How to root razr. Youtube vid.

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Update. Totally worked. I now have super user on my Maxx. About to do a TitaniumBackup. I'm a noob but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cuda

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Good question. Haven't looked into it yet. Let me know if you find anything. Good thing to have when ICS rolls out. I'll update if I find anything.

Cuda

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
As for un rooting, couldn't you do a factory reset and then restore your apps with titanium backup? Btw, everyone needs to run rootkeeper since the official ics ota is about to come out.

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Also I don't think you needed to unroot in order to get the update. It should update and return you to stock. Thus the need for rootkeeper.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Follow this to unroot. I have used it and works perfect. Also you have to be stock rooted with no bloatware frozen or deleted to take the OTA or the update will fail.

How To Unroot the Motorola Droid Razr - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Will this unroot method work on the Video root method from post 1 on this thread????

Website disclaimer reads: this method of unrooting is ONLY to be used if you used our root procedure! This script is specifically designed to undo the changes that DooMLoRD?s root script made. If you used another root method and you use this unroot method, you may brick your device!

so I just wanna make sure this unroot method works on the video Cuba posted in post 1. I have rootkeeper, which, theoretically, should work. Temp unroot. OTA. and re-root.

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The way I understand it is that you don't have to unroot. Just don't have any roms running (i.e. Stock) and have all of the bloatware unfrozen through titanium backup. My plan is to leave everything frozen and let the update fail if it tries to load without my permission then wait and see what the reviews sound like and see if any bugs pop up. I'm perfectly happy with my Maxx right now and I'm going to have to have some compelling reasons and confirmed lack of bugs before I let my phone upgrade.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Will this unroot method work on the Video root method from post 1 on this thread????

Website disclaimer reads: this method of unrooting is ONLY to be used if you used our root procedure! This script is specifically designed to undo the changes that DooMLoRD’s root script made. If you used another root method and you use this unroot method, you may brick your device!

so I just wanna make sure this unroot method works on the video Cuba posted in post 1. I have rootkeeper, which, theoretically, should work. Temp unroot. OTA. and re-root.

Yes, if used the root method of this thread, this unrooting procedure will work. I had to investigate for my self but it does work I have used it personally.

Let me dig and find it to be 100% sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: androidcore

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if used the root method of this thread, this unrooting procedure will work. I had to investigate for my self but it does work I have used it personally.

Let me dig and find it to be 100% sure.

awesome dumpedduce!!! This will be my backup in case rootkeeper fails. (wanna fully test rootkeeper myself--been begging for that kind of app since early 2010) lol

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I can not find the link between the two so I wouldn't recommend using it unless you really had to. I know I have used it and phone was fine but then again might not go the same for everyone else.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just an update. I ran doomlords unroot script again and I can verify that it all worked out for me with no problem. The problem I did have tho, is I decided to use his root script this time around and had no luck with it. Opened up motofail and first time like a charm with 0 issues.

Moral of post, DoomLords Unroot script will work with motofail root script. I have verified this twice now personally with my own device.

Reactions: Cuda52774

Cuda52774

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
i tried this but i dont think it worked. can i try it again or do i have to unroot first and then retry?

If it didn't work then why would you have to unroot? Make sure you have USB debugging clicked. I had to re-do this today due to getting a refurb phone from Verizon. Had it rooted in under five mins and still watched the video to make sure I was doing it correctly.

Check to see if "Super User" is in your app drawer to see if it worked.

Cuda