Wife's RAZR- should I root?

jbomb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife is jealous of my note 2 which I love... But she wouldn't utilize this phone and her RAZR suits her perfectly for now. Accept its starting to run slow and give her some issues.

I have thrown around the idea in my head of rooting it for her.... I used one touch on my note but reverted back and am un rooted now because there is no need for me to root.

Since I don't follow these forums often I am going to need some help. She wants performance but better battery life.... Since those usually go in the opposite direction from one another I guess performance is 40% battery 60% on an importance scale.

Any recommendations for root method and rom choice? I just saw jellybean is coming out.... Guess I'll have to wait for a developer to get a hold of a new root method?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
If she wants it to be snappier. Updating to JB would be the best and simplest way. No root needed. You can install through stock Android Recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jbomb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
When you say stock Android recovery that means downloading it and essentially flashing it myself?

If I do want to root and stay stock maybe undrclock and freeze some stock apps what would you recommend?

Sent from my Note Dos.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Download the file and move it to your SDcard and update the phone manually.

If you want to root you need to root before you update to JB. As of right now there is no way to root JB.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Be careful freezing apps. If you freeze one you may run into problems later in using other apps that may need the one that's frozen to work. Also it will prevent you from taking any ota so you would have to unfreeze.

Honestly, I would root. And THEN follow the directions to manually update to JB all while keeping root(pay attention, there are a few steps you have to take to insure you will be able to recover root once you flash jb.)

Also, if you do flash jellybean, I would recommend you start on fresh ics .211 using matts utility to go back to that, root, backup root, then flash jb. The reason you want to start fresh is so you don't have any old files from ics that will cause things to get wonky after the update. That is what I did and I have not had ANY of the issues that anyone else has reported.

I can get the link for you that step by step directions if you would like.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante