1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lapdock

For those of you who have purchased either of the lapdocks, how often do you use it? The reason I ask is I picked up the lapdock 100 for my wife for Christmas and she hardly uses it. I've used it some and I will admit the 10" screen is a little bit of a pain, but overall I personally feel that the overall experience is better than a tablet. I travel quite a bit for work and my company laptop is somewhat restricted for security reasons so I've been thinking about getting the Razr Maxx in April when we have another upgrade so I can have the ability to have a "laptop" when I travel.

Thoughts/opinions?

Default Re: Lapdock

Don't use mine a lot. Only when I travel. You might like the lapdock 500 more because it is larger.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadog View Post
    Don't use mine a lot. Only when I travel. You might like the lapdock 500 more because it is larger.
    Also it actually lives up to the name and docks the phone, the 100 model just kind of connects it.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

I bought the LapDock 500 and used it that first day. Then after carrying it around in my briefcase for two weeks and not using it ONCE, I returned it.

If I ever run in to a situation where I would want one I'll buy it again, but I don't know what that situation will be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Is there a difference in the lapdock 500 from Motorola and the lapdock 500 for the DROID RAZR? Are they both the same? Cus when the Razr was announced, I remember a whole lot of Accessories were to come out for it. And the lapdock 500 didn't come out until later on, while other universal lapdocks came out that were compatible with the Razr, Maxx, and DROID 4. The one where a cable comes out and lets u have ur phone to the side.

Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dontlookatme View Post
    Is there a difference in the lapdock 500 from Motorola and the lapdock 500 for the DROID RAZR? Are they both the same? Cus when the Razr was announced, I remember a whole lot of Accessories were to come out for it. And the lapdock 500 didn't come out until later on, while other universal lapdocks came out that were compatible with the Razr, Maxx, and DROID 4. The one where a cable comes out and lets u have ur phone to the side.

They're one and the same.

Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by dontlookatme View Post

Lapdock 500 was announced and before the RAZR which was the first handset to fully support it. The last phone to have it's own lapdock (at least on Verizon) was the Bionic. Going forward all webtop phones will support Lapdock 100 and 500.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Lapdock 500 can be had at VZW onilne today for $150!!! You may need to log out or clear cookies to see it and the $150 doesn't show until you are ready to check out.

Yup. Got mine.

U have to pay 150 now then the rest later on. Right?