Considering what the biggest news storms are currently in the US, I'm guessing discussions about that topic are being pulled? That's a shame.
    07-20-2016 05:29 PM
    No one seems to able to be civil and it's just exhausting.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-20-2016 05:55 PM
    I don't think anything is being pulled. The staff typically lets topics go on as long as they are civil and not breaking other rules (such as discussing how to pirate apps). Even then they just lock the threads and not delete them. Probably just not much gusto from the users to start new topics.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-20-2016 06:23 PM
    I agree. I check the Politics forum daily. It's been largely dead for a while now. Very rarely do new topics get posted; when they do, we all result to our same arguments generally. So, nearly pointless. When you have the US Presidential Cycle around, things get heated. With Hillary and Trump, it appears even worse than normal in terms of civility elsewhere. Why bring it to AC?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-20-2016 08:44 PM
    Some of the users who were very vocal about politics don't seem to be around anymore. Probably moved on or too busy to log onto the forums now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-20-2016 10:09 PM
    I don't think anything is being pulled. The staff typically lets topics go on as long as they are civil and not breaking other rules (such as discussing how to pirate apps). Even then they just lock the threads and not delete them. Probably just not much gusto from the users to start new topics.
    This. Mods haven't done anything within this section in awhile. As it says at the top of the forum.. As long as people follow the rules and such.. No problems .
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-27-2016 10:15 AM
    *crickets*
    08-12-2016 02:54 PM
    Considering what the biggest news storms are currently in the US, I'm guessing discussions about that topic are being pulled? That's a shame.
    I can see what's been deleted and what hasn't. The last thread that was deleted was in 2015. Prior to this thread, which apparently was posted 6 weeks ago, there seem to have been two other threads created in this section this year. It seems that new threads just aren't being created, though there is a little bit of discussion still happening in older threads.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-05-2016 10:31 AM
    The only topics that I have ever seen get prematurely shutdown have been relating to guns. Everything else is usually allowed to run its course unless things get out of hand.

Many of the usual posters got banned and others like me just kind of stopped showing up to post. I just don't visit the forum much anymore. Very little actual discussion ever happened here anyway. It was mostly people spouting off their opinion and then defending it to the death regardless of any actual evidence shown. Such is the Internet I suppose.
    10-18-2016 06:55 PM
    Well if anyone wants a discussion, I'm always open to talk about the Fair Tax. XD
    NoYankees44 likes this.
    10-18-2016 08:25 PM
    Can't believe i just found this thread & im late at a time that its dead. How about that debate lastnight. A hot mess & the same old conversations. Our country just f**ked itself with these two. I didn't have enough wine to get through the night.
    10-20-2016 04:45 AM
    I've decided I'm voting none of the above. Not to be confused with voter apathy, I seriously don't think any of the candidates are good enough and I'm not going to vote for the lesser evil.
    Laura Crusader likes this.
    10-20-2016 08:24 AM
    I've decided I'm voting none of the above. Not to be confused with voter apathy, I seriously don't think any of the candidates are good enough and I'm not going to vote for the lesser evil.
    Agreed. All though, we did have one great candidate once. Legendary Jim Webb.. this is sooo depressing LOL
    10-20-2016 08:37 AM