Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

An interesting pic I found on FB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?-424355_419382511477319_1660167629_n.jpg  
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by:
    Synycalwon, Markster1 and ConTejas like this.

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Like what question? What Army did I served in? Obviously I was in the North Korean Army & the Peoples Army of China.. Can't you tell that by my name?
    Honestly your username here has no meaning to me. It could be PA for the state of Pennsylvania, and your last name could be Landri. But that would be an assumption on my part.

However the other questions are more important to me.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    ...However the other questions are more important to me.
    Like what? but remember I won't give up any North Korean secrets.

While we do have roughly 10.2 deaths per 100k people in the US, you failed to break that down. 3.6 of those are from homicides, 6.2 of those are from suicides.

Source:

Thanked by 2:

Like what? but remember I won't give up any North Korean secrets.
    Since I am still away from my desktop I will have to go back and pull these one by one then add them by editing this post.

Since you are a Veteran who has sworn to support and defend the US Constitution don't you feel a moral obligation to support my choice even if you do not agree with it, or feel it is unnecessary?

You also want to ban Alex Jones simply because you disagree with his point of view, or because he is passionate in his beliefs?

If gun control actually worked to deter crime and murder wouldn't Chicago be the safest place in the US to live?

I really think you need to reread the Constitution, especially that little section called The Bill of Rights.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-20-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Excellent! Could you also link me to the Alex Jones video where he proves that Cinderella and Seven Dwarfs is really a North Korean mind control plot to take over the U.S. and put us in FEMA slave camps? Thanks!
    You pulled a total cop out on this entire post, not one valid response. You just lumped them all together and cracked a joke. It wasn't even a good joke.

Thanked by:

While we do have roughly 10.2 deaths per 100k people in the US, you failed to break that down. 3.6 of those are from homicides, 6.2 of those are from suicides.

Source:
    Wow, I said 10 per 100,000, now you raised it to 10.2 per 100,000. Maybe it is higher than I thought. Thanks. Still in the U.S. we have like 10.2 firearm related deaths per 100,000 people. Switzerland which also a high gun ownership rate have like 0.5 firearm related deaths per 100,000 people. What is Switzerland doing right?

Maybe Switzerland is actually enforcing the gun laws they already have.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    ConTejas likes this.

Wow, I said 10 per 100,000, now you raised it to 10.2 per 100,000. Maybe it is higher than I thought. Thanks. Still in the U.S. we have like 10.2 firearm related deaths per 100,000 people. Switzerland which also a high gun ownership rate have like 0.5 firearm related deaths per 100,000 people. What is Switzerland doing right?
    6.3 of those 10.2 are from suicides you know people taking their own life.

I think you should read the entire statistic instead of just picking the number you agree with.

I am almost certain that more of our population is under some type of mental health care than what theirs is, why don't you look into that statistic? Especially since everyone of these mass shooters was receiving help for mental health issues.

The bottom line is they are criminals...

Thanked by:
    ConTejas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    What nutcase believes turning public schools into prisons (think of the way their environment would be viewed by adolescent minds) is a progressive step in the right direction. Until handguns are removed from the public market, this stupidity will continue. Want a hunting rifle or shotgun? Fine, as long as it is registered federally, licensed by the State, and secured in a home safe. Handguns and long-barrell weapons are 2 VERY different animals in the post-Founders' world.

Just as you have no right to an atomic cannon, there is no "absolute" right to own lethal weapons which can deliver death from a coward's distance.

The NRA should be defined as a domestic terrorist organization.
    Chicago has a ban denying guns to law abiding citizens how's that working out with their murder statistics?

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    Thanked by:

Since I am still away from my desktop I will have to go back and pull these one by one then add them by editing this post.

Since you are a Veteran who has sworn to support and defend the US Constitution don't you feel a moral obligation to support my choice even if you do not agree with it, or feel it is unnecessary?

You also want to ban Alex Jones simply because you disagree with his point of view, or because he is passionate in his beliefs?

If gun control actually worked to deter crime and murder wouldn't Chicago be the safest place in the US to live?

I really think you need to reread the Constitution, especially that little section called The Bill of Rights.
    I have been on this green earth long enough to know what is right and what is wrong. I don't need the Constitution, the Bible, the Koran, Alex Jones or you to tell me what is right and what is wrong. If a person needs help, I help them. If I am attacked. I will defend myself. Am I wrong?

I live in Chicago. How many times do I need to say, In the U.S. we have 10.2 firearm related deaths per 100,000 people. Switzerland which also a high gun ownership rate have like 0.5 firearm related deaths per 100,000 people. What is Switzerland doing right?

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    Maybe Switzerland is actually enforcing the gun laws they already have.

You maybe right!

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    Chicago has a ban denying guns to law abiding citizens how's that working out with their murder statistics?

That has changed by a Supreme Court ruling.
    Thanked by:

6.3 of those 10.2 are from suicides you know people taking their own life.

I think you should read the entire statistic instead of just picking the number you agree with.

I am almost certain that more of our population is under some type of mental health care than what theirs is, why don't you look into that statistic? Especially since everyone of these mass shooters was receiving help for mental health issues.

The bottom line is they are criminals...
    Once again, In the U.S. we have 10.2 firearm related deaths per 100,000 people. Switzerland which also a high gun ownership rate have like 0.5 firearm related deaths per 100,000 people. What is Switzerland doing right? Is it more mental health rules? regulations? help? I don't know, but it needs to be looked into. Don't you agree?

Palandri: how have gun control laws in Chicago helped curb gun violence? I am not talking about nationwide, or even Switzerland. I am referring to Chicago.

If someone says I support the second amendment but I don't believe anyone but the military should have an AR-15 then anything before the word but is meaningless. It is no different than saying I support the first amendment but Alex Jones should be banned from the airwaves.

I am not trying to insult you, or offend you I am simply trying to understand your point of view.

Here is a post where you skipped every question I asked and didn't even mention any key points I made.

Polandri: Take a look at this..

Army Manual Outlines Plan To Kill Rioters, Demonstrators In America Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Feds identify 2nd Amendment activists as terrorists in Ohio drill - Virginia Beach Conservative | Examiner.com

From the link above "Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano who has described gun owners and veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars as potential terrorists." and "However, it is painfully obvious that the Obama administration feels more threatened by men and women who have sworn an oath to protect this nation from tyrants, as well as by Americans who simply exercise and refuse to relinquish their Constitutional rights.

Every American, regardless of their political affiliation should be wary of any president who seems to view our founding principles with such disdain."

Another interesting video: Gun Appreciation Day w/ Emily Miller - Tucker Carlson - Fox & Friends Weekend - 1-19-13 - YouTube"

Unfortunately you will have to go back to the original post for the links to work.

Palandri: how have gun control laws in Chicago helped curb gun violence? I am not talking about nationwide, or even Switzerland. I am referring to Chicago.

If someone says I support the second amendment but I don't believe anyone but the military should have an AR-15 then anything before the word but is meaningless. It is no different than saying I support the first amendment but Alex Jones should be banned from the airwaves.

I am not trying to insult you, or offend you I am simply trying to understand your point of view.
    I already answered this.

Here is a post where you skipped every question I asked and didn't even mention any key points I made.

Polandri: Take a look at this..

Army Manual Outlines Plan To Kill Rioters, Demonstrators In America Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Feds identify 2nd Amendment activists as terrorists in Ohio drill - Virginia Beach Conservative | Examiner.com

From the link above "Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano who has described gun owners and veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars as potential terrorists." and "However, it is painfully obvious that the Obama administration feels more threatened by men and women who have sworn an oath to protect this nation from tyrants, as well as by Americans who simply exercise and refuse to relinquish their Constitutional rights.

Every American, regardless of their political affiliation should be wary of any president who seems to view our founding principles with such disdain."

Another interesting video: Gun Appreciation Day w/ Emily Miller - Tucker Carlson - Fox & Friends Weekend - 1-19-13 - YouTube"

Unfortunately you will have to go back to the original post for the links to work.
    Honest to gawd I feel sorry for you. You're living a life of paranoia induced by people like Alex Jones. You won't even leave your house without a weapon. What kind of a life is that?

You said you were in the military, would you follow those orders and kill Americans? I wouldn't.

You pulled a total cop out on this entire post, not one valid response. You just lumped them all together and cracked a joke. It wasn't even a good joke.
    Cop out? If you think professional wrestling and Alex Jones are real; it's your decision.

Cop out? If you think professional wrestling and Alex Jones are real; it's your decision.
    There was more to that post than just Alex Jones, even then I don't see a post from you disproving it.
    P
    What kind of life is that? It is a safe and confident one. How many people here don't leave home without there cell phone, or women with their pepper spray?

As for the lines below you stated that you already answered them but I didn't see them. So since I recopied all of the questions I asked that you missed I feel justified in asking you to specifically answer each one.

If someone says I support the second amendment but I don't believe anyone except the military should have an AR-15 then anything before the word but is meaningless. It is no different than saying I support the first amendment but Alex Jones should be banned from the airwaves.

I highly dislike gun happy NRA supporters because they act like their personal freedom is being stomped on by Uncle Sam himself....when generally the same people are rabidly anti choice.

Anyway assault rifles should not be legal for public sale. I don't give a hoot about the big bad criminals having them because chances are you wouldn't have one with you if you were attacked. They are very dangerous and far too many people do not know even basic gun safety. This is for the publics greater good, settle for a shot gun instead.

We need better gun safety and education. Something as simple as regulating buying ammunition, much like when you buy certain over the counter medication.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Love it. Except if you regulate the bullets, all the gun owners will become criminals by circumventing the laws. Then they can lose the gun privileges....

I thought I was gonna find a downside but never hit it I guess.

500$ per bullet sounds about right.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
    nolittdroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nolittdroid View Post
    I highly dislike gun happy NRA supporters because they act like their personal freedom is being stomped on by Uncle Sam himself....when generally the same people are rabidly anti choice.

Anyway assault rifles should not be legal for public sale. I don't give a hoot about the big bad criminals having them because chances are you wouldn't have one with you if you were attacked. They are very dangerous and far too many people do not know even basic gun safety. This is for the publics greater good, settle for a shot gun instead.

We need better gun safety and education. Something as simple as regulating buying ammunition, much like when you buy certain over the counter medication.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    When the President signs a law that makes freedom of speech a felony my personal freedoms are being stepped on. Since you brought anti-choice up I will respond to it as well. I find it extremely hypocritical of anyone that wants to regulate guns in the aftermath of the tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary yet be for abortion. Wouldn't stopping abortion save more innocent lives than any amount of gun control legislation?

Just to clarify, yes I am pro-life. I have several friends who have had abortions and one of them even aborted my child without my knowledge and everyone of them regrets the decision. I find it reprehensible that my daughter can get birth control or have an abortion without my consent. A teenage girl is in no way mature enough to make that decision on her own.

If we are going to have a discussion on abortion then I suggest a new thread to keep the two issues from getting confused.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Maybe your right except one thing. That clump of cells is not life.

nolittdroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post

Federal law prohibits the taxing of an item more than its value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post

Federal law prohibits the taxing of an item more than its value.

Thanked by:
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast