Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By warren7127
  • 2 Post By carracerz14
  • 1 Post By carracerz14
  • 1 Post By carracerz14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Root anxiety, advice needed

I'd like to root my Razr and remove all the crapware. Will doing so help to improve the performance and/or battery life? The words 'void warranty' give me cold sweats however. If you root, and something happens to the phone and you need to get a warranty replacement, will they be able to tell its been rooted, even if you unroot? Anyone have any experience or knowledge on getting a warranty replacement on a phone that has been rooted?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

Hell I've returned rooted phones with no problem. If you unroot you'll be fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

In my case I had thunderbolt 11 months. About 9 of that was rooted. I woke up one morning to a completely dead phone. Itnhad been working when it went on the charger.

In my case I could not have unrooted if I wanted to. They sent warranty replacement. I sent dead tbolt back, no problem with the exchange.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Bond32 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Awesome, thanks for the replies. Rooted Razr here I come

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Re: Root anxiety, advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by Cbollo View Post
    I'd like to root my Razr and remove all the crapware. Will doing so help to improve the performance and/or battery life? The words 'void warranty' give me cold sweats however. If you root, and something happens to the phone and you need to get a warranty replacement, will they be able to tell its been rooted, even if you unroot? Anyone have any experience or knowledge on getting a warranty replacement on a phone that has been rooted?

Or you can do as I did today... We have this magnet crane at work, strong enough to pick up a semi truck & pitch it like a tonka toy. Wrapped my bricked maxx up in a shop towel & had Earl zap the s#!t out of it... no more traces of root new maxx arrives tomorrow

Yes, battery is better after root, much better. Its easy to root, and hard to fully brick your phone. Just follow the instructions. I liked to read them a few times first. Its a little more difficult to install roms, But at first you could try rooting and then getting an app to freeze unneeded apps to improve the phones performance and battery, and then when comfortable, install new roms. But dont be afraid to root. If it seems too difficult, dont do it.

Global Posts
    1,314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilium View Post
    Or you can do as I did today... We have this magnet crane at work, strong enough to pick up a semi truck & pitch it like a tonka toy. Wrapped my bricked maxx up in a shop towel & had Earl zap the s#!t out of it... no more traces of root new maxx arrives tomorrow
    Classic. Lol.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/t...-Utility-1.81-[Windows]-For-Verizon-Droid-Razr/maxx-Only! easiest way....if not on ics search for 1.6 utility

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I rooted my Maxx for the first time this weekend using the
    1.81 utility, it took less than 3 minutes and worked flawlessly. This with the .215 leak too.
    Sent from my Razr Maxx

ROM
    Arctic HD

People who brick they're phones by rooting and messing with them, and not even trying to recover them are exactly the reason why carriers are against rooting. 99 percent of the time you can recover a bricked phone

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine and bryann22 like this.

ROM
    ICS

Don't remove, always disable bloatware since we can on ICS....if i ever had to send back,i always flashed my recovery that was stock unrooted....never had a problem

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

remember ladies and gents, verizon and motorola does have a way to see if we EVER have rooted... at least they do now.

Motorola installing "root checker" on Verizon ICS devices
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

ROM
    Arctic HD

Eh. I'm partial on I'd that's really want is is.

People have reported it saying 1/1 or 0/1 even though they have never rooted.

Also they can't deny your warranty for simply rooting, there are laws on place that prohibit companies from doing things like that.

They would actually have to prove that by you rooting your phone it caused the issue you are requesting warranty work for, and if it's something hardware like a broken headphone jack then there will be no way for them to prove rooting was the sole cause of the issue, because rooting has nothing to do with hardware issues 90 percent of the time.

Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    remember ladies and gents, verizon and motorola does have a way to see if we EVER have rooted... at least they do now.

Motorola installing "root checker" on Verizon ICS devices
    Why'd they take back mine that was rooted then unrooted?(icsRAZR)

ROM
    ICS

Someone will come up with a way to alter that...great devs out there

The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by bryann22 View Post
    Why'd they take back mine that was rooted then unrooted?(icsRAZR)

it is a somewhat new thing and we dont know much about it yet. i doubt the guy at the Verizon store eve knows it exists. i believe it is the early stages of something bigger honestly. they may initially take it back. but once they send it off to the factory, then it may be discovered that it has been rooted, they forward that info to Big red, and they end up charging you account for the whole price. it is not under of, it has happened. just a forewarning that's all.

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

ROM
    ICS

I noticed AVG told me i was rooted....hmmm

The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

It is quite easy to tell...

Sent from the fingers of a madman

ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    It is quite easy to tell...

Sent from the fingers of a madman
    Yeah it's just started saying it was a security threat, because it was running in advanced mode...its never said that before lol

ROM
    Arctic HD

Blah security threat lmao

bradenfontaine likes this.