Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default •• What do you feel is the best approach toward diminishing the threat of terrorism?

Preemption, diplomacy or something else?

The downside of preemption -

Stirring up "hornet's nests" and creating more enemies.

The downside of diplomacy -

Looking like patsies.

The biggest danger -

Complacency
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Kick their *** so far up their skull they never want to come back.

ROM
    Stock

you never negotiate or acknowledge terrorists, you kill them.
    Motorola Bag Phone--> Motorola Brick Phone--> Motorola Thick Flip Phone-->Motorola Star Tac--->Nokia 5510--->Nextel i90-->Treo600-->treo650-->treo700p--->treo755p--->treo800w--->EPIC 4G-->Samsung Infuse-->Galaxy Nexus GSM
    Thanked by:
    thekid 

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Firstly, our foreign policy has to change. We must stop force feeding "democracy" upon people that don't desire it. Stop being the world's police. Take care of issues in our own country. The money we spend destroying other countries could've gone a long way to fixing some of the problems we have here in our nation.
    Stop invading other countries. Stop propping up dictators that oppress their people and help them establish true democracies that aren't hedgemonic schemes to rob them of their countries resources and money. Stop funding regime takeovers against people we dont like. Get rid of the anti-muslim discourse going on. Stop killing innocents in the middle east. Stop allowing US corporations doing business with terrorists.

Get rid of the neoconservatives and federal reserve bank. Fire all dems and repubs, that support the patriot act.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    ClnROM2.0/ClnKERNEL1.0

Janet Napolitano and the ATF seem to think that molesting children at airports is
    a completely acceptable way of diminishing the threat....
    "Common Sense...
    so friggen' rare,it should be considered a Super power!"

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SAHARAT View Post
    Janet Napolitano and the ATF seem to think that molesting children at airports is
    Personally, I think the TSA needs to go away.

Who have they stopped?

Just another government agency that we all have to pay for and will never go away....
    Motorola Bag Phone--> Motorola Brick Phone--> Motorola Thick Flip Phone-->Motorola Star Tac--->Nokia 5510--->Nextel i90-->Treo600-->treo650-->treo700p--->treo755p--->treo800w--->EPIC 4G-->Samsung Infuse-->Galaxy Nexus GSM

ROM
    voodoo enhanced!

Default And behind door three we have....

Quote Originally Posted by SAHARAT View Post
    This is a sad day in America. What will they come up with next to "combat terrorism"? What was the last thing we heard about being discovered at the airport which posed a threat to passengers? Nothing; and we are going to find more of nothing because the people who would like to harm us are smart enough to not send a person through the airport carrying contraband, unless it was a diversion. the last thing which was discovered was the bomb in the copy machine sent from Africa somewhere; TSA wasn't the ones who found it either. It was discovered due to some person who cared enough to put his life on the line and speak up.

The TSA is a disgrace, people who condone their actions stripping us of our freedom and way of life should think twice. Once the Government takes something from you, you don't get it back; and it usually leads to other rights or freedoms impinged upon. I personaly want less government in my life; I work hard for the things I have and don't care to share with those who don't. It should be my choice as an American. I have heard some say that "flying is a priviledge and not a right, so if you don't like it, take the bus." Acepting this is accepting mediocrity, something which I refuse to do.

These terrorists are laughing at us, they are winning with each freedom removed, they are winning.

The TSA should be de-funded and dis banded, I don't know how those employees sleep at night.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: And behind door three we have....

Quote Originally Posted by mikiemike View Post

These terrorists are laughing at us, they are winning with each freedom removed, they are winning.
    The same terrorists who acted over 10 years ago? You know ..... those who are currently worm-food - since the US finally started conducting a true war against terrorists 2-3 years ago? Or those created in the wake of invading a sovereign nation [Iraq] without cause, killing >150k of their civilians?

The TSA should be de-funded and dis banded, I don't know how those employees sleep at night.
    And return security to the same airline industry "experts" who allowed 9/11 to happen? Although, as Richard Clarke testified, the government precisely knew in July/August 2001 that this attack was imminent?

Brilliant.