12-19-2016 12:33 AM
209 ... 789
tools
    This whole "none of the above" idea is starting to sound better and better. Looked into Johnson some more, and I can't support his views on immigration. I feel that would hurt the country in a big way.
    07-25-2016 03:02 PM
    Now the test will come...can she make herself relatable to all those types of people she showed in her video?
    Well, the results are in. Hillary Clinton simply could not inspire enough people to go out and vote for her. Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States.

What did Clinton do wrong? What did Trump do right? What are your thoughts on a Trump presidency?
    11-09-2016 06:12 PM
    I voted none of the above and just going along for the ride. Yes, I did vote (so don't confuse it with apathy), but I had some big issues with all the candidates and voted a write in for "none of the above." I'm done voting for someone just to keep someone else out of office.

What I found most interesting during this is how a vote for Gary Johnson counted 3 times.

I'd you're a Clinton supporter, it counted for Trump.

If you're a Trump supporter, it counted for Clinton.

If you were a Johnson supporter, it counted for Johnson.

Also I think it was pretty intriguing that Clinton didn't give a concession speech last night.
    11-09-2016 06:19 PM
    Also I think it was pretty intriguing that Clinton didn't give a concession speech last night.
    I heard Clinton was inconsolable once it was clear what the election results would be. She was the clear favorite, and all the polls said that she would win. The loss must have been devastating.

On top of that, Congress is now under Republican control. It's only a matter of time before they also put conservative judges on the Supreme Court. Could Republicans roll back everything that was done during the Obama administration? We'll find out soon enough.
    11-10-2016 03:10 PM
    Well, the results are in. Hillary Clinton simply could not inspire enough people to go out and vote for her. Donald Trump will be the next president of the United States.

What did Clinton do wrong? What did Trump do right? What are your thoughts on a Trump presidency?
    Cautiously horrified.
    11-10-2016 04:24 PM
    I heard Clinton was inconsolable once it was clear what the election results would be. She was the clear favorite, and all the polls said that she would win. The loss must have been devastating.

On top of that, Congress is now under Republican control. It's only a matter of time before they also put conservative judges on the Supreme Court. Could Republicans roll back everything that was done during the Obama administration? We'll find out soon enough.
    Hopefully the stuff bad for the American people will be rolled back....the American people need to come together and realize the enemies are the other countries that don't like us being the #1 greatest nation on earth.
    11-10-2016 04:43 PM
    Clear favorite? I don't think I'd go that far. The popular vote numbers I just looked up only had her up by 336k votes out of a combined 120M between her and Trump, and only a 1% difference. In relative terms, that's kind of a close call.

And poll numbers can't always be trusted. I was actually called to participate in an election poll last month. The way they asked the questions, I couldn't answer with my honest opinion for many of them. A popular example of this is the polls that only allowed you to pick either Clinton or Trump, not a third party candidate/write-in or simply abstaining. So I just gave my answers knowing the real value of them would be lost to the pollster's narrow interpretation as the polling dictated.

If she was that inconsolable, then that's probably a good indicator of her ruling as president.
    11-10-2016 06:32 PM
    Hillary lost because she alienated a large portion of the democratic base during the primaries and she was generally unlike able to everyone else. Many that did vote for her simply did to vote against Trump.

Not that it was that very different for Trump, but he had a strong silent movement in the middle class that was able to edge it out for him.

I am still in shock he got the nomination in the first place, and even more surprised he won. I am very concerned going forward, but the more that I read about his campaign and general actions, the more I see that he is very intelligent underneath his moronic face he puts on. Whether or not he will use that intelligence to actually make some good changes is yet to be seen.

The only actual good news from this election is that Hillary will not be getting Supreme Court nominations...
    11-13-2016 02:20 PM
    About Trump's intelligence... I do like the SNL cold open from the 17th portraying Trump as just a pawn on a bigger game between Putin and some other entity. In a way it does seem to be a bit logical. All things aside, Putin is an incredibly smart and conniving person. He has bigger plans that simply putting Trump in power because Putin has a vendetta against Clinton and Trump just likes him. He has bigger plans and I doubt even Trump knows what he's planning.

On the domestic side of things, I am a bit appalled and still more so shocked that Trump won. While I had a feeling that if he won, he would break all his promises, I'm still very weary of him. He has 6 opinions on every issue and every one of them can be his true opinion. I am deeply concerned about the apparent and very real conflicts of interest that have now been brought to the fore. He needs to cut his ties with his business and put it in a true blind trust. The conflicts have also been shown through the many meetings with foreign diplomats and domestic business leaders that his children have sat in on. The children that he wants to run his business in his absence. The children that he also wants to have as advisors to his administration.

Either way, I digress. We'll just have to sit back and watch and hope that the world doesn't burn around us.
    12-19-2016 12:33 AM
209 ... 789