Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    I'm getting there.....

It would be a lot easier if the government wasn't buying up all the ammunition. I got a call from a buddy that runs the sporting goods counter at walmart around 3:00 am and all they got in was 15 boxes of .223, so guess where I went.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Since it appears that this dysfunctional thread has now turned into a personal journal, there are some gross mischaracterizations which beg to be corrected.

Patriot, as used by some, has been worded in such a way as to demonstrate that if one were truly patriotic, you would stand against policies/actions of this President, in direct disregard for standing law and civility. I categorically refute that this, in any way, defines patriotism.

Having grown up with a father who was a career Marine, serving multiple tours in the south Pacific, Korea, and Vietnam, and a father who had the capacity to comprehend the difference between the patriotism of wrapping oneself in the flag and honorably serving a call to duty, I learned at a very young age, many years ago, what being an American looked like.

• Patriotism takes solemn pride in its quiet reverence.
    • Patriotism knows that our imperfect system of checks and balances works.
    • Patriotism knows that, for this great nation, the sun will always rise tomorrow.
    • Patriotism is wise enough not to call attention to itself.

Before the first bombs fell in Iraq on the night of March 19, 2003, my dad recognized the drumbeat for war by an out-of-control administration. He did everything in his power, at home and in DC, to educate groups as to how unwise, costly, and genuinely foolish it would be to engage in war against Iraq. The can of worms unleashed around the globe would never be worth the cost in American lives. He was among those who were demonized by that administration, and their rank and file lackies, as unAmerican ... traitors ... and much, much worse. Quite unfortunate at the time, sensible Republicans sat on their hands and gave quiet support to that administration and their misuse of baseless intelligence (all of which was based upon a single Iraqi dissident who was ultimately found to have created a web of myths about Iraq's WMD), while simultaneously allowing sensible Democrats to lead the charge against the policies and actions which carried us to war. A great political maneuver ... in a time of war. It was at this time that I began to clearly realize that even when American lives literally hung in the balance, there were those who did not care enough to be wise and leave politics dormant. Their truly depraved indifference to this great nation's highest ideals and standards, when the blood of our armed forces spilt, was nothing short of maniacal.

The costs of unprecedented tax-cutting during war, coupled with funding 2 hot wars on a Chinese credit card (in addition to all other international efforts to insure terrorism did not land on our shores) was an easy political task for an 8-year administration. When directly asked, what did that administration say citizens should do? "Go shopping!" At no time were the American people asked to dig deep and sacrifice for the cause of war. As such, that administration was keenly aware that the bill for their deficits would not show up in the form of staggering unemployment or necessary bailouts to continue an operational government and society on their watch. Think every man, woman, and child are not still paying for Reagan's deficit spending? Think again. The rest of the world has taught many of us that austerity measures are more taxing and caustic on a society's economy than deliberately, carefully stepping on the gas, in calculated ways, to eventually pull this nation out of the grave it found itself in 2007-2008 and which lingers today. If this were a Republican or Libertarian President today, making the same wise, pragmatic decisions to recover our economic footing again -measures which have been employed in the past proportional to the economic needs of the times - I would applaud their efforts as well. We once had conservative leadership who had the dignity to be honest about the long-term pain required to pay for our economic mistakes. The current party in which most conservatives, and those who provide quiet support for them, find themselves are derelict of duty to our nation.

I claim no unique ownership to the term patriot or patriotism, yet when used improperly and for self-interest, its misuse defines itself as foolish as perfectly exemplified in many thread titles in this forum. Is it patriotic to bring unsubstantiated, unsustainable charges against this President? Is it patriotic to bring low-brow, unsustainable smear campaigns against this President? Is it honorable to cling to being part of the problem rather than (metaphorically) picking up a hammer and sweating to build a better future for even those with whom you disagree?

The time has come to rise above partisan pettiness and build a bridge. If not now, under our current set of national circumstances, when? It is a choice ... And the choice is yours.

I think you'll find that patriot can mean to defend against a harmful government.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?-uploadfromtaptalk1360353226451.jpg  
    Thanked by:

A patriot loves and fights for their country and the principles it stands for.

It has nothing to do with loving a government that is destroying your country.

Live2ride883 and Darth Spock like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    I think you'll find that patriot can mean to defend against a harmful government.
    US history is replete with this type of false patriotism.

“Politically speaking, tribal nationalism [patriotism] always insists that its own people are surrounded by ‘a world of enemies’ - ‘one against all’ - and that a fundamental difference exists between this people and all others. It claims its people to be unique, individual, incompatible with all others, and denies theoretically the very possibility of a common mankind long before it is used to destroy the humanity of man.” - Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, p.227

“This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism on command, senseless violence and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism.” - Albert Einstein

"Sic Semper Tyrannis" ("Thus Be To Tyrants") - John Wilkes Booth immediately after pulling the trigger, assassinating Abraham Lincoln.

I never said anything about patriotism. I gave you the three definitions of a patriot. Patriotism coincides with the first definition of a patriot.

Patriotism as opposed to patriot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?-uploadfromtaptalk1360369670339.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I never said anything about patriotism. I gave you the three definitions of a patriot. Patriotism coincides with the first definition of a patriot.
    When the gravity of a subject becomes this weighted, that's really what you come up with? How incredibly irresponsible.

You call a spade a spade, so I call you out. You don't know anything about guns and you didn't know the definition of patriot.

Now you're enlightened on what a Patriot is, you're still clueless about guns.

An American by choice, not by birth in this video actually gets it better than some others...

Carolinadroid posted the following: "Sic Semper Tyrannis" ("Thus Be To Tyrants") - John Wilkes Booth immediately after pulling the trigger, assassinating Abraham Lincoln."

According to the reason John Wilkes Booth assassinated Lincoln is partly because of this

"On the evening of April 11, the president stood on the White House balcony and delivered a speech to a small group gathered on the lawn. Two days earlier, Robert E. Lee had surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia at Appomattox Court House, and after four long years of struggle it had become clear that the Union cause would emerge from the war victorious. Lincoln’s speech that evening outlined some of his ideas about reconstructing the nation and bringing the defeated Confederate states back into the Union. Lincoln also indicated a wish to extend the franchise to some African-Americans—at the very least, those who had fought in the Union ranks during the war—and expressed a desire that the southern states would extend the vote to literate blacks, as well. Booth stood in the audience for the speech, and this notion seems to have amplified his rage at Lincoln. “That means citizenship,” he told Lewis Powell, one of his band of conspirators. “Now, by God, I’ll put him through. That is the last speech he will ever make.”

Maybe I am missing the point, or I really just don't get it but how does quoting JWB advance your case?

In the line "that means citizenship" the A/C filter rightfully removed a racist term I have no issue at all with it being removed, the term is hateful to all men. The only reason that I am pointing this out is that it allows us to understand the basis for JWB's hatred and reasons for wanting Lincoln dead.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-08-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Nice info live2ride.

I took Carolinas JWB quote as an example of false patriotism.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

You call a spade a spade, so I call you out. You don't know anything about guns and you didn't know the definition of patriot.

Now you're enlightened on what a Patriot is, you're still clueless about guns.
    Markster1's post does raise a valid question, exactly what is your experience level with guns, specifically the AR-15 that has been so hotly contested both here and in public debates?

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Nice info live2ride.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    Is he stating Lincoln was a tyrant, or was JWB a patriot false or otherwise?

Personally I think he (JWB) was a small minded, angry and hateful person. That could not abide by the slaves being freed and possibly gaining citizenship.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-08-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Nice info live2ride.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    live2ride is <6-degrees of separation from John Wilkes Booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    When someone in the executive branch of government says he has the right to kill you without any due process that is tyranny
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    I salute the supremes support for protecting the constitution against a tyrannical president.
    The above post both 'Thanked' and 'Liked' by live2ride, clearly in agreement.

If we come to a second American revolution not only will I fight and defend the side in which I believe to be right, but I will also recruit others that think the same way I do.

Actually I didn't like or thank the post "When someone in the executive branch of government says he has the right to kill you without any due process that is tyranny" I made that post, and it was in reference to the white paper that was leaked concerning the government having the ability to kill citizens without due process which is a violation of the 14th amendment.

As for "If we come to a second American revolution not only will I fight and defend the side in which I believe to be right, but I will also recruit others that think the same way I do." Yep I said it, and I will specifically support and defend the constitution of the United States. I will also surround myself with others that will support and defend the constitution.

This: "Originally Posted by Bratigan
    I salute the supremes support for protecting the constitution against a tyrannical president." Isn't that what the supreme court is supposed to do, isn't it their duty to also protect and defend the constitution. I don't expect them to take up arms but there are multiple ways to defend and protect the constitution.

Carolina, you are gonna have to explain how I am six degrees of separation from JWB especially since he died on April 26, 1865. I have never proposed or endorsed any action be taken that would lead to anything even remotely related to the actions of JWB.

Threatening the life of the president, even in jest, or a joking manner is a federal crime.

Although according to the family history that my dad was working on before he passed away, we are distantly related to William H. Seward who was Lincolns Secretary of State.

nolittdroid likes this.

Gentleman, can we please agree to disagree? You both are making excellent points but got carried away from the original meaning of the post :thumbdown:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Nice info live2ride.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    live2ride is <6-degrees of separation from John Wilkes Booth.

When someone in the executive branch of government says he has the right to kill you without any due process that is tyranny
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    I salute the supremes support for protecting the constitution against a tyrannical president.
    The above post both 'Thanked' and 'Liked' by live2ride, clearly in agreement.

If we come to a second American revolution not only will I fight and defend the side in which I believe to be right, but I will also recruit others that think the same way I do.
    Who decides what is "constitutional" in your fantasy revolution? You and your vigilante militia?

One man's emancipation is another man's "tyranny". Your seething threats against your government are duly noted - and taken seriously.

Markster1's post does raise a valid question, exactly what is your experience level with guns, specifically the AR-15 that has been so hotly contested both here and in public debates?
    Whatever little knowledge he has, he's learned it from this thread.

Seems like you're having problems knowing what the word "tyranny" really means since you seem to be a government "SHEEPLE" and believe what they feed you.
    Live2ride883 and metz65 like this.

Tyranny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?-uploadfromtaptalk1360412933025.jpg  

Seems like New York's governor and Obama may fall into the first definition of the word over gun bans lately.
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031 ... LastLast