I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
How would you compare this to Galaxy Gear? I'm going to pick one of the two up soon.

[That charge is rather strange by the way.]

acaplinger

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
How about a Live Hangout instead? I would imagine most people who are at all interested would like to see it in action.

In lieu of that, how heavy and/or thick is it?

-Andrew

FragU

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't see the screen in the picture through all the hair - any chance you can weed-wack some of that back a little?

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Can you get rid of the Settings icon? Can you pick apps on the start screen? How about other software tweaks - API? Clock faces? What feels the best out of Gear, Pebble and this? Thanks!

soulster11

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Gear when I got an invite to Google Glass. However, I miss my watch. So how does it compare to the Gear? What does the app store look like?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How would you compare this to Galaxy Gear? I'm going to pick one of the two up soon.

[That charge is rather strange by the way.]

Definitely a different look and feel. The Gear (love the industrial design) looks and feels like a Samsung device. This is something else — but I'm also very impressed so far. Biggest difference has got to be the display.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you get rid of the Settings icon? Can you pick apps on the start screen? How about other software tweaks - API? Clock faces? What feels the best out of Gear, Pebble and this? Thanks!

No, no, not sure, lots of clock faces to choose from.

Let's try to keep the questions short. lol

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Screen looks decent in the picture, but how is it in person?

Yeah, some of that's the toning I did to the picture. The screen doesn't look hazy or faded or anything, but it's just not as ... crisp, maybe? ... as I'm used to. Less contrast than the Pebble maybe is what I'm thinking?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How is the physical clunkiness compared to Pebble? Does the battery cause discomfort when placing wrist down on hard surface?

Only had it on a couple hours now, but it's more comfortable than I would have thought. Maybe even better than the Pebble?

I'm not a watch guy, so I often take them off when on a desk or something, for the reason you mentioned.

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
How do you think the screen compares to the galaxy gear? From the pictures it kind of reminds me of the first blackberries with colored screens...btw I ordered one of these and I own the Galaxy gear. I'll likely be returning one of the or who knows I might keep them both!