Help with Rooting my Droid Razr 4.1.2

Rocka210

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I received the Jelly Bean update on my Razr before it disappeared off of Verizon's site. Some features are bugging me and I would like to root this phone and get a ROM of ICS back. I have found that rooting it will be a little bit more difficult because of the Jelly Bean Update on the phone. Can I root it the same way you root a Nexus or do I just have to wait?
Thanks everyone,
R

BigDaddyHicks

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I received the Jelly Bean update on my Razr before it disappeared off of Verizon's site. Some features are bugging me and I would like to root this phone and get a ROM of ICS back. I have found that rooting it will be a little bit more difficult because of the Jelly Bean Update on the phone. Can I root it the same way you root a Nexus or do I just have to wait?
Thanks everyone,
R

You'll have to wait. The only way to root JB on the RAZR right now is if you were previously rooted on ICS 211 and used OTA Rootkeeper to backup your root. I'm sure you won't have to wait long though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rocka210

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've decided to not root it yet but I have a new and much smaller question.

Whenever I reboot the phone or turn it on, it automatically loads fastboot. How do I change it so it does a normal boot instead defaultly?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Can't root, and can't go back. You're stuck on jellybean for the time being until it's fastboot able back to ics, if it ever is.

And rooting will likely be different than any nexus phone or the s2.

Not sure why it boots into fastboot.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

lmmohr

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't understand.

Tried to root my Razr with JB and it failed. What did Verizon/Motorola do? How long are we going to have to wait, and for what?

Thanks,

Larry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2