Harbor Mobile, has anyone ever heard of this company

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using them right now. They actually aren't a prepaid carrier so not sure if you will get a better response in the "Other US Carriers" forum. Here's my take-away:

• Genuine AT&T SIM. AT&T logo and everything.
  • Not throttled
  • Uses the standard AT&T APN settings
  • Mobile hotspot is enabled
  • There is no overage. Data is not throttled once you meet your limit. It simply stops.
  • Excellent pricing all the way around, and unlimited SMS, MMS, domestic calling
  • There is no international roaming option available, period.
  • If you hit your data cap, you can change your data cap plan for that month at any time without penalty.
  • Uses the full AT&T post-paid network including roaming partners unlike prepaid MVNO's such as Cricket

You just have to decide whether you prefer the cap-and-stop versus others which have cap-and-slow (Cricket) or T-Mobile's free streaming from certain providers. For my needs where I go to a lot of rural areas and need the domestic roaming and hotspot feature, it's spot-on.

Edited to add:

My only concern is will they stay in business. I'm guessing they are really, really small. I called customer service and she was very helpful, but I could tell she was answering the phone from home and had a baby crying in the background.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My only concern is will they stay in business. I'm guessing they are really, really small. I called customer service and she was very helpful, but I could tell she was answering the phone from home and had a baby crying in the background.

It has been a while since your post and when this thread was started, but looks like AT&T has terminated Harbor Mobile: Harbor Mobile Discontinuing AT&T Based Service With Only 60 Hours Notice to Customers | Prepaid Phone News

Not surprising, given that TMO did the same to them (albeit 'grandfathered' the previously signed up customers.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante