Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    If you'll recall, I have not made any such fantastical proposition.

In a civil society of laws, what choice do we have but to make and enforce the strongest laws possible to minimize the likelihood of gun violence. If we are not agreed to this principle, there is no point in going beyond this point. Is a law which can be demonstrated to have directly and effectively reduced the death toll by 5 worth it? What's the magic number? Ask the police chiefs and the families of those most effected for the real answer.
    By that logic again we shouldn't have access to alcohol, knives, baseball bats, any other type of gun, or cars, as getting rid of these would be just as if not more likely to save human life.

Sent from my refrigerator
    Thanked by 2:
    The Hustleman likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    By that logic again we shouldn't have access to alcohol, knives, baseball bats, any other type of gun, or cars, as getting rid of these would be just as if not more likely to save human life.
    How many times must you be challenged on this false argument when it is commonly known that firearms account for 67% of all US homicides? Please spare us the insult to common intelligence.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

How many times must you be challenged on this false argument when it is commonly known that firearms account for 67% of all US homicides? Please spare us the insult to common intelligence.

Vehicular deaths not included, those involving drunk drivers not included, the breakdown of those weapons is about as clear as mud, and don't prove "assault weapons" are the problem. This also wasn't clear on how they came to those statistics were victims only innocent people or did this show deaths due to self defense as well. All of that is extremely vague and seem to fit your agenda of fear mongering perfectly.:rolleyes:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Also that same site shows a trend saying murder as a whole justifiable and otherwise has been dropping at least since 2002.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Vehicular deaths not included, those involving drunk drivers not included, the breakdown of those weapons is about as clear as mud, and don't prove "assault weapons" are the problem. This also wasn't clear on how they came to those statistics were victims only innocent people or did this show deaths due to self defense as well. All of that is extremely vague and seem to fit your agenda of fear mongering perfectly.:rolleyes:
    Is this an admission that you haven't clue-1 to the veracity of your own claim? How is alcohol used as a weapon? Should fire not be included as an instrument of death?
    Educate yourself on your own failing claims, then we can talk. I'm not playing whack-a-mole with the uninformed.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Of all gun deaths in the US in 2011...over 50% were suicides...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Let's assume that firearms are used for the proposed 67% of homicides (not that I am unwilling to look it up, just don't have the time right now). How many of those are homicides are committed using an AR-15 type rifle?
    --------------------------------------Then there's this----------------------------

The Second Amendment refers to “a well-regulated militia.”The right of the people to form citizen militias was unquestioned by the Founders.
    A. The Federalist Papers, No. 28: Alexander Hamilton expressed that when a government betrays the people by amassing too much power and becoming tyrannical, the people have no choice but to exercise their original right of self-defense — to fight the government.[Halbrook, p. 67]
    B. The Federalist Papers, No. 29: Alexander Hamilton explained that an armed citizenry was the best and only real defense against a standing army becoming large and oppressive. [Halbrook, p. 67]
    C. The Federalist Papers, No. 46: James Madison contended that ultimate authority resides in the people, and that if the federal government got too powerful and overstepped its authority, then the people would develop plans of resistance and resort to arms. [Halbrook, p. 67]
    D. There was no National Guard, and the Founders opposed anything but a very small national military. The phrase “well-regulated” means well-trained and disciplined — not “regulated” as we understand that term in the modern sense of bureaucratic regulation. [This meaning still can be found in the unabridged Oxford English Dictionary, 2d ed. 1989, Vol 13, p. 524, and Vol 20. p. 138.]
    E. The Federalists promised that state governments and citizen militias would exist to make sure the federal military never became large or oppressive. To say that the National Guard replaces the notion of the militia runs contrary to what the Founders said and wrote.
    F. The Third Amendment: Expressly restrains the federal government from building a standing army and infiltrating it among the people ...and at the people’s expense ... in times of peace. The Third Amendment runs against the idea of a permanent standing army or federalized National Guard in principle, if not by its words.

Thanks for the video link, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are going to come after them. Look at what's happening in NYC right now. They say pot, etc is a gateway drug. Well IMO this is a gateway law and I fully believe it is unconstitutional.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-29-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

The NRA doesn't care about you either. However, it loves the way you think.

The difference is that we can control the production of firearms. We cannot control the production of illicit drugs. Sorry that the math of draining the swamp doesn't work for you. It works for the rest of us though.
    You can't control the production of guns. At least half of the guns are made overseas and imported into the country. Please correct your statement.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    You can't control the production of guns. At least half of the guns are made overseas and imported into the country. Please correct your statement.
    2 things. First, back up your claim with an apolitical original source. Secondly, a ban on the importation of illicit weapons reduces the volume to a trickle.
    nolittdroid likes this.

Taye Diggs caught a burglar in his garage yesterday.... He tackled the guy down the street.

So contrary to popular belief not all thieves are armed with semi auto AR-15s like you guys are desperate to believe.

via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    Sent from my S3

Thanks for the video link, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are going to come after them. Look at what's happening in NYC right now. They say pot, etc is a gateway drug. Well IMO this is a gateway law and I fully believe it is unconstitutional.

I tried to load but I keep getting a page cannot be displayed error.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Thanks for the video link, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are going to come after them.
    Your irrationally unfounded, fear-and-loathing-based supposition is duly noted.

Secondly, a ban on the importation of illicit weapons reduces the volume to a trickle.
    Sure.... Look how it's worked on the ban of the importation of illicit drugs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Sure.... Look how it's worked on the importation of illicit drugs.
    Sure. The attitude the NRA has worked $o hard to achieve.

DHS, in conjunction with port authorities, local police forces, and FBI/ATF may have a little something to say about the importation of illicit firearms into the US

What's the magic number, again, that makes the juice worth the squeeze?

Sure. The attitude the NRA has worked $o hard to achieve.

DHS, in conjunction with port authorities, local police forces, and FBI/ATF may have a little something to say about the importation of illicit firearms into the US

What's the magic number, again, that makes the juice worth the squeeze?
    It's not an attitude.... it's a fact. Regardless of your opinion or the NRA's.

The money wasted on the enforcement of an unenforceable law, would be better spent on mental health care. With the ending result of more lives being saved.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    ConTejas likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    Of all gun deaths in the US in 2011...over 50% were suicides...
    Cite your source. FBI does not conflate the terms "murder" and "suicide" as you are. The rate of murder/homicide of another person by firearm (67% of total murders/homicides) is as the FBI reports.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    The money wasted on the enforcement of an unenforceable law, would be better spent on mental health care. With the ending result of more lives being saved.
    Whose study of the US population and criminal tendencies produced such an auspicious outcome? Or is this just personal conjecture?

2 things. First, back up your claim with an apolitical original source. Secondly, a ban on the importation of illicit weapons reduces the volume to a trickle.
    You claimed limiting production not an import ban. You dispute my post, you look it up. I'm not you're stump thumper!

The video includes an example of an AR-15 being used for home DEFENSE, there have been others as well.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    You claimed limiting production not an import ban.
    The federal ban currently being considered includes an import ban.

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

The video includes an example of an AR-15 being used for home DEFENSE, there have been others as well.
    Reading the comments on this article is sickening. These are some of the most ignorant, sad-panda delusional people I've ever seen. They are truly contemplating a situation where they, using semi automatic rifles, will somehow defeat the US military. If there ever was another civil war, the rebels stand literally no chance. Sure, you can best a mugger, but legal weapons are useless against stealth bombers, tanks, missiles and drones. This fantasy has got to end before these morons act on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

nolittdroid likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

/snip/The video includes an example of an AR-15 being used for home DEFENSE, there have been others as well.
    As has been demonstrated elsewhere in this thread, only 8% of the time are firearms used to injure/kill assailants. A peashooter does enough to scare a coward into the next zip code. And you still have every right to keep and bear arms.

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

If sources like and others like it are a main source of your news, and not just occasionally viewed for their comedic value and/or to feel better about your own mental health compared to the writers and commentors.... there is a problem.

Just as with the liberal publications, "facts" and "quotes" are often spun completely out of context, and done so in a way to sensationalize the publication to increase page views, which is equal to revenue. It's really easy to get a bunch of left or right wing lunatics onto one site or another and have them all feed off of each other's paranoia about what the opposing side is doing, but very little real information is being spread this way. You've got to be able to think for yourself and get away from the talking points of both sides. It's all nonsense generate just to fire people up. And while the hate-mongers of both sides believe Jesus agrees with whom they choose to hate, both are completely wrong and all are being duped by these force-fed lies. The real enemy is REAL tyranny, not each other. If you want to go after someone, go after the real fascists, the corporate and government collaborations that directly erode real freedom and generate real theft, real war and real genocide while the children of America spend all their time bickering about foolish garbage tossed at their feet by the corrupt media.

Wake up. No one is going to steal your guns, and on the other side, even if they did, it wouldn't help. Criminals will always be criminals and until we have a representative government sponsored police force that actually has our best interests at heart, it is totally reasonable for people to want to defend themselves in lieu of having storm troopers descend at the drop of every stolen Rolex. We can't spend all of our time cowering from imaginary scenarios when the real world requires our full attention if we want to fix any of this.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Reading the comments on this article is sickening. These are some of the most ignorant, sad-panda delusional people I've ever seen. They are truly contemplating a situation where they, using semi automatic rifles, will somehow defeat the US military. If there ever was another civil war, the rebels stand literally no chance. Sure, you can best a mugger, but legal weapons are useless against stealth bombers, tanks, missiles and drones. This fantasy has got to end before these morons act on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Doesn't surprise me to me honest

via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    Sent from my S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    War is a growth industry, haven't you heard? Unfortunately, I genuinely believe there are many (though a small minority) in this nation who want a Fort Sumter event to occur so the real fireworks can start in "taking back their country". Publications like WND only exist to feed the worst irrational fears among us.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 ... LastLast