Keep Root with JB update.
Here is a quick rundown on how to keep root and update to JB.
Download zip from XDA
Move zip to sd card.
Update Superuser binary to 3.1.1
Use VooDoo root keeper and back up root.
If using Safestrap, open safestrap and Uninstall Recovery.
Power off device.
Power on in Android Recovery
Volume down to Recovery volume up to select.
When you see Android "!" Press volume up and down at the same time.
Now volume down to clear cache, power to select.
Volume down to install update from sd card power to select.
Volume down to zip file, power to select
Let it do its thing. (8 min)
Then select reboot.
After reboot go back into VooDoo and reinstall root.
You should now have rooted JB.
Last edited by BigCrisco39; 12-27-2012 at 10:13 PM.
- 12-30-2012, 12:16 PM #2
Re: Keep Root with JB update.
Make sure you have unfroze any apps and re installed any bloat you removed.
Make sure binary for Superuser is 3.1.1
When in the install process does it crap out and give an error message?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
- 01-02-2013, 08:05 AM #4
- 01-02-2013, 08:07 AM #5
- By FNETHAN in forum Bionic Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 06-26-2012, 02:14 PM
- By ariellemerperle in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 11-10-2011, 11:26 PM
- By stockandroidguy in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 07-31-2011, 02:07 PM
- By smartphonedude in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2011, 01:17 PM
- By in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM