Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

It's not in the interest of politics to fix anything, just to sit around to collect a paycheck and talk about it till the issue is irrelevant.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Yes, they are coming after our weapons.

And now New Mexico.

Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-14-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

States have no right to regulate their "militias"? Since when? Such a person's claim is unConstitutional and subject to impeachment.

Get set to watch some battles in the court systems over this.

Here's a video for gun control that I can get behind...

Also an interesting article about weapon and ammunition production delays, I am still waiting for my 3 ar-30a1's. Hopefully I will have at least 1 by end of the month. Already started stocking up on ammo for them.

Last edited by Live2ride883; 02-14-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.–Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanked by 2:
    Live2ride883 and cdmjlt369 like this.

For those that do not believe governments can turn on their people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?-537022_436459499769620_973396710_n-1.jpg  

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Yes, they are coming after our weapons.

And now New Mexico.

Agree that these laws should not pass as is. Stupid laws are proposed every day in every state. The power of the people is to produce their own candidates to replace these clowns.
    Live2ride883 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Here is the danger in the perceived thought process:

Team A:
    "We want to make things safer by reducing the availability of weapons to criminals, but have no way to do so without restricting the availability to law abiding citizens as well"
    Team B:
    "If you try to take our guns, we'll kill your law enforcement officers."
    Team A:
    "WTF? Who said take guns? You're planning to commit murders? That's crazy! Crazy people shouldn't have guns!"
    Team B:
    "Lock and Load; they're coming for our guns, get ready to kill 'em all."
    Team A:
    "Obviously these people are terrorist, talking about violent resistance to legislation."
    Drone:
    "Boom"

You see how at no point does either side have any clue what the other team is talking about? The drone doesn't care. Both sides are dead wrong and escalating this for no reason at all other than irrational fears. An intelligent, non-defensive conversation would allow the philosophical approaches to be reconciled, but neither side is willing to listen or try to understand. Both sides are pushing for a war, the question is why?

Magazine limits, assault weapon bans and other stupid ideas will not reduce criminal use of guns. They just won't. Background checks will reduce the legal sale of firearms to people who otherwise are ineligible to purchase them, under current laws. I'm not sure why there is a debate on any of those 3 points. Don't ban stuff for no reason and OF COURSE we want to prevent legal illegal sales. It's not like you're trading baseball cards here, the random person in the parking lot could be buying from you because the FFA dealer denied them because of a domestic assault issue. Use common sense in this and lets discuss facts and logic.

If you come into this defensive, only wanting to highlight the talking points of the crazies of one side or the other, that's not a debate, that's baiting people to point out your ignorance. Comprehensive contextual understanding of the issues requires observing more information than what is fed to you by one side of an agenda. Especially true when both sides are wrong.

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I just realized my profile picture has my real name on it! I should change it before the crazies from one side or the other learn to use Google translate and hunt me down!
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I'm enjoying this etcha-sketch demonstration of "conservative" firearm values ... the kind of which make Mitt Romney appear rock-solid stable.

So tell me again why you think an ar15 should be banned, and why a 223 is a high powered bullet, and how with assault weapons gone the criminals will just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    So tell me again why you think an ar15 should be banned, and why a 223 is a high powered bullet, and how with assault weapons gone the criminals will just go away.
    Rose colored glasses.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    Rose colored glasses.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.
    I would agree.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

So tell me again why you think an ar15 should be banned, and why a 223 is a high powered bullet, and how with assault weapons gone the criminals will just go away
    Demonstrate that those responsible for mass-death attacks have criminal backgrounds which preclude them from legally obtaining firearms. Go for it. I beg you.

Would it matter anyway, considering the NRA's record of arming convicted felons through their "Relief" program?

Instance # 31(exaggerated number) where carolinadroid has completely avoided backing up her arguments with actual proof and instead tried to change the subject and call out the other person expecting them to do the same.

*gets more popcorn*
    Thanked by 2:
    Live2ride883 and Markster1 like this.

Even taking away the guns completely, violent crime rate gets horrific. England is one of the worst.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post

Even taking away the guns completely, violent crime rate gets horrific. England is one of the worst.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Cause guns aren't the problem, it's the people. This is why when they search a violent criminal's house/apartment/etc and happen to find a PS3 there and blame video games for him being so violent I wanna go and smack them in the face. He would have been the same way even if that wasn't there. Hell I find video games to be a good way of venting out my rage not making it worse. It's the same thing with guns, people are gonna kill people if they have a mental problem or violent temper whether or not they have access to a gun.
    cdmjlt369 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Instance # 31(exaggerated number) where carolinadroid has completely avoided backing up her arguments with actual proof and instead tried to change the subject and call out the other person expecting them to do the same.
    Actually, no. What I posted ["Demonstrate that those responsible for mass-death attacks have/had criminal backgrounds which preclude(d) them from legally obtaining firearms"] aims between the eyes of this thread's subject and Markster's post (and he knows it). The parents of those who have had to bury their small children would appreciate it if a responsible person would directly address it. Step right up.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadroid View Post
    Actually, no. What I posted ["Demonstrate that those responsible for mass-death attacks have/had criminal backgrounds which preclude(d) them from legally obtaining firearms"] aims between the eyes of this thread's subject and Markster's post (and he knows it). The parents of those who have had to bury their small children would appreciate it if a responsible person would directly address it. Step right up.
    Demonstrate that had these criminals not had access to these weapons they would have harmed no one. You can't.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Demonstrate that had these criminals not had access to these weapons they would have harmed no one. You can't.
    The parents of those who have buried their small children are not satisfied with such a deflective, irresponsible reply. If you can't step up, please step aside.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Instance #4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

The parents of those who have buried their small children are not satisfied with such a deflective, irresponsible reply. If you can't step up, please step aside.
    You've got your head stuck so far in the mud I'm surprised you haven't suffocated yourself yet.
    Last edited by Markster1; 02-15-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Hey I feel for the parents, they should never have to bury their children from something like that, but until we talk about what is really going to fix the issue instead of what will make YOU feel good, just thumbing your nose at gun owners is an insult and is counterproductive to a solution.
    Banned

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Hey I feel for the parents, they should never have to bury their children from something like that, but until we talk about what is really going to fix the issue instead of what will make YOU feel good, just thumbing your nose at gun owners is an insult and is counterproductive to a solution.
    Asking you for something which is verifiable is a productive aspect of this bloody issue. And it still goes unaddressed. You'd prefer not to because it would prove inconvenient to your cause.
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 LastLast