Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default ICS is great, lap dock 3.0 sucks...

So i took the plunge and installed the leaked ICS on my Razr. I am so glad I did it. It was everything I was hoping it would be. Couldn't be happier... then I plugged it in to my lapdock.

I was horrified by what I saw. I lost the Full web browser, and it was replaced by a full size mobile browser. SO not the same thing. Then I started opening up apps and to my horror they adjusted themselves to the screen to the point where they are almost not usable. I used to really love my lap dock. Now I don't know if I want to keep it... I already have a tablet, I have no need for a tablet emulator. I want a lap dock as advertised when I bought this thing.

Just venting. I want the old lap dock interface back. Newer is definately not better in this case.
    "In valor, there is hope."

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: ICS is great, lap dock 3.0 sucks...

I'll give you $50 for it.... Seriously, how's the down time treating you?
    Bryan
    Curve 8530 > OG Droid > DInc 2 > OG Storm > Droid Pro > Droid 3 > Droid RAZR > Galaxy SII > Nexus 4

This makes me sad.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM

My guess is that this is one of the things that kept the leak from being the OTA. I recall reading some good things about the new lapdock inferface from the 6.14.84 leak. Of course, with all the hoopla surrounding that leak and the inability to SBF back to 173 or 181, I never summoned the courage to put it on my phone. My point is, let's put our pitchforks away until we see the official release.
    Bryan
    Curve 8530 > OG Droid > DInc 2 > OG Storm > Droid Pro > Droid 3 > Droid RAZR > Galaxy SII > Nexus 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hey Bryan, still healing from the surgery.

As I use it more I hesitate to say it is growing on me, but I see where people will like it. My is that it is a lap dock, not a tablet. I have a tablet, and when I want to use it, I do. The lap dock has a whole other function in my life and this new version tries to confuse the two. And one of the biggest draws was the full web browser, which is just gone. At first blush, it's pretty cool. Then as you start to use apps, some work ok and some just don't because the aspect ratio is out of control. If you could adjust it somehow that would be much better, like say, how you could on the OLD lap dock...
    "In valor, there is hope."

Interesting. I just got the OTA upgrade to ICS over the weekend, and it actually bricked my Lapdock 500, I get a message saying something like "Unfortunately, the IU has stopped working". Verizon said they are aware and that it will be September before a fix is released. They put the problem on Motorola, said I should contact them if I would like to roll back to Gingerbread in the meantime. How is this possible? Seriously, they didn't know about this?

Norgi, use a different launcher and it will fix the crash!

ROM
    .232 ICS Leak

You should be getting a fix soon as the webtop 3.0 in the Bionic leak (.230) works perfectly. Clearing Moto has figured it out, and either I'd expect an OTA fix soon or else someone will port webtop over.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,722 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    So i took the plunge and installed the leaked ICS on my Razr. I am so glad I did it. It was everything I was hoping it would be. Couldn't be happier... then I plugged it in to my lapdock.

I was horrified by what I saw. I lost the Full web browser, and it was replaced by a full size mobile browser. SO not the same thing. Then I started opening up apps and to my horror they adjusted themselves to the screen to the point where they are almost not usable. I used to really love my lap dock. Now I don't know if I want to keep it... I already have a tablet, I have no need for a tablet emulator. I want a lap dock as advertised when I bought this thing.

Just venting. I want the old lap dock interface back. Newer is definately not better in this case.
    What apps were you using?

Webtop 3.0 has been great for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

The old webtop sucked, always getting a out of memory error. Webtop 3.0 is better making it more usable now and most of the apps rotate to the webtop mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,722 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jahciple View Post
    The old webtop sucked, always getting a out of memory error. Webtop 3.0 is better making it more usable now and most of the apps rotate to the webtop mode.

Agreed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

That sucks about the lapdock......I can report that the car dock is back to where it was on 2.0. The gingerbread dock blew. You could only add one custom app to the interface. Now you can add multiple app shortcuts and it is organized by music, calling, etc