Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

Quote Originally Posted by chortya View Post
    Recieved my Toq today. Is it possible to switch to metric weather somehow?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
    I have the same query. Just got my toq the other day and everything's been excellent so far. Truly the best smartwatch out there right now.

I understand that with the watch face with the ambient temperature, the Toq pulls this data from accuweather on its own. There appears to be no way to change to metric. Unless someone else has found a way....

Anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Do any of the watch faces show seconds? If not is there some convenient way to do a stop watch or timer on it with not more than 2 button pushes or swipes? Interested in the watch, but need to be able to measure respiratory rates, pulses etc. If I have to have an app continuously running to get seconds, does anyone know how this affects battery life?
    Thanks,
    ken

Had my Toq for four days now and as far ad I can tell none of the watch faces feature or show seconds.

A stopwatch app is surely needed for this watch...

Mayor of Awesometown

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by superairwolf View Post
    A stopwatch app is surely needed for this watch...
    I've been trying to get an answer out of Qualcomm if there's some sort of physical limitation with Mirasol regarding showing seconds (either numerically or a second hand), so far with no luck (they didn't seem to understand my question, thought I was asking if any of the current watch faces supported seconds). I'm wondering if it drains the battery more or something, but I'd give up a day or two of battery life for a sweep second hand (which would mean I'd still get 4 days out of a charge ).
    JT
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7 LTE, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    AT&T, T-Mobile

I doubt having sweep seconds should drain battery life. The Pebble, using mono e ink has watch faces with sweep seconds as shown on the version 2 in steel watch casing. I don't suppose pebble would do that if battery life takes a serious hit. Sure hope a sweep seconds feature on a watch face on our Toq, analog or digital, will come out on the next update. I'd pay for one if an app like that comes out too.

Mayor of Awesometown

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

I just got a tweet back from Qualcomm and they said there's no physical limitation and implied that a developer could implement a second hand or stopwatch face once the SDK is released:
    I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!-toqsupport.jpg

Which of course begs the question: why didn't they do at least one watchface with seconds just as an example?
    JT
    AT&T, T-Mobile

Thanks Jeffrey for this info.

I'm just hoping they release the SDK soon and that an app appears soon.

A sweep seconds watch face whether analog or digital and and timer app would really rock.

Qualcomm should really have included at least one watch face with sweep seconds.

Oh well, a small setback. I still consider my Toq as the best smart watch, both in function and in looks, versus my Pebble, which I already sold, because I never developed a liking for the way it looks, and Cookoo which I kept - I like the way it looks despite the fact it just delivers notifications through simple icons with no text.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mayor of Awesometown

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

The latest software update addresses one of Phil's complaints when you get multiple notifications from an app at the same time (primarily email). For example I used to get an email notification and it would have 3 or 4 subject lines all run together if the Android Notification bar was showing several emails (i.e. the "3 new messages"). Now it put a separator bar between the multiple messages included in the single notification, they look really good as you scroll through them. Nice!
    JT
    AT&T, T-Mobile

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    The latest software update addresses one of Phil's complaints when you get multiple notifications from an app at the same time (primarily email). For example I used to get an email notification and it would have 3 or 4 subject lines all run together if the Android Notification bar was showing several emails (i.e. the "3 new messages"). Now it put a separator bar between the multiple messages included in the single notification, they look really good as you scroll through them. Nice!
    I'd rather get 3 separate notifications than a summary report.

Message contents seem to be missing from all my notifications as of this past release as well. Not sure if this is a side effect of KitKat or not though, but kills the Toq's utility if I can't preview message bodies.

Does Toq support multiple languages such as Korean or Japanese? If I am not able to see any notification with a language other than English, that might be useless.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Did any of you guys know that the Toq watch has a mic on its body?
    I just found out from that Tech support that there's a Mic hole located on the body right where the strap has that "u" shape cut-out.
    They will apparently activate it "Soon" with the release of the Wireless headsets to make and receive phone calls on the Watch.
    This was all new News to me!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234