5.7 inch Quad HD ( curved ) Display : The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has once again taken it to a different level with the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Featuring a 5.7 Quad HD Super AMOLED (2560x1440+160) display. What makes this so interesting is Samsung's use of the curved display wrapping the right edge of the device and taking this 160 pixel's of space and turning it into a split screen utilizing it to place what looks like a launcher dock of sorts according to the picture below.

Galaxy-Note-Edge-White-33.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm intrigued as to what this could do. If it could just light up that portion of the screen for a notification ticker or some extra functionality, I think that could be cool. But if this is only a launcher of sorts, then I think that it'll just get in the way. Plus, I'm already seeing the line at the repair shops when people start shattering their screens because they dropped the phone and landed right on the curved portion, because after all, besides a flip cover, there's not much you can do in terms of protection, right? And try warping a screen protector around that thing properly without bubbles or peeling after two weeks.

But, I've been wrong before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol