I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Presuming the purchase was not directly out of your back pocket Phil would you purchase one or wait for the technology to expand? Personally I'm not much of a watch man. The ones I do like are way too expensive and doesn't usually look like they are worth that much haha. I have bad choices ha.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine just came. This thing is begging for a developer community. The phone app is very well thought out -- has a big jump on the "out of box" experience over the Pebble for sure. Notifications are very nicely handled, and a big bonus surprise was being able to scroll through ENTIRE emails, not just a few characters.

Functionally still just a wrist-based notification system, but definitely has a very premium feel to it and the Mirasol display really adds a little extra something. Glad I got the jump on pre-ordering. This a watch just for the Android guys right now, and it's nice to have an out of box Android accessory experience that just works (paired with my Droid Maxx).

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it water proof or resistant?
Not advertised to be. Would guess no.

Notification stacking needs a lot of work -- if I get spaced out notifications, it seems to handle it gracefully. Multiple email notifications get grouped and become useless (can't expand them).

drrobg

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Can you see entire month of calendar or just the current date? Can you read full or partial Texts & Emails? For Digital display on clock, do you have option on format like traditional or military time?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Not advertised to be. Would guess no.

Notification stacking needs a lot of work -- if I get spaced out notifications, it seems to handle it gracefully. Multiple email notifications get grouped and become useless (can't expand them).

Completely agree on the stacked notifications. It's a mess.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Presuming the purchase was not directly out of your back pocket Phil would you purchase one or wait for the technology to expand? Personally I'm not much of a watch man. The ones I do like are way too expensive and doesn't usually look like they are worth that much haha. I have bad choices ha.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

$350 is a lot. If I had to choose, I'd go Pebble.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Mine just came. This thing is begging for a developer community. The phone app is very well thought out -- has a big jump on the "out of box" experience over the Pebble for sure. Notifications are very nicely handled, and a big bonus surprise was being able to scroll through ENTIRE emails, not just a few characters.

Functionally still just a wrist-based notification system, but definitely has a very premium feel to it and the Mirasol display really adds a little extra something. Glad I got the jump on pre-ordering. This a watch just for the Android guys right now, and it's nice to have an out of box Android accessory experience that just works (paired with my Droid Maxx).

Agree with a lot of that, but I think it was more difficult out of the box. Have to cut the strap, UI not quite as intuitive — and the charger. It's weird, but it works.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil, any idea why the watch faces keep changing color? I like the simple analog face with the date, but it randomly changes between a black face and a white face (I want white!). All the screens seem to be rotating through colors randomly. Just showing off the Mirasol tech?

Because they're not all black and white, I reckon. :)

chortya

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I have also pre-ordered, still waiting for shipping notification.
How do the WhatsApp and Exchange notifications look like? Could you please post a screen?

Dalip Singh

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Outgoing voice not being heard only picture,but incoming calls can be seen well and heard too.......

I have a Samsung GT-18552 DUOS and my internet wi-fi shows 'very Strong' signal too,but have wasted enough time locating any sight which can help trouble shoot this issue,as a matter of fact,my son sitting in the next room same house with same wi-fy cannot hear me on Tango,but I can clearly see & hear him.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I also assume not. That's kind of a big deal for me. OTOH, at least they haven't said, "Erm, sort of" like the Galaxy Gear. Give me a straight answer.

"Treat it like your smart phone" is what I got on Twitter - good thing I don't have an Xperia Z or I would have showered with it on ;)

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Because they're not all black and white, I reckon. :)

Ha, well what I mean is you pick a watch face, you expect it to stay looking like the one you pick. That analog face keeps randomly alternating between dark and light; the three square "weather" face keeps changing the background colors. I don't like the dark faces as I'm looking for higher contrast. Just seems weird that they randomly during the day change color without any user input.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have also pre-ordered, still waiting for shipping notification.
How do the WhatsApp and Exchange notifications look like? Could you please post a screen?

All the notifications look about the same - you get all the text you would see when you expand a notification on your phone. For Exchange emails this includes the sender, the subject line, then the first couple of lines of message body text. Here's an example:
EASnotification.jpg

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
That analog face keeps randomly alternating between dark and light; the three square "weather" face keeps changing the background colors. I don't like the dark faces as I'm looking for higher contrast. Just seems weird that they randomly during the day change color without any user input.

Yeah... this has been driving me nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol