Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Good.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?

Yes!

Some smart and totally responsible gun ownership there. Let leave the loaded gun in a car. Or a bike(I assume you mean motorcycle). No one ever breaks in and steals those.

Isn't part of responsible ownership being in control of your weapon at all times?

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

ROM
    Stock

That's a good point. He wouldn't have to leave it, if government didn't create "gun free zones".

Thus, government forces him to leave it, creating a danger where none existed before.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.
    Markster1 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Right blame the government instead of taking personal responsibility.

The responsible thing to do would be to leave it at home when you know you have to go to an area like that.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Shall we just keep the "responsible gun owner body count" going?

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Right blame the government instead of taking personal responsibility.

The responsible thing to do would be to leave it at home when you know you have to go to an area like that.

Not really because a lot of government/gun free zones are in some bad areas and the responsible thing would be to have it with you. So technically it IS the government's fault.

Although I wouldn't leave it on a bike...

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

I will respond to the issue of where I leave my gun what I have to enter a gun free zone. I have these in my truck and on my bike. I am a responsible gun owner.

Since you cannot see them I will tell you that there are 2 steel bolts holding the bike safe directly to the frame, they are torqued to over 150 ft lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?-console_vault_1-1-.jpg   What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?-harleygunstorage.jpg  
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-21-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    ConTejas likes this.

Anyone want to debate this truth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think the best course of action is against mass shootings in schools?-603088_420091154739788_2132170739_n.jpg  
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I will respond to the issue of where I leave my gun what I have to enter a gun free zone. I have these in my truck and on my bike. I am a responsible gun owner.

Since you cannot see them I will tell you that there are 2 steel bolts holding the bike safe directly to the frame, they are torqued to over 150 ft lbs.
    Doesn't matter, I steal the car or bike I have all the time and tools, to take what I want.

Doesn't matter, I steal the car or bike I have all the time and tools, to take what I want.

Samething if someone breaks into my house and uses a torch to cut open my gun safe. I do everything I can to keep my guns safe and away from people that would use them for crime.

Someone could also steal my truck and run it through a school playground during recess, someone could grab an Axe off the shelf at any Walmart or hardware store and start hacking away at people.

If you like gun free countries so much you are more than welcome to move to one...
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-21-2013 at 11:11 AM.

ConTejas likes this.

Carolinadroid I am going to ask a serious question, and please take time to answer seriously.

Just how many personal freedoms are you willing to sacrifice for the illusion of security?
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-25-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Samething if someone breaks into my house and uses a torch to cut open my gun safe. I do everything I can to keep my guns safe and away from people that would use them for crime.

Someone could also steal my truck and run it through a school playground during recess, someone could grab an Axe off the shelf at any Walmart or hardware store and start hacking away at people.

If you like gun free countries so much you are more than welcome to move to one...
    You analogy doesn't hold water. The time and equipment needed to hack into a real gun safe would not make it feasible to do so.

You are giving those criminals just an easy transportation method and not being very responsible.

And the same token applies to you, if you would like a county where you can carry your gun, any gun, wherever you like, there are plenty of countries you can do that in. The middle east and Africa just to name a few.

It is working well there. Have a nice trip

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Carolinadroid I am going to ask a serious question, and please take time to answer seriously.

Just how many personal freedoms are you willing to sacrifice for the illusion of security?
    The Bush era was rife with exactly what you are asking. The Patriot act was nothing but a stomp on freedoms in the name of security. We're you as outraged? Are You still? Just the other day the FBI was asked to release their guidelines on surveillance and they sent 200 blank pages in return.

Are you just as outraged by that?

And what freedom are you being asked to give up? No one is taking your gun.

How am I responsible for someone stealing my bike or truck, it's not like I am leaving the keys in either one.
    Last edited by Live2ride883; 01-21-2013 at 12:23 PM.

At for me, I am a patriot. I stand with and for the Constitution.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

The fact that what weapons we own can be dictated at all is an affront to this nation. There are far more law abiding safe gun owners than not and as a soldier I am insulted that I can use a weapon overseas but my end up unable to own one that has the same look and feel because you think its more dangerous when in actuality over 6000 homicides per year on average are committed using handguns not "assault" weapons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Since the tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary was what started this round of gun debates I thought everyone should have a chance to see this video.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

You are an irresponsible gun owner if you leave your gun unattended.

nolittdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

You are an irresponsible gun owner if you leave your gun unattended.

This is true

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Very few people know there is a weapon in my vehicle, I feel safe leaving it under lock and key.As for someone breaking into my truck etc, unless I am on my way to or from work my wife usually goes to the bank/post office etc with me. So normally only one of us goes in, so technically it's not left unattended..

The best answer has already been presented and that is get rid of gun free zones.

Thanked by:
    King Howie likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

No the best answer is to get rid of irresponsible gun owners, such as yourself. I would say that they are doing a good job of exterminating themselves, but too many innocent people are going as well.

It isn't about who knows that there is a gun there, they want the car. The gun is a super extra bonus you are giving a real criminal. I won't even mention that with that safe in there, you might as well just have a sign up, 'gun in here'.

Neither gun safe can be seen unless you are looking for it, spend sometime looking at the pics.

I do not think you are in any position to determine if I am being irresponsible.

You create one scenario after another in which you make up situations that gun owners are irresponsible.

No the best answer is to get rid of irresponsible gun owners, such as yourself. I would say that they are doing a good job of exterminating themselves, but too many innocent people are going as well.

It isn't about who knows that there is a gun there, they want the car. The gun is a super extra bonus you are giving a real criminal. I won't even mention that with that safe in there, you might as well just have a sign up, 'gun in here'.

No getting rid of gun free zones makes more sense.

Look at where these shootings take place - gun free zones

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Also bush was a pukcuf of a President. Easily one of if not worst ever

Adam Lanza's mother left her guns in an area where her mentally unstable son could easily get to them and then commit the crimes he did. That is irresponsible gun ownership.

Thanked by:
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast