10-06-2015 07:52 AM
32 12
tools
    Black markets could occur, but the pressure placed move drive prices high enough that it would become unaffordable for a teenager to purchase or have the connections.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-05-2015 09:37 PM
    They'd just go sell some drugs or knock over a few convenience stores to get the money. After all, what's a minor crime like that to someone intent on killing? [/sarcasm]

But while the anti-gun crowd is focused on limiting, if not outright disarming the populace, I'm going to start focusing on debating the real problem. Like how people get this way. True mental illness is one thing, and probably a very small minority of shooters. The bigger problems fall back to parenting, and raising kids to respect others and not stand for them becoming violent at home. If you don't teach your kids self respect, respect for authority, and tolerance of differing opinions, what do you expect will happen?
    Crashdamage likes this.
    10-05-2015 09:50 PM
    Bullied kids seldom knock over convenience stores. It they did they would be popular kids.
    10-05-2015 10:59 PM
    Bullied kids are also not the majority of shooters. I'm not talking only about massive shootings, but rather gun violence in general.
    10-06-2015 04:39 AM
    You make good, reasonable points regarding parenting, respect, tolerance - all that is good and goals we should all strive for in ourselves and our kids.

But the simple fact is, as long as people have guns, people will get shot. It may be a robbery, a domestic argument or a 5 year old accidentally shooting his 3 year old sister. But as long as there are guns, people will get shot.
    Fairclough likes this.
    10-06-2015 06:44 AM
    As long as there are bats, people will get beaten with them. As long as there are knives, people will get stabbed. As long as there are cars, people will be ran over. As long as there are drugs, people will OD. As long as there are doctors, people will die from malpractice....

See where I'm going with this? Using that tired argument that people dying justifies confiscation just doesn't work. Yes, guns are designed to kill. Good, I want the most effective defense from attackers as possible. That's for me to decide what is best, not for others to decide for me unless they are going to step in to be my human shield. My right to self preservation trumps someone else's opinion.
    anon(394005) likes this.
    10-06-2015 07:36 AM
    God bless all the innocent terrified children and teachers who will die shortly in schools to protect the more important rights of gun enthusiasts who think the russkies or Chinese are about to storm their doorstep in the dead of night but would prefer to have access to baseball bats and kitchen knives as they would be more effective. Sad.
    10-06-2015 07:52 AM
32 12