Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Fully Unroot RAZR

I rooted my phone a while ago with no issues. Recently, I downloaded an animation called Rubik.zip and Twisted Rubik.zip. As first, it was cool. After a while, it became annoying so I wanted to delete it but could not. To make a long story short, I factory reset my phone but it is still there along with the start up animation (which I do not want either). Simply, I want to get the phone back to factory WITHOUT these annoyances. It is possible??
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Re: Fully Unroot RAZR

Any moderator?? Anyone??

ROM
    Arctic HD

So do you want to unroot or just remove those?

Also it would be helpful to know what version of android you are running.

Also what system version.

It's impossible to help with out knowing these, as different versions you will have to use different things.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

I too am at a loss of how to unroot my phone. I'm way in over my head. Cannot figure out how to "flash" anything. Rooting was much easier, but I think I would just rather be back to stock. After a year of hesitation, I did it and now I'm stuck with a phone with way more function than I can work with.
    I am on a Razr Maxx running ICS.

Thanks for any of your help.
    smbk25

A video to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by Shay Einhaus View Post
    I too am at a loss of how to unroot my phone. I'm way in over my head. Cannot figure out how to "flash" anything. Rooting was much easier, but I think I would just rather be back to stock. After a year of hesitation, I did it and now I'm stuck with a phone with way more function than I can work with.
    I am on a Razr Maxx running ICS.

Thanks for any of your help.
    smbk25
    Unrooting is just as easy as rooting.... I suggest you go back to stock before you screw something up.

Use matts utility 1.82. Use the option to unroot. Done.

I want to unroot my Razr Maxx. I purchased it rooted and I am so lost. To be honest, I didn't even realize I was purchasing a rooted phone. I have watched the video below. I need to know if it will work for my phone. It is running Android version 4.0.4 System version 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US. I am also wondering where I need to go to download the adb file mentioned in the video. Help please.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by Suz3 View Post
    I want to unroot my Razr Maxx. I purchased it rooted and I am so lost. To be honest, I didn't even realize I was purchasing a rooted phone. I have watched the video below. I need to know if it will work for my phone. It is running Android version 4.0.4 System version 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US. I am also wondering where I need to go to download the adb file mentioned in the video. Help please.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by Suz3 View Post
    Read above post.

I tried what that guy did on droid razr root but i didnt work on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jpal723 View Post
    I rooted my phone a while ago with no issues. Recently, I downloaded an animation called Rubik.zip and Twisted Rubik.zip. As first, it was cool. After a while, it became annoying so I wanted to delete it but could not. To make a long story short, I factory reset my phone but it is still there along with the start up animation (which I do not want either). Simply, I want to get the phone back to factory WITHOUT these annoyances. It is possible??

I am running version 4.1.2 on my droid razr maxx. do i use the same utility? or a different one?