Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jl1967
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you Root ICS after the update?

I tried using razr utility 1.6 after the update...but I must have done something wrong....can someone provide some help?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Default Re: How do you Root ICS after the update?

I believe they have 1.7 that works with 4.0.4... Droid Razr Utility 1.7 [For Ics And Those Who Want To Go To Ics] - DroidRzr.com... check out Option 3.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by 3:

Can you get jelly bean with a root?? Someone said you could and if you can can I plz get help with it I'm new at this

Quote Originally Posted by droidman8822 View Post
    Can you get jelly bean with a root?? Someone said you could and if you can can I plz get help with it I'm new at this
    Not right now... be patient and someone will create a custom JB ROM for the Razr... but it's not available yet.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

ROM
    KangBang/Stock

After OTA, you need to update your window driver from Motorola too in order to recognize your device before you run Utility 1.8 which is newest version. I did factory reset after OTA .

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html
    Thanked by:
    bryann22 likes this.

ROM
    ICS

Also a problem i ran into, i had to delete ALL other drivers. Such a headache, but it worked for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums