Toq apps ideas

chortya

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
As far as I understand Qualcomm will release the Toq SDK soon. I have some app ideas already :)

-Music player that has full Google Music Player control including music browsing/selection
-Plex remote control
-Samsung SmartTV remote control

What ideas/wishes do you have?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Pedometer.... or some sort of health app. I own a galaxy gear and really like the S health integration it comes with. Voice memo would be nice too.

Posted via Android Central App

RTNLNA

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I want a nice scientific calculator app/applet!
It should do a good job with colors like "Shake Calc - Calculator".
Small and few keys like the "Calculator SmartWatch 2" for the sony.

EXCEPT!
The it should work with bluetooth off,
all the calculations need to happen in the watch.

my two cents

mhoepfin

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
So the SDK only allows you to send notifications to the watch, or create non-interactive deck of cards like weather and stocks that are text only.

I could take Pebble Notifier which is open source and port it to work for notifications (they are formatted a little better than what Qualcomm has done in my opinion). It also has the ability to integrate with Tasker, I think just for sending notifications. Also it supports only sending when the screen is off and some other nice things.

I've thought about creating a simple RSS app that will send a feed (something like breaking news) to the watch as a deck of cards.

Other than a more enhanced weather app, that's pretty much what I've thought about.

Anyone else have ideas that are doable given the constraints I mentioned above?

ensoniq2k

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I released a rss reader for the toq called toq rss reader.

The camera controller sounds like a good idea. Combined with some other features like phone battery and network status it could make a neat applet.

I was also thinking about an app that receives text and maybe images from the Android "share" function in other apps. This way you could send information you need to remember to the watch.

With the current sdk it is also possible to send images to the watch, even though they have to match the clocks resolution I think.

It is also possible to write native apps in lua if you like to fiddle around. The stop watch app is written like this and stored as a zip file insider the toq app from Qualcomm. I was able to modify the all joyn app for testing purpose. Since it is loaded to the clock after activating it in the app it could be used as a container for a custom app. It should also be possible to extend the toq app with even more customized lua apps.

Some chinese guy on the internet was also able to change the watchfaces since some of them are also scripted. They work with .img files for graphics and he also wrote a script to convert bitmaps to into this format. Unfortunately I forgot his nickname. He posted those images on Twitter.

Regards ensoniq2k

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta