Readers choice awards: Sprint's best Android phone

What is the best Android phone on Sprint?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drjerry#AC

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
And some of you HTC users don't think anyone has a clue of what we think a good phone is. HTC Mogul (Junk), HTC Touch (Junk), HTC Hero (Good), HTC EVO 4G (Great), HTC EVO 3D (Junk).

You say HTC just attracts more people.....most of us actually stay with our carrier for service/price. I'm not going to jump ship b/c my carrier mainly has HTC phone but best believe, when something better came along, I had NO problem switching from HTC to Moto.

Lets face it...some of you are just so stuck on brand loyalty that you're too afraid to take a chance on something else. Too afraid your beloved Evo 3D's really aren't as great as you make it out to be.

Oh wait...must be a Photon user. Hello...can ya hear me?? Wait...I have to reboot the phone to hear you or make a call. Hahaha

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had my EVO 3D since 6/23 and have been extremely satisfied. No reception, call quality, camera, or speed issues whatsoever. I also enjoy the full mirroring to tv using MHL.

May 30, 2010
Visit site
In my book there no question which EVO is best on sprint. I will always RESPECT my former EVO 4G the grandaddy of all 4g android devices but the tourch has been passed to the new leader of the family and the new leader is packing MAJOR INDUSTRY LEADING SPECS. Htc/Sprint has done a great job with the evo 3d and I am a proud owner of this device since day one June 24th 2011 just like I was with the EVO 3G on day one last June 4th 2010. It will forever be the EVO FAMILY BRAND for me.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i like the display size of the EVO 4G better than the EVO 3D. i like the extra width of the original and it is very noticeable to me. it makes the EVO 3D look like the little brother.

hopefully we will see an EVO HD soon with a 4.5-5" display. the true successor.

andoman

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh wait...must be a Photon user. Hello...can ya hear me?? Wait...I have to reboot the phone to hear you or make a call. Hahaha

I've had my photon for a bit now and i've not had any problems whatsoever. I would have bought a evo 2 but not the 3vo. 3d gives me headaches and was the single reason i held out for the photon. I like the specs for the gsII but after the problems i had with my epic and nexus that train has left the station for good, i won't even buy a sammy tv after that crap.

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had my EVO 3D scince release and the only real issue i have is my reception in most areas is ok but still a tad slow. Other than that everything else rocks! Glad i bought it.

Jimmy Chitwood

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I picked the NS4G. I had the Evo 3D first (came from iPhone which I liked but it was time to try something different). I didn't like Sense and the battery life was HORRIBLE. It was also a little bit too big for my taste, not necessarly the size of the screen but the bulk in general. Another issue was the font was so tiny I always had to adjust the screen to be able to read anything. Even with the lower resolution, the NS4G screen is so much better than the Evo its a joke. And lastly, the single core NS4G is quite a bit faster in my experience than the Evo. So for me, NS4G FTW.

That said, I'm sure some custom ROMs could do wonders for the Evo in regards to battery life and that god awful Sense skin. Anyone here comment on that?

BryanS

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I own an Evo 4G and a Nexus S 4G. I voted for the Nexus S. I looked really hard at the 3D when I got it but the Samsung screen is just too beautiful to even look at anything else after seeing it. I also prefer the size of a 4" screen as I have small hands and the 4.3+" devices that seem so popular just seem a bit bigger than ideal to me. I was concerned about the lack of dual core processor in the Nexus but have found that this phone is plenty fast. It keeps up against the Atrix I have just fine and I can easily overclock my Nexus to 1.3ghz if/when I want to but it doesn't need it... it's plenty quick at the stock clock speed.

My single gripe is that I don't get great Sprint coverage and I wish I could find devices as nice as the Sprint offerings on Verizon but I'm just not happy with Verizon's current line up. It does seem that my Nexus gets a bit less signal than my Evo and I'd hoped that the recent update to 2.3.5 would help but it doesn't seem to have made any tangible difference for me. My perfect phone right now would be this Nexus S (throw an omap processor in it just for fun) on Verizon. Oh, and I think I'd prefer a microSD card slot to the NFC components that it got instead.... haven't found a use for them yet and while there is plenty of storage on the Nexus S and I can sync data off of it to a computer or the cloud, having the ability to have removable storage is never a bad thing.

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So I'm new to android after coming from a palm pre. My wife's pre died and needed a replacement asap (this was a week before the release of the photon) so we went with the nexus s 4g. My upgrade was due a week later and I was planning on getting a photon. Well after a week with the ns4g I wanted one myself. So yes I walked in to a Sprint store with both the E3D and Photon for sale and walked out with a ns4g. Couldn't be happier with it either :)

Yoshiaka13

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Ya I agree. But people get horny over specs. A dual core 1GHz performs at 1GHz. So a phone with a single core 1GHz will perform at the same speed. Now if one chip is dedicated to graphics and the other is dedicated to processing then there will be a difference in games and heavy web browsing. Other then that I ran the Nexus S against the evo 3d and the evo was a blink of an eye faster.. That's it. nothing really to get all wow over. Plus the nexus performed smoother and had a better quality camera. And personally I think the form factor feels better in the hand then the htc square.

The other issue people had is no sd card.. Let's see the world is going to the cloud so does it really matter? if I want a large music library to listen to I'll stream or just get an iPod that way I don't run my phone battery down... I can go on but I researched before I jumped from webos to Android and this phone just seemed the better fit for me. And because of it being pure Android I haven't had the urge to root out yet cause let's face it 90% of why people root is to get rid of the manufacturer skin (don't have one), get rid of bloat ware (this phone naturally doesn't have that either), or get the latest version of Android (which this phone will get first, hence the leaked shots of ice cream sandwich was on a nexus) just saying.

ssinaz

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Rocking the EVO 3D, upgraded from the 4G, both are awesome phones, but have to go with my current flame the 3D. Same here in Phoenix with the data signals. I was told our monsoons here have affected the data signals, it seems to have gotten better in the last couple days, so I am going to wait it out and see.

Jimmy Chitwood

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
evo 3d is a shame to the name. evo 4g is the greatest phone ever made.

It is? Cool. $10 your rocking the Evo 4G and you don't see a need to upgrade because there really isn't that much of a difference in speed. Also, you have no need for 3D and it gives you a headache when you watch it. Coincidentally, your contract isn't up for another 6 months. Did I win?

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
It is? Cool. $10 your rocking the Evo 4G and you don't see a need to upgrade because there really isn't that much of a difference in speed. Also, you have no need for 3D and it gives you a headache when you watch it. Coincidentally, your contract isn't up for another 6 months. Did I win?

Or he really doesn't see the need. You probably think your post is smart and witty but you really just sound like an *******. Did I win?

Sent from my Drew Stable CM7/ XioniaRedux lg-ls670 using Tapatalk.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Or he really doesn't see the need. You probably think your post is smart and witty but you really just sound like an *******. Did I win?

I actually did think his post was smart and witty. Evo 3D haters all march to the same beat. Its always "Ohhh, the 3D gives me a headache" when its just an added feature. Its like saying bluetooth headsets make you uncomfortable, therefore you will not buy a phone with bluetooth connectivity. YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT. ITS AN OPTIONAL FEATURE! Others say its a nice phone but not worth the upgrade. What? qHD screen and faster graphics alone is enough. Never mind the dual core, extra ram, extra memory and Sense 3.0 features. Granted, some people have legitimate concerns with the phone, but EVERY PHONE HAS PROBLEMS UPON RELEASE. This includes anything from design flaws to software bugs. The truth is that the majority of people are happy and content with their purchase.

Jimmy Chitwood

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

You win the biggest tightass award, snarf.

No doubt the Evo 4G is a nice device especially if you got it a year ago. But as the previous poster pointed out so eloquently, the spec bump in the Evo 3D ridiculous. And if that doesn't get you excited to upgrade, especially if you are a fan of the Evo series, I have to wonder what you are doing on an Android enthusiast website. Also, if it's the bugs that bother him, having owned the Evo 4G he surely must know how well HTC supports their products. That phone had the same types of issues when it came out and he is obviously pleased with how it turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol