Readers choice awards: Sprint's best Android phone

What is the best Android phone on Sprint?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

meggerz

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Indeed poor Echo :( I personally love mine. Sure its not always the best because its the first of its kind but it is really good. Its fits into what I need perfectly.

truk999

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Why doesn't Tapatalk let you vote in polls? :( lol

Anyway, I use Sprint and I love my Optimus S. That being said, I hate Sprint's service and will be dropping them as soon as possible. Their service has gone downhill in the past months, and they deny that there is a problem although very many are having the issues (no signal where the signal used to be strong, constant roaming, no data connections, etc.) I have a pending complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The service I signed up for and had is definitely not on par with what the service has turned into.

Sent from my Drew Stable CM7/ XioniaRedux lg-ls670 using Tapatalk.

When did you start seeing these service problems? I ended up dropping my Optimus S for an Evo3D off-contract just to get a usable smartphone.

Stock, I had no service problems, but the phone was laggy, severely short on storage, and crippled by SprintID. Then I rooted it and tried out CM7 (ScottPilgrimsAwesomeness) and it turned into a completely different phone. Blazing fast, working Apps-to-SD meant plenty of storage, and of course, completely free of bloat! Only trouble was it became useless as a reliable phone - dropped calls, missed calls, couldn't get voicemail, 3G kept flaking out. Reluctant to wipe and try anything else, I gave up and flashed back to stock and started saving up for an upgrade.

michaelpaul61

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I think the nexus s is the best phone on Sprint right now because of its software, but the 3Dvo and photon would be better if they had aosp.

P.S. I own a 3Dvo because my nexus s was having trouble with WiFi and 4g, and they are both great phones that I would recommend to anyone.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 3D ... my first Android. Did lots of research and considered waiting for the Photon or the Galaxy S II, but I'm glad I didn't. I've very happy with my Evo!

You know, I actually like the idea of having dual screens, but such specific hardware screams of poor support.

raydar670

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have to say the EVO 4G again. The dev community and specs make the phone. The EVO 3D didn't live up to the hype, while a year later the EVO 4G is still kickin'.

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I would have said my trusty EVO 4G, but since the GB update and several replacement phones, I am leaning towards the Photon. I don't know what my next phone will be, but probable not an HTC. To many busted USB ports in the last 4 months.

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have to say the EVO 4G again. The dev community and specs make the phone. The EVO 3D didn't live up to the hype, while a year later the EVO 4G is still kickin'.

As much as I love the EVO 4G, the 3D is definitely a better device. Better performance and specs. Dev community will have a ball with this, especially as the EVO 4G nears the end of its life cycle.

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see my two phones at the top of this list. Still love the EVO 4G but being that I can only vote once, I must go with the EVO 3D. Its fast, smooth, responsive and has handled everything I've thrown at it without any issues or glitches.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have used most of these phones, so I'm going off my preferences. Currently the best phone on Sprint is the EVO 3D. I like the Photon too, but only being able to pick one, I got to go with the EVO 3D. My main reasons are the display and Sense 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.