HD Dock!! Wow

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Got the dock today. I have a rii Bluetooth mini keyboard with touch pad for mouse to go with it... Let me say.. This is sick!!! It's like google TV but better! Anyone else have one? Any one have questions or w/e? Enjoy the holidays!

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Give me a few and I can try them. Albeit my phone sits next to my router so i'm on wifi, but I can try the 4g for you.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting the HD Dock today. Yeah, totally worth it. Can't wait until the Smart Controller I ordered from Verizon shows up later this week.

Reactions: delco714

RRollergod

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Love mine, but when I plugged it into my TV and TV ONLY, loaded up the lapdock, and watched a Youtube video it was small. So I hit the fullscreen button and now the lapdock is frozen. I tried to reset all data for the dock app but nothing is fixing it.

soXratys

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there a difference between using the HD Dock vs connecting an HDMI cable from phone to TV?

Here, here .... trying to figure out what this thread is about:

HD Dock?

HDMI out to TV?

I've been able to "Mirror on Display" to TV with all programs so far without any glitches, i.e., Browser, Youtube, MX Video Player Pro, in full stretch landscape mode.

As far as I know (please anyone, share to the contrary), the HD Dock serves as a desktop charger with simultaneous HDMI out functionality and the abilty to serve as a desktop digital clock while charging.

How does Smart Controller come into play?

BTW, HD Dock does ROCK!!

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You're exactly right with the functions of the HD Dock, and the Smart Controller is supposed to let you control what's on the screen from across the room. It can also take calls so you don't have to unplug the phone from the dock.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Dock comes with power cord butno hdmi though. For that I suggest accstation or eforcity sellers on Ebay.

I have used hdmi sans dock and it uses mirror. It does not activate Web top. The web top is what makes this awesome. They give you a pip set up where a small part of screen is the mirror of your phone, the rest is like a regular computer desktop with full Firefox! And please let us know how that smart controller is. looks awesome!

Reactions: impostor71

soXratys

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You're exactly right with the functions of the HD Dock, and the Smart Controller is supposed to let you control what's on the screen from across the room. It can also take calls so you don't have to unplug the phone from the dock.

Oooops, my bad... I didn't realize Smart Controller was a separate hardware accessory (I was confusing it with Smart Actions). This phone just DOES too much. Now, another thing to put on my list. Got the Lapdock 100, haven't used it yet because I was kind of waiting for the 500 Pro to make it on the market (it's on Verizon's website but, not in stores yet). However, I think it will be too big and heavy (compared to the 100) and, therefore, it will lose that light and portable practicality.

For those asking later in the thread:
The HD Multimedia Dock is packaged with two pricepoints.
Both the $59.99 and $99.99, respectively, include the Micro USB Wall Charger/AC Adapter; the $99.99 package also includea the Micro HDMI cable.

sparky619

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I got my HD Dock in today and tried to watch NFL Network on NFL Mobile app on my tv but it keeps giving me a error that says "HDMI/Tv out cable is plugged in". Anyone else get this? Is the app blocking output to a TV? Tried it with just the cable and same error. I have a Droid Razr

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I got my HD Dock in today and tried to watch NFL Network on NFL Mobile app on my tv but it keeps giving me a error that says "HDMI/Tv out cable is plugged in". Anyone else get this? Is the app blocking output to a TV? Tried it with just the cable and same error. I have a Droid Razr

Yes, the NFL is VERY protective of their property and doesn't want anyone connecting their phone and watching games on a TV. Not sure why since you get the games over the air but that's the NFL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

vzwluvr

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just received my dock and I can't get it to work for the life of me. When I connect it I only get the same drop down options add us I just directly connect my phone to the hdmi cable. I do not get the webtop option, office option or clock radio option. I'm confused someone please help me :(

Edit: never mind idk what I did but I got it to work. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz