Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    War is a growth industry, haven't you heard? Unfortunately, I genuinely believe there are many (though a small minority) in this nation who want a Fort Sumter event to occur so the real fireworks can start in "taking back their country". Publications like WND only exist to feed the worst irrational fears among us.
    Have you ever been part of a war? No then stfu because I have nobody wants that.

Sent from my refrigerator

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

The federal ban currently being considered includes an import ban.
    Of course it does but that's not what you said originally. You stated that production could be controlled and that's just not so. While the US is a large consumer of gun and accessories, we're not the only ones. Look what Obama just did for Mexican drug cartels..... gave them guns, that was nice of him.

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Have you ever been part of a war? No then stfu because I have nobody wants that.

I have; and reading the comments on the article previously linked makes me believe that the people making the comments definitely do glorify the possibility of warfare against the government, against knowledge and against their own God.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

I for one hope the government never abuses their power so much that the people have to rise up against it but have you ever considered the thought of foreign attackers on our soil and how shotguns just ain't gonna cut it. I hope that never happens either but nothing is impossible.

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

It's like we have a major part of the country that thinks, " let's be as golly danged dumb as we can and revel in it".

As has been demonstrated elsewhere in this thread, only 8% of the time are firearms used to injure/kill assailants. A peashooter does enough to scare a coward into the next zip code. And you still have every right to keep and bear arms.
    So what about the woman in Texas I believe who fired six rounds at a criminal who had broken into her home. She hit him 5 of 6 times in the face and neck and he still kept coming.

And if that's all you got out of the video maybe you should watch it again..
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Approximately 0% of gun related crimes involved neither a gun nor a criminal. We can't eliminate either, and thus we should try to limit their interaction. Law abiding citizens shouldn't be negatively impacted by the correct action.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

So only those who have experienced military combat may express an opinion concerning war? And you speak for all?

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

As a potential solution I might propose much stricter background checks, closing all loopholes and then, at minimum, tripling the minimum penalty for all gun related crime, especially the unlawful sale, trade or gift, possession, etc of any firearm. Couple with better training and education for improved effect. This will not stop crazy people from hurting innocent people, but it might help reduce crimes where the criminal is trying to get away, rather than killing themselves. More effective than a van, 0% infringement on the rights of innocent law abiding citizens.

Markster1 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I can hardly blame you for being upset that chickenhawks sold America a bill of goods, based on fear and ignorance, to justify 2 full-scale hot wars (well, maybe 1.25 since Afghanistan was left in the dust as of 3/19/03) which were unpaid for ..... and far too many Americans did not demand higher standards of proof of imminent threats at the time. You paid a price which was never truly necessary and I can respect that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Approximately 0% of gun related crimes involved neither a gun nor a criminal. We can't eliminate either, and thus we should try to limit their interaction. Law abiding citizens shouldn't be negatively impacted by the correct action.
    When someone can demonstrate through a documented crime record that the elimination of assault weapons from the public market reduces the public's safety, I'll be all ears. Without which, there is no negative impact on law abiding citizens. Anecdotal stories don't pass the sniff test and are not a basis on which to form policies.

Same thing I posted in the other politics thread.

Nobody is obligated to post. If you do post we expect it to be done in a decent manor which means no insults, personal attacks, trolling and watch the language including abbreviations or work arounds to circumvent the language filters.

If you have a member or post you think needs Moderator attention then please report the post and let us handle it.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Of course it does but that's not what you said originally. You stated that production could be controlled and that's just not so. While the US is a large consumer of gun and accessories, we're not the only ones. Look what Obama just did for Mexican drug cartels..... gave them guns, that was nice of him.
    When referring to production, I thought it was obvious I was speaking of domestic manufacturing. We do, indeed, have full control of domestic production. While the US cannot directly control firearm production outside of its jurisdiction, we can (and do) control imports.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    So only those who have experienced military combat may express an opinion concerning war? And you speak for all?

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Anybody who's been through that won't take it lightly. War isn't something people want, you guys can sit behind your keyboards all day and speculate but you have never experienced the potential of humans for violence in that manner. Nobody in their right mind hopes to start a war. Yes I took offense that's not a subject to be taken lightly war isn't glorious, it's not fun, it's something I'm glad most people never have to see.

Hmmmm, just like how the government controls illegal immigration and drugs. How's that working out?
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Hmmmm, just like how the government controls illegal immigration and drugs. How's that working out?
    The control of legally-produced, regulated products VS illicit? Is that really your question?

I don't even have a comment for this news report ......
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I am prior military and I was also a NRA member in the past. I use go duck, pheasant and turkey hunting.

I certainly support your right to protect yourself. This bit about protecting yourself from a rogue government is nuts nowadays. I was in the military and do you think I would follow an order to kill Americans? Of course not! That would be an illegal order.
    There were German citizens who thought their military and ss troops wouldn't mess with them either.

I find it amazing how people are willing to give up their rights to the ones they are written to protect themselves from. If I don't like something, I still don't want it outlawed.

The laws work. The ct shooter tried to legally obtain a gun but current laws prohibited him from it. He broke 1000's of laws that dreadful day and they didn't stop him.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty for security deserve neither, and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Last edited by Serial Fordicator; 01-29-2013 at 05:50 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ConTejas likes this.

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post

I don't even have a comment for this news report ......
    Credibility... The story is likely fact spun way out of context. Note the user that posted it and the comments. These are the lunatics we talked about earlier. The first video I saw on related videos was about acutely converting airsoft to live fire. I didn't watch it, so not sure if that's accurate or not, but at face value this all combines to severely limit the credibility of the information.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by NothingIsTrue; 01-29-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Anybody who's been through that won't take it lightly. War isn't something people want, you guys can sit behind your keyboards all day and speculate but you have never experienced the potential of humans for violence in that manner. Nobody in their right mind hopes to start a war. Yes I took offense that's not a subject to be taken lightly war isn't glorious, it's not fun, it's something I'm glad most people never have to see.

Dial it down. You know nothing of my life experiences. Whatever combat or violence you have experienced in your journey, does not give you the right to insult others. "Nobody in their right mind hopes to start a war" is a qualified statement. There are some that hope to start war. And agreed, they are not "in their right mind". Which was the original point.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

It would appear that handgun murders outnumber rifle murders (I assume that includes assault rifles) by roughly a 12 to 1 margin.

On a side note: 30 people in the United States die every day in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. That is slightly more than a Newtown every day. Something to think about.

My source is the
    Last edited by kilofox; 01-29-2013 at 05:43 PM.

It would appear we need people trained in how to drive a car more than the use of a handgun.

It would appear we need people trained in how to drive a car more than the use of a handgun.
    Not on how to drive a car, but to not get behind the wheel when they have had too much to drink.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Not on how to drive a car, but to not get behind the wheel when they have had too much to drink.
    Isn't it illegal to drink and drive?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Darth Spock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Isn't it illegal to drink and drive?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    You can drink then drive as long as you are under the blood alcohol limit. Some states make this pretty much impossible. YMMV

I dont want to go off in a tangent here... the point that I am making is that a Newtown numerical equivalent of deaths happens everyday because of drunk driving. But because the deaths are spread out through out the country it does not grab hold of the country's attention like Newtown did/does. If the 30 deaths that take place everyday happened in one place and in one event, that would be a totally different story I would imagine. But because they are spread out geographically ... its not that big of a deal to the collective nation's mind.
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast