Don't Upgrade Beautiful Widgets If...

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
you like Beautiful Smaller Home Weather. Beautiful Widgets 5.0 removes that widget.

For me, that was the only widget that I used from BW. So now it is a total waste of money.

Johnie

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
The new version is so fantastic that the developer locked down the support forum to deal with the onslaught of angry messages, which are mainly:

Q1: This "update" is ugly and useless! Why are you using paying customers as beta testers?

A: Our redesigned app is awesome. Give it a chance and you'll love it.

Q2: The Home widget is gone. It's the only one I like.

A: The developers decided to take it out. We aren't going to say why, but it's gone and there is nothing you can do about it.

Q3: All of my themes are gone!

A: If we were a traditional app developer, we would have given you fair warning that old themes will not work with the new version -- but then you wouldn't have the opportunity to try all of our two brand-new themes.

Q4: Why did you remove options, features and settings?

A: That is to keep you guessing. Some options, like invert high/low, annoyed our software team and were removed. Others, like location, are buried in a third-level menu accessible only through a secret screen. Still others are readily visible, but don't work. It is up to you to determine which are which -- rather like a game app (we have been thinking of expanding.)

Q5: Your widgets are crashing my phone and draining my battery.

A: No, they aren't -- but if you have any specific examples of problems, please add them to our Google spreadsheet so that we may ignore them as soon as possible.

Q6: I want a refund.

A: We are glad you agree that Beautiful Widgets is the greatest piece of Android software ever written and that one star is now the new five stars in the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Their app rating is dropping steadily in Google play from all the outraged customers.

I hope it hits rock bottom, they deserve it for this crap update.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I like it on both my tablet and phone. No clue why you're seeing a big battery hit, after reading this I checked and my batteries on both is falling at the expected rates. Odd.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

sohguanh

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
There exist a problem with some apps/software. In their early versions, they are a great hit and success. Then rather than keep it at that, developers want to re-build what they feel is better for the next version. There is nothing wrong in that aspect but one thing I know is users are the reason our apps/software gain usage. The very least developer should pay attention to is users feedback and NOT based on what developers feel it will be good for the users. I guess there are two camps of developers with different thinking. I belong to the camp where my apps/software exists because it fill a need users requested to better their daily lives routines. I am heavily driven by users rather than build something I feel it serves the users well.

Finally for frustrated users, you can always search elsewhere for other apps/software where developers pay great attention to your needs and NOT on what they think is good for you.

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I let it upgrade because I didn't know any better. BIG mistake. I used it because I liked it a lot. It is no longer the widget I used and liked. I don't like what they are offering me now but there's nothing I can do about that. I guess I'll end up looking for something else. What a crock...

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I love the update only complaint is no way to link a custom weather app. But with a major overhaul, there is bound to be issues that need sorted out and they've been practically updating daily since.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cynindesign

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have a battery drain until lollipop updated on my Note 4...blue tooth, wifi, everything running along w/ BW, my battery would be at 92% when I woke up...after that, I kept it plugged in at ngiht.

BW is supposed to have a vertical clock widget, I don't see it anywhere, can someone help me w/ that, TIA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2