Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

I think Carolinedroid doesn't know what the Constitution stands for as well as its amendments and "Bill of Rights"

The BoR are certain inalienable rights that will not be denied, as prescribed by our founding fathers, yet here we are with certain elements within and without our government striving to do just that.

Patriotism means support of your nation NOT the blind dog people who run it at any given time.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Patriotism means support of your nation NOT the blind dog people who run it at any given time.
    Are you among L2R's vigilante militia against the government? Yes or No.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Are you among L2R's vigilante militia against the government? Yes or No.
    Are you a communist? Yes or No

Offensive isn't it? Quit trying to compile people into categories and onto lists.

We (I hope I'm not reaching by including you) all want the same thing, that is to keep the wackos from obtaining any weapons that may harm us without losing individual freedoms for ourselves in the process.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Are you a communist? Yes or No

Offensive isn't it? Quit trying to compile people into categories and onto lists.
    "Offensive"? Not in the least.

Your buddy has very clearly made it his business in defining himself..

We (I hope I'm not reaching by including you) all want the same thing, that is to keep the wackos from obtaining any weapons that may harm us without losing individual freedoms for ourselves in the process.
    Given the foaming-at-the-mouth agenda to promote firearms as the equivalent of puppies and rainbows, at the expense of common intelligence, respect, and civility, the absolutist Live2Ride argument to which you subscribe does not account for any less carnage.

Given the foaming-at-the-mouth agenda to promote firearms as the equivalent of puppies and rainbows, at the expense of common intelligence, respect, and civility, the absolutist Live2Ride argument to which you subscribe does not account for any less carnage.
    You're definitely taking a creative license and lumping everyone in the same category.

No one has foamed at the mouth indicating rabies.

No one has talked about puppies and rainbows except you.

Common intelligence would criminalize the user of a weapon not the weapon used.

I have seen live2ride give you respect which you in turn do not return and are not civil in your arrogance.

Lastly, there is no subscribe button in which I have pushed to follow live2ride. Just because I'm on his side of the fence does it mean I do as he does.

The thing that I think you fail to grasp and it's apparant to me that you never will is that carnage will always happen. Weapons of choice will change, it will always be what is convenient but if we keep criminalizing the tool used and not the person, then one day you'll wake up and find nothing to defend yourself with. Unless of course you think you can talk your way out of it.
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Is he stating Lincoln was a tyrant, or was JWB a patriot false or otherwise?

Personally I think he (JWB) was a small minded, angry and hateful person. That could not abide by the slaves being freed and possibly gaining citizenship.
    Was I not clear in my post? I interpreted the original statement as JWB was a false patriot.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Stop the offensive questioning, personal attacks, and insults of the thread will be closed and people will get some vacations from the forums for a few days.

We've let threads in this section stride the line for far too long. It stops now. Consider this the one and only final warning.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Seems like you're having problems knowing what the word "tyranny" really means since you seem to be a government "SHEEPLE" and believe what they feed you.
    Two "seems" and one SHEEPLE. Fail.

(I understand the criticism. No opinion as to accuracy)

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by rexxman View Post
    Was I not clear in my post? I interpreted the original statement as JWB was a false patriot.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

I intended to my post to be directed towards CD looking for clarification.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

I intended to my post to be directed towards CD looking for clarification.
    Sorry. My bad.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Sorry. My bad.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    I have to accept responsibility as well, I should have been clearer..
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Two "seems" and one SHEEPLE. Fail.

(I understand the criticism. No opinion as to accuracy)

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3
    I must claim responsibility too, I have failed haha, for not being politically correct.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

I must claim responsibility too, I have failed haha, for not being politically correct.
    Good for you!

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

9 things everyone should know about the second amendment.

I think that a good response would be to place armed guards and or properly trained and vetted people at the schools for their
    protection. The same course of action being contemplated at the Newtown school. I think a good point was made when someone
    said that we place more importance on guarding our money than we do our children. Should we not want the same for our children?

Clearly there could be other security measures taken to enhance the safety within the schools but only by qualified security professionals
    as I think teachers are simply not qualified to come up with a reasonable plan, leave it to the pros.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Assigning an armed officer to every single cell block wing of every school is the only way fighting firearms with firearms could possibly serve as a deterrent. Please post back what your local authorities have to say when you tell them you want your property taxes increased to pay for this, too.

2 uniformed police were on sight at Columbine. Result? 15 dead. Another 23 injured.

Other equally effective measures might include 10-foot fences topped with razorwire and daily body searches.

This describes perfectly the learning environment in which I want my child to be indoctrinated educated.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Please read THIS POST again as it's been updated.

Thanks
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Assigning an armed officer to every single cell block wing of every school is the only way fighting firearms with firearms could possibly serve as a deterrent. Please post back what your local authorities have to say when you tell them you want your property taxes increased to pay for this, too.

2 uniformed police were on sight at Columbine. Result? 15 dead. Another 23 injured.

Other equally effective measures might include 10-foot fences topped with razorwire and daily body searches.

This describes perfectly the learning environment in which I want my child to be indoctrinated educated.
    Columbine also happened during the first assault weapons ban. And ct has had an assault weapons ban.

Not one statistic I've seen points to no more mass shootings if assault weapons are indeed banned. The stats I've read prove quite the contrary....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Columbine also happened during the first assault weapons ban. And ct has had an assault weapons ban.

Not one statistic I've seen points to no more mass shootings if assault weapons are indeed banned. The stats I've read prove quite the contrary....
    What part of reasonably reducing the likelihood escapes you? No one, at any time, has made the claim that any ban precludes every possible abuse of firearms. Binary logic truly has no place in this discussion.

How many statistically reduced killings makes it worth the removal of certain high-capacity firearms/magazines, leaving Americans to defend themselves with every other firearm on the market? What's the magic number?

If no reduced mortality number can be considered, then this has dissolved into a nation of reason versus absolutism and there can be no reasonable discussion.

What part of reasonably reducing the likelihood escapes you? No one, at any time, has made the claim that any ban precludes every possible abuse of firearms. Binary logic truly has no place in this discussion.

How many statistically reduced killings makes it worth the removal of certain high-capacity firearms/magazines, leaving Americans to defend themselves with every other firearm on the market? What's the magic number?

If no reduced mortality number can be considered, then this has dissolved into a nation of reason versus absolutism and there can be no reasonable discussion.
    "Reasonably reducing the likelihood" as you put it is simply not good enough, you cannot take something away from everyone because some people will abuse it.

That's like saying we have to remove all the vehicles off the roads to prevent a few accidents, taking away your car doesn't restrict your right to travel just the speed in which you are going to get there. The same could be said about airplanes to prevent terrorists from crashing them into buildings.

I have stated many times here that gun deaths happen in one of two ways, either an accident or as a direct result of the commission of a crime. Seriously if a woman kills her rapists during the attack I wanna give her a medal, if a store owner kills someone who is robbing him then he should be held as a community hero. If a mother while protecting her children during a break in at their family home kills the criminal I think she deserves a parade.

Some people want to take away the tool used, others want to remove the criminal that uses the gun. Make the threat of punishment so bad that it holds the criminal in check. Prison should be hard labor, not cable TV, weight rooms and exercise yards, and free medical care which is paid for by my taxes. A criminal has shown by his or her actions that they cannot exist in a reasonable society. Bring back chain gangs, hold the criminal responsible for his actions.
    Capital crimes like rape, homicide deserve no less than capital punishment.

Have you ever stopped to wonder why so many violent criminals end up back on the street to commit even more violent crimes?

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

"Reasonably reducing the likelihood" as you put it is simply not good enough
    You've therefore said all that is necessary on this subject as this is the only point which you've made which directly addresses the issue of this thread.

While we're about the business of doing absolutely nothing, we should strike down all background checks as well. They only prevented 1.7 MILLION US firearm transactions between 2008-2011 ... mostly due to criminal convictions. We can't have a system that isn't 100% perfect.

You've therefore said all that is necessary on this subject as this is the only point which you've made which directly addresses the issue of this thread.

While we're about the business of doing absolutely nothing, we should strike down all background checks as well. They only prevented 1.7 MILLION US firearm transactions between 2008-2011 ... mostly due to criminal convictions. We can't have a system that isn't 100% perfect.
    I never said we should get ride of background checks, I never said we should be in the business of doing "absolutely nothing?.

Yet I have to wonder why that simple line is the only thing you choose to refute in the post...?

EXISTING background checks in the state of CT prevented Adam Lanza from purchasing his own ar-15 at a gun store i another town.

We cannot have a perfect system, and sometimes something small is going to get thru, or a criminal is going to find a way around that law and things are going to happen, But that is no reason to take away the right of law abiding citizens.

What I advocate is holding the CRIMINAL responsible for his actions.

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I never said we should get ride of background checks, I never said we should be in the business of doing "absolutely nothing?.
    Nearly 30 pages of your involvement in this thread has made it perfectly clear.

Yet I have to wonder why that simple line is the only thing you choose to refute in the post...?
    Maybe that's because the same nearly 30 pages of your involvement in this thread have also thoroughly and repeatedly addressed, and when necessary, debunked, your other simple lines.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

What part of crime will go up and all you do is punish responsible owners escapes you?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.