Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Not an attack or offensive question, but I am still waiting for your answer on what your experience is with firearms, specifically the ar-15?
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    What part of crime will go up and all you do is punish responsible owners escapes you?
    Why not address the post rather than employing the binary logic most often used by children? Seriously.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Why not address the post rather than employing the binary logic most often used by children? Seriously.
    The only person throughout this entire post that has acted like a spoiled child is you. You are the one with the elitist attitude. You are the one that tries to push people down to lift yourself up. You sir, are a hypocrite.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    The only person throughout this entire post that has acted like a spoiled child is you. You are the one with the elitist attitude. You are the one that tries to push people down to lift yourself up. You sir, are a hypocrite.
    When you [not you, individually] are provided more than ample opportunity to directly address points which are central to the issue at hand ... and they are repeatedly avoided like the plague ... it makes one wonder why that is.

Sticks and stones roll right off my back.

When you [not you, individually] are provided more than ample opportunity to directly address points which are central to the issue at hand ... and they are repeatedly avoided like the plague ... it makes one wonder why that is.

Sticks and stones roll right off my back.
    You've avoided more than your fair share........tell me again, what do you know about guns?

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

74 page dialogue and we are no closer to any solution than on page one. Good luck with the next 74.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    74 page dialogue and we are no closer to any solution than on page one. Good luck with the next 74.

Below are some of the actual suggestions that have gotten lost in this thread, you may or may not agree with some or all of them but I believe they are viable solutions.

Easier access to mental health care, tougher and fully enforced penalties for violent criminals. Celebrate individuals that defend themselves and their families or businesses from criminals. Make the criminal FEAR justice.

Prison should be a deterrent to crime, not a place for free cable, exercise yards, bring back the chain gangs, there's all kinds of trash along the roads that needs picked up. Capital crime deserves capital punishment.

GUN FREE ZONES offer no protection from a madman bent on destruction. Allow teachers that choose to do so to get a carry permit.

Education:
    1) teach kids that as adults they are responsible for their actions, not mommy or daddy.
    2) teach people the proper use and respect for firearms.
    ---------
    Stop labeling gun owners as criminals, and or treating us as second class citizens. We are no different or better than anyone else. We choose to exercise our god given, constitutionally protected right to bear arms. It is our choice to own firearms, if you don't want one that's your choice, but don't make me a criminal for exercising my rights.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Accept the fact that there are some truly evil people in this world, and if they decide to commit an evil act then odds are in their favor simply because we cannot prevent every possible scenario, other than by totally separating ourselves from everyone else and never have any contact with any other human.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

A video that explores why gun control should be banned and NOT guns, includes an interview from John Stossell with a group of convicted felons stating what they think of gun control laws, background checks, and armed victims. Also discusses the Brady bill.

Captian4Phones likes this.

Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Hasn't it been made perfectly clear by a vocal minority demanding that no changes are made? Rights to a product are more important than lives, don't you know? And the blood only continues to spill.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Hasn't it been made perfectly clear by a vocal minority demanding that no changes are made? Rights to a product are more important than lives, don't you know? And the blood only continues to spill.
    Rights to a product to protect my life.
    And we are not the minority according to polls that you wish to ignore and statistics you choose to ignore.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanked by:
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

In a nutshell, this is what has what passes for conservatives frozen in fear. And it is, indeed, pathetic.

In a nutshell, this is what has what passes for conservatives frozen in fear. And it is, indeed, pathetic.

I'll list my issues with this by each bullet point.

I read in a separate article that when the NRA offered to endorse background checks at gun shows they were told by the government that they didn't feel that it was worth the expense.

1) I have been thru several checks to purchase weapons, and honestly it is a hassle already. What I don't like is the government telling me I have to advise them if/when I want to leave my possessions to my kids, brother etc. If my neighbor and I want swap pistols it's none of their business. If I agree to meet a guy after work to buy a gun, I shouldn't have to go to the police station for a background check at 2:00 am. While the article does state an approximate fee of 5.00-25.00 for this background check, what's to stop them from raising it in the future, or adding a specific gun tax letter on like the now proposed 5% tax on every bullet sold in CA? Honestly I think this fee is wrong just on principle, as a tax payer I am going to have to pay into the fund that will be going to pay for birth control for people like Sandra Fluke,

The 1.7% figure I have problems with, this figure is simply a concensous, and it's based on some really old data. To get this information I linked from the original one provided by CD. By clicking on the link labeled 1.7% . So that figure could be a lot less, or even more. Personally I have never purchased a firearm from a gun show, and I would not feel comfortable doing so. When I buy a firearm I always purchase from a reputable dealer. I usually go to the same shop for every purchase, I have been going there for more than 20 years. So even though background checks at gun shows would not affect me personally after given the issue more consideration I have to side with those that it would affect and place my self in the against column.

3) If people the majority of people that are flagged on NICS checks are not prosecuted, why bother. Either enforce the law or abolish it. I see no sense in adding another law that isn't going to be enforced anyway, it just causes more problems. This is what Joe Biden was referring to when he said they didn't have time to prosecute every one of these cases. I already linked it a few pages ago.

4) There is definitely cause for concern of entrapment with this.

5) yea, this is too obvious. We already know that “Homicidal maniacs, criminals, and the insane don't abide by the law,” LaPierre told the senators. Answering a question about background checks, he said, “The problem with gun laws is, criminals don't cooperate with them. The mentally ill don't cooperate with them.” and if someone that had a restraining order, etc tried to purchase a firearm at a gun show given the absolute abysmal rate of prosecution they would just leave and then purchase weapons on the street.

6) If background checks at gun shows and between individuals becomes law then it will become a personal choice if a citizens decides to obey that law or not. kinda like speeding now, or seat belts.

7) I definitely agree with this, there have already been at least 2 homes that have been broken into as a result of the names of gun owners names and addresses being printed in the journal news in NY. Gun registries are a precursor to gun confiscation, as an example this school board in MO. has no business knowing if there are firearms in my house or not. This information will in no way improve my child's education.

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I really like the way my state handles the background check issue currently (Iowa). Either you A: Apply annually for a permit that allows you to purchase pistols for one year from the date of issue. Background check is performed by the county Sheriff, I think it was like $5 or $10 the one year I did that. or you can B: Use your CCWP, instead. Taking either of these to any sale is required, be it private or dealer sale and that makes sense to me. For long guns you don't need a permit, they spot check those. At no point is anyone recording what you purchased other than for the purposes of a receipt (we don't register them anywhere ever). So the inconvenience is either once per year (about 10 minutes) or once every 5 years (about 45 minutes) and the fees are minimal.
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    /SNIP/
    Why would I have ever expected you to treat the article with honesty and dignity? Especially when it has the unmitigated gall to hold the NRA accountable for truly irrational hypocrisy regarding it's past endorsements for universal background checks. This serves as a perfect example of partisanship for partisanship's sake.

Why would I have ever expected you to treat the article with honesty and dignity? Especially when it has the unmitigated gall to hold the NRA accountable for truly irrational hypocrisy regarding it's past endorsements for universal background checks. This serves as a perfect example of partisanship for partisanship's sake.
    I don't feel I was dishonest in anyway, I read each bullet point and expressed my concerns as candidly as I was able. If you took particular offense to my choice of words then I certainly invite you to point that out and I will attempt to explain it in another way.

Also please do not take offense to this, but I would still like to know what your experience level is with firearms, especially the ar-15 that has been in such discussion not only here but in a lot of other places as well.

You can certainly refuse to answer, but I at least hope you will acknowledge the question. If you refuse to answer this time I will not ask again.

Thanked by:
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I don't feel I was dishonest in anyway, I read each bullet point and expressed my concerns as candidly as I was able. If you took particular offense to my choice of words then I certainly invite you to point that out and I will attempt to explain it in another way.
    It's not your choice of words. It matters not to you how many bodies bleed, period. And all for partisan political purposes. I find that far beyond nauseating of anyone who claims to be an American.

Also please do not take offense to this, but I would still like to know what your experience level is with firearms, especially the ar-15 that has been in such discussion not only here but in a lot of other places as well.
    When I owe you answers about my personal life, I'll let you know. As soon as it becomes a relevant factor, you'll be informed.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's not your choice of words. It matters not to you how many bodies bleed, period. And all for partisan political purposes. I find that far beyond nauseating of anyone who claims to be an American.

When I owe you answers about my personal life, I'll let you know. As soon as it becomes a relevant factor, you'll be informed.
    Too far.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I really like the way my state handles the background check issue currently (Iowa). Either you A: Apply annually for a permit that allows you to purchase pistols for one year from the date of issue. Background check is performed by the county Sheriff, I think it was like $5 or $10 the one year I did that. or you can B: Use your CCWP, instead. Taking either of these to any sale is required, be it private or dealer sale and that makes sense to me. For long guns you don't need a permit, they spot check those. At no point is anyone recording what you purchased other than for the purposes of a receipt (we don't register them anywhere ever). So the inconvenience is either once per year (about 10 minutes) or once every 5 years (about 45 minutes) and the fees are minimal.
    You still have to fill out 4473 which is a record kept on file with that ffl dealer.

/snip/

That means he doesn't know Jack about guns which we knew already by his inaccurate statements.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Too far
    And this inevitably happens when constant personal baiting exists. My apologies.

When I owe you answers about my personal life, I'll let you know.
    You certainly like to meddle in everyone else's personal affairs. Hypocrisy burning.!

And this inevitably happens when constant personal baiting exists. My apologies.
    You're the baiter.....

Tell me again....... How much do you know about guns....... You can use crib sheets.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Nobody has to respond. In fact, I would prefer it.

Thread closed while people cool down.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 2:
    nrm5110 and Darth Spock like this.

Welcome to politics.
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 272829303132 LastLast