Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Here are SOME of the highlights from Sen. Fienstein's(sp) proposed assault weapons ban.

She (Fienstein) also stated in an interview from 1995 that if she could have gotten the votes in congress in 95 to confiscate every gun from every American citizen she would have done it. So do not fool yourself into thinking she does not have an agenda, and part of it includes the disarming of America. You may disagree with myself and others on our need and ownership of these weapons. But one day myself and others like me may be all that stand between you and a tyrannical government.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    We know what an assault weapon ban is, problem is most people don't know what an assault WEAPON is.
    Specifically, how are you any less safe in your home when assault weapons are no longer manufactured?

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Specifically, how are you any less safe in your home when assault weapons are no longer manufactured?
    Specifically how are you any more safe anywhere if this ban is enacted.

Sent from my refrigerator

Maybe you should ask that mom in GA that shot the gut 5 times in the face and neck.

Also what makes you think assault weapons won't be manufactured??

One way I would be less safe is the criminal that might break in my house might have one. Also these assault weapons the media keeps going on about are used in hunting all the time. Bushmaster, nothing but a high powered .22, my glock handgun has a higher caliber bullet than the Bushmaster.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Here we go with the imaginary scenario's again.

Actually, banning them will make them more desired by the criminal element. Which makes my house and others like mine more likely to be at risk for home invasions. As to how would they know where they are, in a town this small everyone knows what you are doing. Along with the fact that Fienstein wants a registry for these types of weapons. I doubt they can keep that database secure, heck I wouldn't put it past the current administration to release the list. Or for some foolish newspaper reporter/editor that has no idea what journalistic integrity is to publish it. (End rant)
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    ConTejas likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Specifically how are you any more safe anywhere if this ban is enacted.
    The supply of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines will dry up over time since those included in the ban will no longer be manufactured. The likelihood of violence associated with them will continue to decline as they become a distant, bad memory.

The supply of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines will dry up over time since those included in the ban will no longer be manufactured. The likelihood of violence associated with them will continue to decline as they become a distant, bad memory.
    Hahaha...I refer you to the Clinton ban.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

No longer manufactured hahaha son how will the military get them if they aren't. Also have you thought about the manufacturing across the globe :rolleyes:.

Markster1 and Kelly Kearns like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Also have you thought about the manufacturing across the globe :rolleyes
    Guess I'll see you on the evening news one night. Something about Homeland Security, a self-proclaimed 'patriot', and illegal weapons trafficking.

Guess I'll see you on the evening news one night. Something about Homeland Security, a self-proclaimed 'patriot', and illegal weapons trafficking.
    That would be our Attorney General, Holder.

Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Hahaha...I refer you to the Clinton ban.
    The one handed to him by Newt Gingrich? The same one endorsed by Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan?
    nolittdroid likes this.

The one handed to him by Newt Gingrich? The same one endorsed by Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan?
    Put down the kool-aid!

Clinton enacted the ban, the guns were still manufactured. What you don't know is that COSMETIC changes decided if something was an assault weapon or not under the Clinton ban.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I wish more people thought with their brains not their TV's.

Thanked by:

And what does Newt have to do with anything? Is this now about parties? Sorry I don't do parties, I vote PEOPLE.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Put down the kool-aid!

Clinton enacted the ban, the guns were still manufactured. What you don't know is that COSMETIC changes decided if something was an assault weapon or not under the Clinton ban.
    I'm unconcerned if you choose not to appreciate the fact that reasonable conservatives at the time saw merit in the 94 ban. No koolade required. Don't like historical fact which demonstrate how far off the deep end the GOP has gone in less than 20 years? Tough.

And it is for reasons beyond your example that the 2013 ban has teeth.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

And what does Newt have to do with anything? Is this now about parties? Sorry I don't do parties, I vote PEOPLE.
    ..... And other tales of bs

I'm unconcerned if you choose not to appreciate the fact that reasonable conservatives at the time saw merit in the 94 ban. No koolade required. Don't like historical fact which demonstrate how far off the deep end the GOP has gone in less than 20 years? Tough.

And it is for reasons beyond your example that the 2013 ban has teeth.
    I don't care what anyone thinks nor do I give a rip about the GOP or DNC. They are not in my house protecting me.

They can ban any gun they want, mine are not going anywhere.

Markster1 likes this.

..... And other tales of bs
    Sorry to disappoint, I voted Clinton, among other Democrats. Sorry, party followers are sheep that can't think for themselves.

Live2ride883 and Markster1 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Sorry to disappoint, I voted Clinton, among other Democrats. Shading, party followers are sheep that can't think for themselves.
    Somehow, your hate comes through loud and clear despite your claims. By all means, keep posting examples of your sober, centrist positions.

You should meet my friend, the die hard Democrat that owns several guns and his last purchase was an Uzi.

You might live in a box, everyone doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Somehow, your hate comes through loud and clear despite your claims. By all means, keep posting examples of your sober, centrist positions.
    Hate??? Please quote my hate now.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

It would seem you're dropping more insults than facts or points.

Kelly Kearns likes this.

That's what happens when they don't have FACTS on their side.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I didn't start this fire.

I didn't start this fire.
    You most certainly did.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast