Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    I don't think so. NY has a massive illegal gun, prescription pill abuse, high-tax problem. It was a matter of time until they tried to push legislation through. I'm fine with it because I don't see the need for everyone to own high powered weapons. We have shotguns, 1 ar (NOT an ar-15) and a few hand guns. They need to worry about handguns, in my opinoin.
    The problem is, they're not really going after high powered guns, just ones that look scary.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

I haven't seen it posted. I've also waited, but here goes. FYI, Connecticut has had an assault weapons ban in place for years.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    The problem is, they're not really going after high powered guns, just ones that look scary.
    Red herring. It would not matter to you what class of firearm was under scrutiny. Care to prove otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    When a manufacturer determines, for its own reasons, to end production of a firearm, are they infringing your rights? Yes or No.
    No but when the federal government bans scary AR15's and shuts down 25 companies who solely produce that gun, then yes absolutely. Because it's a band aid solution to a sucking chest wound.
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    I haven't seen it posted. I've also waited, but here goes. FYI, Connecticut has had an assault weapons ban in place for years.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Hmmm and that didn't work.
    Last edited by Markster1; 02-06-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    Thanked by:

A parent of a student at sandy hook elementary school testifies before congress.

I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

No but when the federal government bans scary AR15's and shuts down 25 companies who solely produce that gun, then yes absolutely. Because it's a band aid solution to a sucking chest wound.
    Then the federal government is infringing your civilian rights when it regulates that military firearms are only produced, and distributed, to the military?
    nolittdroid likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    A parent of a student at sandy hook elementary school testifies before congress.

/SNIP/
    Thanks, but you've already made perfectly clear that you support the simpleton's approach to the 2nd Amendment.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Then the federal government is infringing your civilian rights when it regulates that military firearms are only produced, and distributed, to the military?
    Lol at military firearm. Do those purchased on the civilian side have 3 round burst... no, then you lack a military weapon just a fancy looking rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Lol at military firearm. Do those purchased on the civilian side have 3 round burst... no, then you lack a military weapon just a fancy looking rifle.
    Is it possible to have missed the point any more?

A few posts were removed to stop the bickering.

We have been very relaxed with the debating and conversation in these political threads. However when things start to get heated and directed personally at one another and flexing your ego's then its time to take a step back and cool off.

Again we have a sticky thread in the main politics forums and I recommend everyone reads and understands there is limits to what you THINK you can say. I know many of you believe you have freedom of speech but you checked that at the door when you agreed to our TOS when you signed up for an account at Android Central.
    Please read before posting

Have fun everyone but lets not make it personal, we have enough personal insults and threats happening in our real daily lives and don't need to bring it into our friendly forums here at AC.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 02-06-2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Added a link
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by 3:
    Darth Spock likes this.

I don't know about schools specificity but i think all guns should be banned unless your a police officer. There's honestly no need for guns maybe for protection but that's all I can see. If you hunt go find another hobby or go pay call of duty

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

So you'd rather limit a persons free choice even if he is an upstanding citizen?
    According to the UN freedom of choice does not extend to deadly weapons. Only in America would people be crying about their rights being infringed upon because they won't have the same access to weapons as the government. How ridiculous. In this day and age everyone has something that they are passionate about politically but the gun control debate is the more ridiculous. I am finished with thread.

If you're going to the pull the "freedom of choice" card, you'd better be pro-choice and pro-gay rights as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So you'd rather limit a persons free choice even if he is an upstanding citizen?
    According to the UN freedom of choice does not extend to deadly weapons. Only in America would people be crying about their rights being infringed upon because they won't have the same access to weapons as the government. How ridiculous. In this day and age everyone has something that they are passionate about politically but the gun control debate is the more ridiculous. I am finished with thread.

If you're going to the pull the "freedom of choice" card, you'd better be pro-choice and pro-gay rights as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Sent from my S3

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I am pro choice, pro gay rights, and for protecting a citizens right to bear arms.

Just like you're pro smoking an illegal substance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSterBoy View Post
    I don't know about schools specificity but i think all guns should be banned unless your a police officer. There's honestly no need for guns maybe for protection but that's all I can see. If you hunt go find another hobby or go pay call of duty

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    And then we live in a police state, no thanks.

Also the supreme court has ruled that the police do not have to protect individual citizens.

Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-07-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Ahh, but there's the rub, ar15's are not sold to the military, the fully automatic m16 is, and most of these companies don't have government contacts.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

We don't live under the UN!
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 and Darth Spock like this.

Global Posts
    5,748 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Agree. The assault weapon ban, as I stated earlier, is solely about making people who don't know anything about arms feel safer. This is a symbolic gesture. I totally disagree that this is a method of furthering a "gun grabbing" cause. Magazine capacity limits are an interesting argument to have, but banning any particular civilian weapon is silly, especially when it's rifles (statistically not used in crimes anywhere near as much as other weapons). If there were to be any ban on civilian weapons, that discussion should center around pistols. I would be opposed to such a ban, but based on the numbers (homicides, suicides, accidental shootings) and the conceal-ability (you'd notice a kid with an AR15 in their lunch box), I would say there is a values argument to be had. With assault weapons, that argument is entirely fantasy.

If we want to be real, in the current political reality, we can be pretty sure that no ban of any type will happen at a federal level. The only step forward will be to strengthen background checks by enforcing information sharing as required by existing laws and to eliminate loop holes. Both of these are wildly popular, even among NRA members. (last numbers I saw were 88% of the country, 86% of republicans and 82% of NRA members). Does it make a hassle for law abiding citizens to trade and sell guns? Absolutely and that sucks, but it doesn't restrict or infringe upon their rights in any way and it does stop the legal selling of weapons to people who are not legally allowed to purchase them. Now, those sales may continue, but now we're talking about criminals with guns, and the rights of those criminals are very different than those of people who obey the law.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Ahh, but there's the rub, ar15's are not sold to the military, the fully automatic m16 is, and most of these companies don't have government contacts.
    Answer the question which was asked?

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    /hyperbolic misinformation/
    Against multiple assailants, a shotgun would have been a more effective defensive weapon.

And why do you insist on repeating the lie that anyone is making A-N-Y attempt to prevent you from defending your home and/or family with an effective firearm?

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Against multiple assailants, a shotgun would have been a more effective defensive weapon.

And why do you insist on repeating the lie that anyone is making A-N-Y attempt to prevent you from defending your home and/or family with an effective firearm?
    Why do you honestly care what anyone owns? Because the political party you agree with tells you to?
    Connecticut had an assault weapons ban since the early 90's I believe.
    Columbine happened during the first ban. Joe Biden has admitted it won't work.

Why do you try to come across like Bill Maher? I refuse to watch him anymore because of his attitude and snobbishness. FYI, pushing people down to lift yourself up doesn't really work.

Believe it or not, I respect your views, but you should return the favor when someone offers an opposing view. I don't want to see anyone silenced. But please, don't think yourself above anyone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You really don't know anything about guns by that statement.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Why do you honestly care what anyone owns?
    Yes. Because when a neighbor owns a weapon which can destroy the lives of 30 people in less than 15 seconds (Bushmaster AR-15, for example), his/her bullets don't respect property lines ... and it becomes my business. My children have the right to live without threat as well.

Because the political party you agree with tells you to?
    If you would review posts, it would become painfully obvious that there is no particular political backing for a political party here. Being both pragmatic, reasonable, and secure doesn't have a home in any particular party. Can that be laid aside as a settled matter now?

Believe it or not, I respect your views, but you should return the favor when someone offers an opposing view. I don't want to see anyone silenced. But please, don't think yourself above anyone.
    I don't. Blunting falsehoods is due to their existence and those who make them. When those falsehoods are only repeated, ad nauseum, even those in agreement with them should ask them to refrain because it only undermines that side's integrity.

Now then ... Instead of making this something personal, why can't someone intelligently address the central subject of my post?

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

I don't. Blunting falsehoods is due to their existence and those who make them. When those falsehoods are only repeated, ad nauseum, even those in agreement with them should ask them to refrain because it only undermines that side's integrity.

Now then ... Instead of making this something personal, why can't someone intelligently address the central subject of my post?
    How about some people feel as strongly about their views as you do of yours. People don't get gunned down with an ar 15 as much as you want to believe. It is a proven statistic. You have more of a chance as someone breaking in your house with a hammer or bat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Connecticut had an assault weapons ban since the early 90's I believe. Columbine happened during the first ban. Joe Biden has admitted it won't work.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Care to comment about this?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627 ... LastLast