Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 86
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,988 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,155 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by strikeIII View Post
    Is it water proof or resistant?

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4
    Yeah, I also assume not. That's kind of a big deal for me. OTOH, at least they haven't said, "Erm, sort of" like the Galaxy Gear. Give me a straight answer.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,988 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,155 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by teslapod View Post
    Will the Toq work properly as a "trusted " bluetooth device for the Moto X and keep the Moto X unlocked?
    Yep! That's what I'm doing with it. (And you can have more than one trusted BT device.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,988 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,155 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    Phil, any idea why the watch faces keep changing color? I like the simple analog face with the date, but it randomly changes between a black face and a white face (I want white!). All the screens seem to be rotating through colors randomly. Just showing off the Mirasol tech?
    Because they're not all black and white, I reckon.
  4. #54  
    chortya's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    I have also pre-ordered, still waiting for shipping notification.
    How do the WhatsApp and Exchange notifications look like? Could you please post a screen?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,988 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,155 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hey Phil

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    Hey Phil, any issues pairing yours to your phone? I couldn't get mine to see the Nexus 5 (or visa versa), had to initiate a factory reset to get it to work.
    Nope, went fine.
  6. #56  

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Outgoing voice not being heard only picture,but incoming calls can be seen well and heard too.......

    I have a Samsung GT-18552 DUOS and my internet wi-fi shows 'very Strong' signal too,but have wasted enough time locating any sight which can help trouble shoot this issue,as a matter of fact,my son sitting in the next room same house with same wi-fy cannot hear me on Tango,but I can clearly see & hear him.
  7. #57  
    jeffreytz's Avatar
    Mayor of Awesometown

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Yeah, I also assume not. That's kind of a big deal for me. OTOH, at least they haven't said, "Erm, sort of" like the Galaxy Gear. Give me a straight answer.
    "Treat it like your smart phone" is what I got on Twitter - good thing I don't have an Xperia Z or I would have showered with it on
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile
  8. #58  
    jeffreytz's Avatar
    Mayor of Awesometown

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Because they're not all black and white, I reckon.
    Ha, well what I mean is you pick a watch face, you expect it to stay looking like the one you pick. That analog face keeps randomly alternating between dark and light; the three square "weather" face keeps changing the background colors. I don't like the dark faces as I'm looking for higher contrast. Just seems weird that they randomly during the day change color without any user input.
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile
  9. #59  
    jeffreytz's Avatar
    Mayor of Awesometown

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by chortya View Post
    I have also pre-ordered, still waiting for shipping notification.
    How do the WhatsApp and Exchange notifications look like? Could you please post a screen?
    All the notifications look about the same - you get all the text you would see when you expand a notification on your phone. For Exchange emails this includes the sender, the subject line, then the first couple of lines of message body text. Here's an example:
    I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!-easnotification.jpg
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile
  10. #60  
    alee's Avatar

    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    794 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    That analog face keeps randomly alternating between dark and light; the three square "weather" face keeps changing the background colors. I don't like the dark faces as I'm looking for higher contrast. Just seems weird that they randomly during the day change color without any user input.
    Yeah... this has been driving me nuts.
  11. #61  

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    I noticed you got the local city weather to your Toq. I have Accuweather Plus installed, and set it to sync with the Toq via the Toq app. It will send over specific city weather if I select one, but the local city weather is always blank. All location services are turned on, and Accuweather can find my current location if I ask it, but then seems to forget it. Is there anything that I am missing?

    Thanks
  12. #62  
    jeffreytz's Avatar
    Mayor of Awesometown

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by kjancaitis View Post
    I noticed you got the local city weather to your Toq. I have Accuweather Plus installed, and set it to sync with the Toq via the Toq app. It will send over specific city weather if I select one, but the local city weather is always blank. All location services are turned on, and Accuweather can find my current location if I ask it, but then seems to forget it. Is there anything that I am missing?
    I use Weatherbug Elite on my phone (I like the widget) so I'm just using the Toq app on its own to send weather info to the watch. The default is local (it uses its own Accuweather api for that) and the plus button at the top right lets you add more cities if you want (up to three I think) but I haven't done that yet. Try disabling the Accuweather Plus sync/integration and use the Toq app on its own and see if that solves the problem.
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile
  13. #63  

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    I use Weatherbug Elite on my phone (I like the widget) so I'm just using the Toq app on its own to send weather info to the watch. The default is local (it uses its own Accuweather api for that) and the plus button at the top right lets you add more cities if you want (up to three I think) but I haven't done that yet. Try disabling the Accuweather Plus sync/integration and use the Toq app on its own and see if that solves the problem.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't recognize that the Toq app grabbed the weather on its own. I also prefer WeatherBug Elite to AccuWeather so this was good to know. I also discovered that the problem I was having with local city weather was indirectly caused by rooting my Note 2. In the process I got rid of all the Verizon bloat including the Verizon location service. When I reinstalled this the local city weather conditions appeared on my Toq
  14. #64  
    jeffreytz's Avatar
    Mayor of Awesometown

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by kjancaitis View Post
    Thanks for the info. I didn't recognize that the Toq app grabbed the weather on its own. I also prefer WeatherBug Elite to AccuWeather so this was good to know. I also discovered that the problem I was having with local city weather was indirectly caused by rooting my Note 2. In the process I got rid of all the Verizon bloat including the Verizon location service. When I reinstalled this the local city weather conditions appeared on my Toq
    Yeah WeatherBug is great because it has specific locations, important in big cities like Chicago. Glad you found the location issue.
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile
  15. #65  
    alee's Avatar

    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    794 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    Yeah WeatherBug is great because it has specific locations, important in big cities like Chicago. Glad you found the location issue.
    I was just in Chicago (got back about 2 hrs ago) where my Toq reminded me it was 8 degrees outside. Just barely escaped before the delays went too out of control. You guys and your weather are NOT awesome.

    Managed to get my Toq to hot-boot a few times. Go into a meeting, get a few dozen notifications, and swipe-off to dismiss enough and you'll get a hot boot. A long term solution would be filters that can be applied to notifications -- I only want to see watch notifications from certain people, not everyone.
  16. #66  
    jeffreytz's Avatar
    Mayor of Awesometown

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    I was just in Chicago (got back about 2 hrs ago) where my Toq reminded me it was 8 degrees outside. Just barely escaped before the delays went too out of control. You guys and your weather are NOT awesome.

    Managed to get my Toq to hot-boot a few times. Go into a meeting, get a few dozen notifications, and swipe-off to dismiss enough and you'll get a hot boot. A long term solution would be filters that can be applied to notifications -- I only want to see watch notifications from certain people, not everyone.
    Haven't seen the hot-boot situation. If I have a bunch of stacked up notifications after the first couple I tend to just hit the strap sensor to pop back to the menu and then again to bring up the watch, figure if I have that many I might as well just look at them on the phone. I'll see if I can replicate it though (just out of curiosity).

    As for our weather in Chicago, Mother Nature is trying to make up for two very mild previous winters all in one week
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile
  17. #67  

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    After living with the Toq for a few days I have a question about replying to notifications. When I get a text message notification I can read it but there is no way to tap to send a quick reply from the notification. I have to open the Comm Hub app and reopen the text message to send a quick reply. Is this the way it is supposed to work? It seems a little unnatural to have to close the notification, open another applet, and re-find the message to send a reply.
  18. #68  
    synplex's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Anyone have any idea when the Bluetooth headsets will be released and any ideas on a price range?
  19. #69  
    synplex's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    So after having my Toq for a little under 2 days I figured out that if you tap the center of the swipe senor bar on certain watch faces it changes the Background/color on that face watch. It seems to work on about 4 watchfaces (Stocks, Typography,etc). I also call Qualcomm to ask them about the Headsets, SDK and waterproofing. The Support Rep I got on the phone mention that the Headsets will be released soon (Q1 2014) and will be sold by themselves and in a Premium Music Bundle (maybe a Watch/headset bundle?), no pricing as of yet. The SDK will also be released soon (no date given). And for waterproofing, he mentioned that it was water resistant but not water proof in any way. He even recommended me to remove my watch while washing dishes =-/
    After owning a Pebble and Sony SW2 I was really hoping for another water proof watch. Either way I love my Toq and its only missing a Tasker app for me to consider it complete.
  20. #70  
    synplex's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    @kjancaitis
    When a text msg is open tap on the screen then choose the bubble icon to send a quick reply.
  21. #71  
    synplex's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    comparing the pebble, sony sw2, and toq
    I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!-1221130213.jpgI've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!-1220131925b.jpg
  22. #72  

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Attachment 95380

    Like the title says. Whatchy'all wanna know?
    Hello!
    I have been going crazy deciding on a Smart Watch...first logical oen was the Sony Smartwatch 2 since I got the Xperia Z Ultra but it was not what I expected. Then the Pebble but it felt too 90s...then the SmartQ Z and was almost ready to go for it when I saw the ZGPAX S5 which really got a lot closer to what I wanted. Even though notifications are not all there yet, its the closest to my needs and at a good price.
    But just as I was ready to buy, I saw this one now..which is though a lot more expensive.
    Have you compared it to either the SmartQ or more interestingly the ZGPAX by any chance?
    Just trying to understand what I get by getting this one instead.
    Thanks!
  23. #73  
    chortya's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Recieved my Toq today. Is it possible to switch to metric weather somehow?

    Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
  24. #74  

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    I'm not Phil, but I have a Toq.

    The answer is no.
  25. #75  
    danainsd's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

    Once you pair it with a phone the time and date work even after you unpair it....but that's it
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 10:49 PM
  2. What do you miss about your former phone
    By nettech207 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 08:58 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 06:51 AM
  4. Galaxy Nexus owner has questions about the Nexus 5
    By bjrosen in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 04:25 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions