Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pure Calendar - what's so good about it?

I've been thinking about getting Pure Calendar for my Eris, but have a simple question -- what's so good about it??

I don't mind the eye-candy stuff, but it's not a big deal to me. My schedule is pretty simple so I don't have things going on every day. I don't mind the stock widget, but when I have nothing scheduled that day it looks kind of stupid. Is there a calendar that disappears when there's nothing scheduled? Does Pure Calendar do something like that? What different size widgets does it offer? And last, how is it as an app vs a widget?

In short, what does it offer other than looking better? I've not paid for any apps yet, and now it's kind of a silly matter of principle -- I'd like to not have to pay for any, but from what I hear, this is one that's worth the couple of bucks.
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

its just a sharp looking calendar widget that you can get in agenda or grid form. if you arent a person that relies on checking a schedule on a daily basis, it isnt necessary, but i think it looks great and is well worth a couple bucks if you want a nice calendar widget.

and remember, anything you buy in the market can be uninstalled and refunded within 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    its just a sharp looking calendar widget that you can get in agenda or grid form. if you arent a person that relies on checking a schedule on a daily basis, it isnt necessary, but i think it looks great and is well worth a couple bucks if you want a nice calendar widget.

and remember, anything you buy in the market can be uninstalled and refunded within 24 hours
    Could not have said it any better.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Pure Calender does look great but try CalWidget before you pay for Pure.

It has all size widgets and some ability to control background and text colors. Meets my needs and is free. new updates have added more control. Try it and uninstall if you don't like.
    Blackberry Curve ---> OG Droid ---> Samsung Fascinate ---> back to Droid--->Thunderbolt--->Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Only big difference for Pure Calendar is that you get a metric ton of widgets in different shapes and sizes. You can basically fit it to any part of your homescreen - I personally use the 4 x 1, a strip across the top of my phone.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.2.2 GS4

Also, Pure has a lot of options during the setup of the widget one of which is show/hide days that don't have anything scheduled.
    "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy
    -Lao Tzu

For me, it's :
    - Lot of options to fit your needs
    - Skins for a better integration to your own home screen
    - Astrid tasks integration (with Remember the milk sync)

EDIT : to be clear, I am the dev.

Just a fresh screenshot with : Pure calendar / Pure messenger / Home++

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

I like the integration with astrid calendar. Adds a nice to do list to the top. If you need a basic calendar widget then maybe calwidget is for you, but pure calendar is a polish and great looking widget that allows you many ways to customize what is displayed and how. It was worth the dollar or two. I have both but pure calendar gets its own screen

You can put it in grid form???
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miagi View Post
    I like the integration with astrid calendar. Adds a nice to do list to the top. If you need a basic calendar widget then maybe calwidget is for you, but pure calendar is a polish and great looking widget that allows you many ways to customize what is displayed and how. It was worth the dollar or two. I have both but pure calendar gets its own screen

You can put it in grid form???
    the grid pure calendar is a separate app
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

How is it on battery life? I've been using my stock HTC calendar for a couple days and found that it's a significant drain on my battery. Is PC better/more efficient than the stock calendar?
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

there is nearly no battery drain since it doesn't sync anything (just read phone calendar database).
    Just refresh the widget when add/remove/pass event, or on screen rotation (can be disabled).
    Between updates : no battery used.

Pure calendar widget is now scrollable with 'LauncherPro' et 'ADW Launcher'

[Pure Calendar] First scrollable beta version ! Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)

Default Re: Pure Calendar - what's so good about it?

Is the Agenda aspect resizeable for ICS?

Yes you can.
    Enable scrollable mode if you want to completly fill the widdget.

It's a cool widget-aesthetically pleasing for sure. I use it, but I would not recommend it to people who don't have a busy schedule. There is just no need for it if you do not have a lot of appointments to keep track of.