I need help w my razt root!

Tyler Jester

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, i am trying to root my razr. i have downloaded a couple different root programs neither of which i can get to work properly. they both need unpacked as they are zipped, which could be the problem as i am not sure i am doing that properly, although the programs within the file all open when prompted. plz help. i have rooted two motos prior to this and neither were as difficult. thanks in advance!

Tyler Jester

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Sent from my DROID RAZR
I am running 4.0.4. I have downloaded that on my laptop but cant get the script to run. When i press any key it just goes straight to u are rooted and does nothing to the phone.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you're following our directions in the thread to a tee? Make sure usb debugging is on and you have all your latest drivers.

A big problem some people have is they put the files for the utility in a different location. When you download the utility, create a folder that is called matts utility on your desktop and extract everything to that folder. From there you will open the utility.bat file.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

THE JOKER db 18

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I am new to this but i need help my ex is i guess you would say tethering into my phone through text and or widget apps how can i combat this or get into her phone need help

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean tethering into your phone? Do you mean hacking into it? If so It's illegal and very unlikely she would be able to figure out how to, unless she managed to install an app that would allow something like that.

If you are that worried about it I would just do a factory reset and make sure you uncheck the box that let's you keep your phone synced with Google, that way the app won't install itself again.

THE JOKER db 18

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
When she uses her keyboard it has orange color keys. I saw the weather app widget on her computer and the she sent me a text when i opned it i was not able to put that widget in the trash also saw in my g mail history an Mi. I p address thanks for helping

Tyler Jester

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums i have all the drivers. When i download the file it goes to seven zip. I move it from 7 zip to a newly created folder on the desktop. The problem is that i cannot get anything to happen from 7zip or the new folder i create. Hell, i honestly dont know if the file is unzipped, but i assume it is since i can open it..... idk what im doing wrong here. Used to be i could just put the file on my phone, hold power and volume and upload the root from the sd. Just a buncha new and i got no clue lol

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
What you need to do is actually extract it, not just move it. The reason is because when you extract it it unzips all files to the location you provide.

Not sure about 7 zip as I use winzip. But there should be a right click menu that says something along the lines of "extract files to..." select that and then select the folder that you created. There should be a bunch of files and folders and they all need to stay there, then open it using the
.bat file

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Go ahead and post a comment in the root thread, so bradenfontaine can see it and help me out as I've been busy to get on the forums a lot lately