Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Please help Droid Razr Bootlooped

So I rooted my phone today. Everything went smoothly. I then downloaded an app called Custom Android Font Switcher. I applied a font and it rebooted my phone on it's on. Problem now is it won't pass the Droid eye screen. It moves and everything but it won't pass it. I have down the Volume keys and power button. I hit recovery and did the Wipe Data and Factory Reset. Then clicked reboot system now. But it didn't do anything. Please please help me. It's been doing this since 4 PM it is not 11:35 PM If you know anything that might help I would really appreciate it =)

Default Re: Please help Droid Razr Bootlooped

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethD89 View Post
    So I rooted my phone today. Everything went smoothly. I then downloaded an app called Custom Android Font Switcher. I applied a font and it rebooted my phone on it's on. Problem now is it won't pass the Droid eye screen. It moves and everything but it won't pass it. I have down the Volume keys and power button. I hit recovery and did the Wipe Data and Factory Reset. Then clicked reboot system now. But it didn't do anything. Please please help me. It's been doing this since 4 PM it is not 11:35 PM If you know anything that might help I would really appreciate it =)
    Do you have a rom you can try to put on through recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethD89 View Post
    OK you rooted phone, Did you install a custom recovery like safestrap 3.11 & made a backup (nandroid) before you tried changing/ installing any apps that would change you're system folder (like font switcher)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!

ROM
    Arctic HD

You're going to have to use matts utility to take your phone back to stock. You cant use apps like that unless you are on a deodexed rom or you will have problems.

Next time, make a backup with safestrap before you attempt to change anything.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

I just had the same problem and I used the Motorola RSD 6.14 and googled Droid Razr Stock Rom and downloaded it. I then booted my phone into the recovery and held the down colume and then the up volume to get to the menu where I choose faastboot option and connected phone to computer and let it download the appropriate driver. I then opened up RSD and pointed it to the Rom and flashed it. I then booted the pgone and it was just like when i first purchased mt Droid Razr from Verizon. I even sent the phone back to them and they failed to notice that I had had it rooted and one time.