1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Default Indiana residents can no longer resist if police illigaly enter they're home.

I'm sorry, but I just find this scary. Hopefully it gets overturned and hopefully it doesn't spread to other states.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

I don't expect that to hold up in the long run. The U.S. Supreme Court has previously supported citizens in this sort of issue. They upheld a lower court ruling that, "Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary." This is clearly not the same situation, but it is similar.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by 13thDr View Post
    I don't expect that to hold up in the long run. The U.S. Supreme Court has previously supported citizens in this sort of issue. They upheld a lower court ruling that, "Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary." This is clearly not the same situation, but it is similar.
    I hope you're right. I can sort of see where the Indiana Supreme Court is coming from, if the Police illegally enter my home they would rather I take the offending officer(s) to court instead of resorting to physical violence against them. Fair enough. But to say that I have no right to resist whatsoever? If the police want to illegally enter my home I just have to let it happen then pater try to prove that it was an illegal entry in court? That is going way, way too far, it sets a horrible precedent, and I really hipe that the U.S. Supreme Court strikes it down and fast before it spreads to other states.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

Default Re: Indiana residents can no longer resist if police illigaly ent

That's not cool.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Indiana residents can no longer resist if police illigaly ent

I would petition help from other constitution upholding groups like; NORML, NRA, your local Legal Aide.
    Make a name for yourself and get paid as chairman of the group.
    And Vote out the Rat Bastages that enabled that law.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T