craziest thing you did with your Pi

kurtgn

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
what's the craziest thing you did with your shiny new (or not that shiny anymore) Pi?
As for me, I am trying to build a lightbulb controller for my house. This is the coolest piece of technology ever.

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Tried turning it into a iTunes server once, then a Time Machine backup server another time, but still figuring out the USB storage issue (device names really). Been thinking of making it a basic distraction-free writing machine.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife's uncle is using it to measure co2 emissions on his home-brewed beer so he knows when to take it off the yeast or something... And he monitors it remotely from his pc... Pretty nerdy stuff

Posted via the Android Central App

jmshub

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
My boss set one up to monitor a network cabinet in one of our locations. Temp probe sends alerts to our IT team when the AC goes down, and he is testing a webcam for picture alerts when someone comes in.

I had one set up to open my garage doors. It only worked on my wifi network, I want to rewrite it so I can have it outside the network, and monitor, open and close my garage doors from my phone, anywhere.

JamesDugan29

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I am currently researching how to make a touchscreen tablet, looking for some help but I'll get it done soon. Also looking to build a custom couch with a touchscreen built into it. Got a few ideas just need a little more info to put them into play!

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
After having 4 packages stolen, during the holiday season, I used MotionEye (surveillance OS) to catch the package theif.

I purchased 2 Pi cameras and hid them in a Christmas wreath from my front door. I planted a brick in a box and left it for the theif who took the bait after 3 days! The theif violated his parole and is sitting in jail while waiting to go to trial for this occurrence.

1485388219720.jpg1485388238302.jpg1485388248973.jpg

Last edited:

Marry_Pi

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Probably, not the craziest, but still... My personal user-case on how I've made Skype work great on Raspbian.

For me, this result seems a bit faster and more stable video streaming and less overall lagging. Learn from my Skype on RPi article.

P.S. This guide is likely to be applicable to other ARM devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs