Rooting the Droid RAZR.

TheAlpha1550

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody. I was thinking of rooting my Motorola Droid RAZR. Yes, I know rooting my Android would void it's warranty (I've had it since December 2011). But my two questions are this: is it REALLY worth rooting my Android? And, I have insurance for my Android, so if it becomes bricked as it is rooted, will insurance cover it? Thanks everybody in advance. :)

EDIT: I have jailbroken two of my itouch's. The first was the... 2G I believe? And the other is my 4G itouch with the camera running 5.1. Therefore, I am used to hacking devices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what you are ant to do with it. You can always un root and Verizon will never rooted. I have sent many phones back for replacement and all I did was un root first and they had no clue

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Reactions: TheAlpha1550

TheAlpha1550

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what you are ant to do with it. You can always un root and Verizon will never rooted. I have sent many phones back for replacement and all I did was un root first and they had no clue

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think I'd read my insurance plan to be sure... personally, I think most insurance is just a scam for people to buy into and most don't use it, and even if they use it they probably have paid more into it then what they get back in the long term.

TheAlpha1550

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I think I'd read my insurance plan to be sure... personally, I think most insurance is just a scam for people to buy into and most don't use it, and even if they use it they probably have paid more into it then what they get back in the long term.

No, it's a back up, and it's worth it.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
No, it's a back up, and it's worth it.

This. It may suck to pay what you do,but consider this. What are your options if you dropped your RAZR in the pooper tomorrow, you can buy one off Craigslist for around $250 or deal with water damage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Like all insurance, it sucks when you're paying premiums, but great when they pay if you need it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TheAlpha1550

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
My point is is this: if my Android becomes bricked while it is rooted, would it be covered by my insurance where all I have to do is pay the deductible?

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Why aren't I gonna brick? And how do I recover?

As long as you're not mentally ed then you should have no issue rooting your phone. Just find a noob instruction guide on xda and follow it. I was just like you with my phone I was worried I would end up bricking it and believe me rooting is definitely the easy part. Try to get a root package with clockwork mod recovery. But who am I kidding rooting won't even wipe your phone so you don't even need to do a backup. Once you root it then automatically get Rom Manager from the play store. From there you can install custom roms such as cyanogen mod and MiUI. Don't be worried as long as you follow the steps carefully then there should be no issue with you rooting!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

bryann22

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
People like you who don't know what there doing are the reason they want to void our warranty for rooting.

Mine bricked when i ics update aent halfway. Ive rooted and flashed with ease. I used my warranty because the ota killed my phone.
Dont you people me i know what I'm doing .:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae