Battery Test in Progress

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I started yesterday at 8:30 AM with 100% battery on the Toq (took it right off the charger). It's been 28 hours and I have 73% remaining. If that battery consumption stays consistent, I should get a little over 4 days out of the Toq battery. I'm gonna let it get to the "red" before I put it back on the charger so I can see how it does, but so far that's pretty good!

How's everyone else doing?

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
With heavy use and some backlight, I ended my first day around 68%. Loving this watch way more than my Pebble. It totally needs a dev community to extend its awesomeness.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Wednesday Update: 5 full days (122 hours so far) and battery is at 39%. However, I can't really count yesterday as I wore a nice automatic watch all day since I was in a suit for meetings and a dinner, so the watch sat at home in airplane mode all day. The Toq still kept perfect time and didn't use a single percentage of battery while in airplane mode for 24 hours, which is pretty cool itself. Also I should mention that when I go to bed each night I've been putting the Toq in airplane mode and then turning airplane mode off when I put it on again in the morning, so there's been 6 hours each day when the Toq has been idle. I consider this to be my normal usage pattern since I don't want to put it on in the morning and have a ton of twitter notifications stacked up on it, there's no point.

So based on my usage pattern it looks like I should get over 6 days out of a single charge on the Toq. The batter drain has been very linear so far (if you discount yesterday's "airplane mode day").

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca