM

A different story? Boooooogus! I can't believe... wait, I guess I can, you think Byrd, left the Klan? Oh' wait. He's a democrat who can do no wrong...

And we really shouldn't call a "you" a hyporict because just like trolling everyone has been a hypocrit, at a one point or another.
    01-09-2015 12:54 PM
    A different story? Boooooogus! I can't believe... wait, I guess I can, you think Byrd, left the Klan? Oh' wait. He's a democrat who can do no wrong...

And we really shouldn't call a "you" a hyporict because just like trolling everyone has been a hypocrit, at a one point or another.
    You think being a Democrat excuses his past actions? Not. I think the points moot if he left the Klan and has done things to further minorities later in his tenure. Byrd on the other hand has openly admitted to not talking to White Supremacists and saying he didn't know who they were is the height of stupidity for a Congressman.

01-09-2015 09:03 PM
    I can't hate all Republicans when you have some smart members like John McCain.

I won't knock McCain because of his war record, however, he must have done something dumb for you to like him.
    01-10-2015 11:48 AM
    Nice side-stepping. On a personal note...Greta believes in Scientology, so i wouldn't believe anything that she says.
    How is Scientology any stranger than some of the more mainstream religions? Do Scientologists believe that there was a man who was told to build a ship big enough to house 2 of EVERY species in preparation for a huge flood? If your standard is set so high, please tell me that you also don't believe anything any Christians, Muslims, Judists have told you, since they're all pretty much up there in the slinging of BS as far as religion is concerned. Or are we just cherry picking at this point to try to validate our beliefs?

Thank you for that information. From what I've read, the late Democrat Robert Byrd has a very interesting past.

He recruited 150 people to start a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in West Virginia. Byrd became a ranking officer (the "Exalted Cyclops") within the KKK.

He filibustered against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Citizens Against Government Waste called Byrd the "King of Pork" for his ability to steer federal funds to his state.

If Byrd were a Republican, we would never hear the end of it, but I guess everything is okay because he was a Democrat. Go figure.
    What do you suggest we do? Shall we dig up his rotting carcass and put his rotting bones on trial? Also, he was around back when the south was all Democratic. Does the word "Dixiecrats" not ring a bell? To give you an idea, the very same Democrats back then would now name themselves as Republicans, or do you honestly think that Abe Lincoln would actually become a Republican President if he had our current group of Republicans around to challenge his emancipation of the slaves?
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-10-2015 12:08 PM
    How is Scientology any stranger than some of the more mainstream religions? Do Scientologists believe that there was a man who was told to build a ship big enough to house 2 of EVERY species in preparation for a huge flood? If your standard is set so high, please tell me that you also don't believe anything any Christians, Muslims, Judists have told you, since they're all pretty much up there in the slinging of BS as far as religion is concerned. Or are we just cherry picking at this point to try to validate our beliefs?

What do you suggest we do? Shall we dig up his rotting carcass and put his rotting bones on trial? Also, he was around back when the south was all Democratic. Does the word "Dixiecrats" not ring a bell? To give you an idea, the very same Democrats back then would now name themselves as Republicans, or do you honestly think that Abe Lincoln would actually become a Republican President if he had our current group of Republicans around to challenge his emancipation of the slaves?

What the heck is a Judist? Someone who likes the song Hey Jude? By the way, Scientology is not a religion, it's a cult, complete with brainwashing.
    01-10-2015 03:27 PM
    What the heck is a Judist? Someone who likes the song Hey Jude? By the way, Scientology is not a religion, it's a cult, complete with brainwashing.
    Do you even know the difference between a cult and a religion? I suggest you go find out since it's apparent that you don't know the difference.
    01-10-2015 03:51 PM
    I won't knock McCain because of his war record, however, he must have done something dumb for you to like him.
    He said some very intelligent comments regarding the Torture Report that put him back on my good side. Plus some other things he has said recently.

01-10-2015 04:57 PM
    Do you even know the difference between a cult and a religion? I suggest you go find out since it's apparent that you don't know the difference.

I know that you changed the subject. What does this have to do with Steve Scalise?
    01-10-2015 05:24 PM
    I know that you changed the subject. What does this have to do with Steve Scalise?
    Evading the question doesn't make one a great debater..... Let me help you.... Google Now I'll ask again, do you know the difference between a cult and a religion?
    01-10-2015 05:52 PM
    Evading the question doesn't make one a great debater..... Let me help you.... Google Now I'll ask again, do you know the difference between a cult and a religion?

I can't answer you. Try this guy, maybe he can help you find your answer.
    Attached Thumbnails Steve Scalise of Louisiana-images1.jpeg  
    01-10-2015 06:02 PM
    I can't answer you. Try this guy, maybe he can help you find your answer.
    I see one in the same, is that by design?
    GadgetGator and A895 like this.
    01-10-2015 06:04 PM
    For someone that complains about words being put into your mouth, you sure don't seem to have a problem putting them in mine. But in this case you are right and I have no problem stating that. I do hate the republican party. Why? Because they would be quite happy curtailing both my civil rights as well as my healthcare. Why wouldn't I hate them?

Though that fact has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Because I hate racist too, no matter what their party. Not that I am saying the congressman is a racist. But you got to do your research and due diligence before speaking in front of a group.

Speaking of research...Interesting you don't know who Erickson is considering he is a rather prominent person in the party.

And it doesn't matter if someone belongs to a religion you consider cultist. They can still have valid opinions in other matters.

01-10-2015 06:04 PM
    And yet there are fellow Republicans like Erik Erickson from redstatered who say how could he have not known?
    This is why it's important to give adequate time to investigate these matters. What do we have 10 months later?

NOLA.com -- A week of near victory, celebration and heartbreak for Steve Scalise (article link)

Steve Scalise will not be majority leader, but he will remain as the majority whip.

Maybe someone forgot to tell Scalise to resign?
    10-14-2015 08:37 PM
46 12