RAZR - HELP!!! Bricked my wife's phone!

eolsgaard

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm a semi-amateur at rooting, and I'm worried I bricked my wife's Droid Razr MAXX.

Here's what happened:

A year ago, I rooted her Razr and installed safestrap, which came with its TWRP interface. It had been running slow, so yesterday I said I'd put her on a new ROM. I installed CM 10.1.3 and everything seemed to go smoothly. After I'd finished the install of the ROM, using safestrap and TWRP, I reinstalled all her apps and everything.

Then I reinstalled SuperSU, VooDoo OTA Rootkeeper, and Safestrap v2.11. I ran safestrap and noticed it said it didn't have custom recovery installed, even though I knew it did. I don't know why, but I hit the button to install custom recovery.

Well, her phone was being screwy so she reset it at work. It then began to bootloop, and she turned it off (power + vol up + vol down). I turned it on, the safestrap splash screen showed, and I hit "menu" to boot into recovery.

Instead of TWRP, I am getting the green and black stock recovery screen. Uh oh, right? So I don't know what to do now. I wiped cache and dalvik to see if it'd reboot, but still, it bootloops.

Do I hit "Disable Safestrap (if stuck in recovery)"? I'm afraid to do anything at this point, out of fear of bricking her device. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm going to guess that she probably did a factory reset thru Settings. That is always a no no when rooted, running a custom ROM. But its a common mistake so don't be too hard on the wife ;)

I'm not familiar with RAZR's rooting process but its clear you need to push the custom recovery back to the device to get moving again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance