Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    Wrong. Weapons are designed to kill and p****es were designed to procreate. Man is born with a ******, man buys a gun. Guns require assembly and knowledge.

via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    If a mans "organ" was truly used in the way in which you stated it was designed for which is to procreate there would be no need for abortions.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    If a mans "organ" was truly used in the way in which you stated it was designed for which is to procreate there would be no need for abortions.
    It's a good thing there are other methods to prevent it! But I assume...that is the basic function of the organ...I don't have one lol
    Sent from my S3

It's a good thing there are other methods to prevent it! But I assume...that is the basic function of the organ...I don't have one lol

Unless your 7-8 and really enjoy writing your name in the snow
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    nolittdroid and unglued94ta like this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Rexxman"Can YOU name a citizen that, using a firearm, stopped a mass murder during commission of the crime? I am sure it has probably happened, and if so, it would be a HUGE news story."

Here is a video of the news report.

There was also an argument at a restaurant in Texas between a man and his girlfriend, or ex-girlfriend that spilled over to a theater parking lot where the Hobbitt was holding it's midnight premiere. Although this shooter was stopped by an off duty deputy sheriff who was exercising her right to carry while off duty.

Actually it was played down in the MSM. I suspect that they do not want the general public to see the advantage to carrying a weapon.
    Thanks for responding Live2ride.

Neither incident qualifies to answer that question.

The Oregon incident is incorrectly titled. Nick Melli might have acted heroically, but he stopped nothing. He did not even squeeze the trigger after drawing his weapon. His reason for not shooting was sound.

The Texas incident was not an attempt at mass murder. Yes, a firearm was used and discharged, a victim was wounded and thank God there was an armed off-duty police officer to bring it to a safe conclusion.

I think you are wrong in your suspicion of what they want the general public to see.

Is MSM a typo? Google pointed me to a chemical substance, or, "Men having sex with men". I don't think you meant either.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

In a way it does answer the question about stopping the shooter.

"After the gunman saw Nick he stopped shooting at innocent people and turned the gun on himself." Had Nick not been there do you think he would have stopped or kept on shooting. I believe at heart these criminals are all cowards and almost every one of them have proven it by taking their own lives before they could be captured.

MSM is Main Stream Media.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-31-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Originally Posted by nolittdroid

Guns are made to be defensive or sporting weapons, when a person uses something in a way other than it's intended use. That person becomes responsible for that action.

Darth Spock likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Guns are made to be defensive or sporting weapons, when a person uses something in a way other than it's intended use. That person becomes responsible for that action.
    If intent is, indeed, 9/10 of the law, you will quickly discourage any further comparison between firearms and hammers. Think it through to its logical conclusion.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by unglued94ta View Post
    ^this :thumbup:

I own guns, I play black ops, and listen to heavy/death metal. None of this means I'm going to go kill anyone.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forumsay
    Amen. I own guns. In the early 80's I listened to Ozzy and Maiden (still do) and played dungeons and dragons, and believe it or not I have still not became a mass murdering satanist.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

In a way it does answer the question about stopping the shooter.

"After the gunman saw Nick he stopped shooting at innocent people and turned the gun on himself." Had Nick not been there do you think he would have stopped or kept on shooting. I believe at heart these criminals are all cowards and almost every one of them have proven it by taking their own lives before they could be captured.

MSM is Main Stream Media.
    What you placed in quotes did not happen. Even Nick is unsure.

I do not know what the perp had in his mind. But the shooting had stopped before Nick pulled his weapon. Nick subsequently hid in a store.

Agreed, these shooters are cowards.

Thanks for using "almost all" and defining MSM.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    There are not 330 million gun owners in the USA.
    Correct. Those of legal age who own a firearm total approximately 65-66M.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Apologies, i misread the article.
    I read 303000000 guns in us (govt and citizens from a site), not gun owners.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Indians are from India, I think you mean native Americans. Then founding father's were kind of awful.

via AOKP-enhanced-S3
    A play on words doesn't mean anything. I'm not German American.

Please explain why they were awful.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Apologies, i misread the article.
    I read 303000000 guns in us (govt and citizens from a site), not gun owners.
    This indicates that approximately 26% of the US adult population are firearms owners.

So the Department of Homeland Security recommends shears against a shooter?

Post edited to reflect smiley suggested by Rexxman
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-31-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

So the Department of Homeland Security recommends shears against a shooter?

Live2ride, I believe you are an honest gentleman but you are playing the same game here that the NY Post played; sensationalism.

Few would be tempted to read this article if it had a more honest headline.

I'm hoping you posted this in humor. If so, consider using a smiley emoticon.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Wrong. Weapons are designed to kill and p****es were designed to procreate. Man is born with a ******, man buys a gun. Guns require assembly and knowledge.
    What do you expect of Neanderthals who have stood in the way of the VAWA being re-authorized?

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

What do you expect of Neanderthals who have stood in the way of the VAWA being re-authorized?
    Neanderthals huh. So anybody who has a differing opinion lacks a similar level of intelligence. That's pretty bold from someone who pretends to know it all and thinks he could solve the worlds problems. Oh please great leader run for presidency and take this country by the horns, you know because you're so smart and all.:rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Neanderthals huh. So anybody who has a differing opinion lacks a similar level of intelligence. That's pretty bold from someone who pretends to know it all and thinks he could solve the worlds problems. Oh please great leader run for presidency and take this country by the horns, you know because you're so smart and all.:rolleyes:
    If you've been one of the Neanderthals disallowing VAWA from coming up for a vote, I make no apologies. I have my suspicions that is not the case, however. Otherwise, I have no idea how you could take my statement personally.

Some of you may need to review this first before continuing to post...

Please read before posting

Thanks.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Some of you may need to review this first before continuing to post...

Please read before posting

Thanks.
    My bad his post was just too condescending.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Synycalwon likes this.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Actually enforce states to send all records of any known mental health patients to be registered with the system. So when they go to buy a gun their name actually pops up and their not allowed to purchase them, instead of the broken system we have now. The only state that has a good mental health recording system ironically is Texas.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Yes but of those numbers you have some of them that are fanatics and feel the need to have 100+ guns for themselves. Some of them probably treat them better than their own children.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Yes but of those numbers you have some of them that are fanatics and feel the need to have 100+ guns for themselves. Some of them probably treat them better than their own children.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Throughout my life I have owned in excess of 400 different types of pistols, rifles, and shotguns. One of my first shotguns was a Winchester 1890 solid frame first model which has been in my family since it was new and it was "given" to me by my grandfather when I was 9-10 with the understanding that my dad would keep it for me until I was 16. My current prize pistol is an 1851 Colt Navy Revolver, I would never fire such a weapon and honestly I haven't even held it in my hands since I brought it home over 15 years ago. I think of it as a piece of American Heritage. I can only imagine the history of this weapon. I do know they were among the favorite handguns owned by civil war officers in both the north and south.

( I want to clarify that by "in my hands" I am referring to holding it without gloves on. The pistol has been regularly cleaned.)

While the number of firearms I currently own really isn't important, what I decide to own and purchase as far as weapons go isn't up for someone else to determine weather or not I am a fanatic.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-31-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Thanked by:
    The Hustleman and winmod21 like this.

I just hope no more evil guns jump of off a table or out of a drawer and shoot somebody.

Let us have your (so called) assault rifles. Then when Johnny wacko kills someone with a pistol we will need those too. Shotguns nope, sorry, they also like to hide behind trees then jump out and shoot somebody.

Let's trust the government that this gun grab is for our own good, our government has nothing but honest intentions for it's citizens they would never test syphilis on poor African Americans. They only want to protect us. The more dependant on the government the more docile the brainwashed sheep become.

We should willingly trust the government and turn over our guns, nothing bad will happen. We can turn them in then we can All bury our hearts at wounded knee.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Thanked by:
    winmod21 likes this.

I am not certain what this means for her Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 but I cannot deny that I am glad to see that more level heads won out.

winmod21 likes this.
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 ... LastLast