Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    You can drink then drive as long as you are under the blood alcohol limit. Some states make this pretty much impossible. YMMV

I dont want to go off in a tangent here... the point that I am making is that a Newtown numerical equivalent of deaths happens everyday because of drunk driving. But because the deaths are spread out through out the country it does not grab hold of the country's attention like Newtown did/does. If the 30 deaths that take place everyday happened in one place and in one event, that would be a totally different story I would imagine. But because they are spread out geographically ... its not that big of a deal to the collective nation's mind.
    The primary difference is that alcohol is not a weapon used to injure or kill another person. Just as a vehicle is not a weapon by design and intent. Firearms, on the other hand, have a singular purpose.

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    The primary difference is that alcohol is not a weapon used to injure or kill another person. Just as a vehicle is not a weapon by design and intent. Firearms, on the other hand, have a singular purpose.
    But the victims of both are just as dead. I also dont believe the family members can take solace over the loss of loved one from drunk driving vs a firearm.

Firearms are used for hunting and target shooting (skeet and trap). One can argue that archery has a singular purpose as well. It is a lethal weapon. Centuries ago it was the AR-15, M-16, AK-47 of armies, but also used for hunting and target practice.

If we outlawed alcohol, we would prevent a Newtown number of deaths everyday! Would we not? Is the how the person dies more important than fact that they died by someone else's action?

carolina,

The gun issue stands on its own, just as drunk driving does as well.

My point with the drunk driving vs guns, is that one gets way more publicity so to speak than the other. With the "other" having way more needless deaths.

I find it interesting and sad at the same time.
    ConTejas and Darth Spock like this.

snip/ Firearms, on the other hand, have a singular purpose.
    That's a false statement.

Let the teachers volunteer to carry conceal carry. There are some companies that have volunteered to train teacher's & other school personal for free. All the massed shooting have been in gun free zones & if just a few people there had conceal carry the out come would have been very different whether schools or movie theaters.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    That's a false statement.
    Firearms are not designed with the intent to be used as a weapon? Do you view them as adult toys?
    nolittdroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    Let the teachers volunteer to carry conceal carry. There are some companies that have volunteered to train teacher's & other school personal for free. All the massed shooting have been in gun free zones & if just a few people there had conceal carry the out come would have been very different whether schools or movie theaters.

Possibly so.... I bet many against this, were not against armed U.S. Air Marshals riding in their jetliner after 9/11. Its a totally different ballgame when its your own a$$ on the line.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    If we outlawed alcohol, we would prevent a Newtown number of deaths everyday! Would we not? Is the how the person dies more important than fact that they died by someone else's action?
    Intent is the difference. Yes, how a person dies matters .... to police chiefs and families.

What nutcase believes turning public schools into prisons (think of the way their environment would be viewed by adolescent minds) is a progressive step in the right direction. Until handguns are removed from the public market, this stupidity will continue. Want a hunting rifle or shotgun? Fine, as long as it is registered federally, licensed by the State, and secured in a home safe. Handguns and long-barrell weapons are 2 VERY different animals in the post-Founders' world.

Just as you have no right to an atomic cannon, there is no "absolute" right to own lethal weapons which can deliver death from a coward's distance.

The NRA should be defined as a domestic terrorist organization.
    The NRA & Gun Owner's Of America are some of the few that fight for our Constitutional rights of the Second Amendment so we can protect our selfs. Do you think that we don't have the right to protect our families & our selfs.

Jerry

What nutcase believes turning public schools into prisons (think of the way their environment would be viewed by adolescent minds) is a progressive step in the right direction. Until handguns are removed from the public market, this stupidity will continue. Want a hunting rifle or shotgun? Fine, as long as it is registered federally, licensed by the State, and secured in a home safe. Handguns and long-barrell weapons are 2 VERY different animals in the post-Founders' world.

Just as you have no right to an atomic cannon, there is no "absolute" right to own lethal weapons which can deliver death from a coward's distance.

The NRA & Gun Owner's Of America are some of the few that fight for our Constitutional rights of the Second Amendment so we can protect our selfs. Do you think that we don't have the right to protect our families & our selfs.

nolittdroid likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Asked and answered.

Asked and answered.
    That's it??? Dude, I broke out my popcorn eating animated gif for you!!!

All the massed shooting have been in gun free zones & if just a few people there had conceal carry the out come would have been very different whether schools or movie theaters.
    I disagree with this on the point of the fact that who's to say any one of these gun concealed carrying teachers could one day be the exact person who harms your children? Sure this is completely possible in any scenario but I just fear with the constant amount of reported school teachers being caught for molesting and other sickening acts with children then take a chance on providing them with a gun too... That really scares me..

I just believe there has to be better alternatives to protecting our children in school than putting a gun in any educators hand as a solution.

Yes I'm the parent of 5 children, 4 of which are in school grades 3rd-7th.

My opinions are completely my own on this and not related to Android Central or my position here as a moderator but as a PARENT for this I have removed my signature for this post.
    nolittdroid and Darth Spock like this.

The Second Amendment is for us to Protect our families & our selfs from harm plus from a out of control government. Our founder's new what we needed to protect our selfs from other people or from government. The founders new what a out of control government would to to people. The Constitution is just important today as it was 200 plus years ago. Guns will help the American people from being like the people Cuba or Venezuela wherw all you have is what the government will let you have. There are now reports of people in Korea eating there children because they have no food.

Jerry

I hate to be the odds man.... but the odds are way higher that a/your child dies in a car wreck than dying in a mass school shooting.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

So sad and disrespectful.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    nolittdroid likes this.

The ONLY way I would give up my guns and be in favor of a gun ban is if the ban was total. Meaning no guns for me, no guns for criminals (haha like that'll ever happen), and no guns for law enforcement or military. TOTAL gun ban.
    But we know that'll never happen. The playing field could never be evened out. Until that happens, which it never will, I'm keeping my guns AND buying more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Capthowdyy View Post
    The ONLY way I would give up my guns and be in favor of a gun ban is if the ban was total. Meaning no guns for me, no guns for criminals (haha like that'll ever happen), and no guns for law enforcement or military. TOTAL gun ban.
    But we know that'll never happen. The playing field could never be evened out. Until that happens, which it never will, I'm keeping my guns AND buying more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    No one has been asked to give up any guns..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post

You obviously don't listen to Alex Jones.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

And they won't be asking. .......they'll be telling, demanding.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Since when did that matter to the irrational?
    nolittdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Truth matters; talking points do not. Talking points insult the intelligence of the speaker and the audience by reducing the perception of the attention of both to a sound byte.

When and if this passes many people are going to sell theirs, report it stolen or lost and buy an unregistered weapon. Then they will have more missing guns to worry about therefore making the problem worse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Schools should be gun and violence free. What kind of message does it send to kids and their parents when their teachers are carrying in 3rd grade.

The shooting in Aurora used diversionary smoke grenades... Its easy to say now he could have been stopped but we need a trick to PREVENT stuff like this from happening.

Fighting gun violence with more guns is like fighting teenage birth rates with abstinence only sex-ed. It doesn't work.

All I tell from this discussion so far is that many of you seem to think at any given time some kind of gangsta is going to burgle your house with 8 of his buddies. More guns is not the answer, education and mental illness need to be addressed.

via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    Sent from my S3
    Darth Spock likes this.
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast