Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Razr maxx wont power on

so against my better judgement I tried to install the ICS 215 leak. I used that 1.81 utility, made sure the phone was in fastboot mode and flashed using the utiliy. Screen we black and it wont come back on. i tried various button pushes and nothing. cant even get the phone back into fast recovery. this sucks. I'm no newb either. ive done this a hundred times on my fascinate. should have left it alone.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Default Re: Razr maxx wont power on

At what point did the screen go black?
    Blackberry 8330 / HTC Hero / Motorola Milestone / Motorola Milestone X / Motorola Photon / Apple iPhone 4 / Motorola Droid Bionic / Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX / Verizon Galaxy Nexus / iPhone 5 / Samsung Galaxy S4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

when i ran the utility while the phone was in fastboot mode, like the 1.81 util told me to do, it started and then there was a FAILED message on screen, followed by "do not press enter until the phone reboots" and the phone stayed off after that.

Dude y would you want a leak ics when you got official ics though with some bug

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I know. it's silly. I went to the store and i'm gettting a new one tomorrow. done. Just not worth the hassle of an imagined or small improvement.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Its really not that hard. You must have not followed directions. Why didn't you just fastboot back to stock using the utility. That's what I had to do and I didn't lose any data.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

cant. the utility doesnt see the phone because it wont power on. would do this but cant even get into fastboot mode. the phone is dead.

ROM
    Arctic HD

That's weird. Mine did this once, but I held down power and volume down for like 30 seconds and it eventually restarted. It wouldn't boot up, but at least I could fix it from there

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

new Razr....I wont touch it again!

Quote Originally Posted by dreadfulwater View Post
    new Razr....I wont touch it again!
    If its with GB i suggest you to stick with it cuz aftrr ics update the baterry will drain so quickly that you may have to charge it frequntly

Anyway congrtz on your new razr maxx

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

No it has ICS, however this device seem a lot snappier overall. but the old one may have been the same way, with the performance degrading aver a weeks time. Not sure yet.