View Poll Results: What is the best Android phone on Verizon?

Voters
1583. You may not vote on this poll
  • LG Revolution

15 0.95%
  • HTC Droid Incredible

204 12.89%
  • HTC Droid Incredible 2

132 8.34%
  • HTC Thunderbolt

444 28.05%
  • Samsung Droid Charge

219 13.83%
  • Samsung Fascinate

53 3.35%
  • Motorola Droid X

161 10.17%
  • Motorola Droid X2

64 4.04%
  • Motorola Droid 3

90 5.69%
  • Motorola Droid Bionic

201 12.70%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree25Likes

ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

Default Re: Readers choice awards: Verizon's best Android phone

Droid Charge is the best phone that has been released..

Incredible 1. I have a Tbolt but the 1st Dinc was superb. No trouble at all unlike my tbolt. Mix the Dinc 1 with an extended battery and went almost 2 days without charging. its a damn shame its not getting gingerbread.
    Last edited by droid83; 08-11-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleSwine View Post
    HTC Thunderbolt is the only phone on VZW that can do simultaneous 3G data and voice. LTE is great when you can get it.
    HTC Droid Incredible 2 on Verizon's network gets my vote. I whip the Iphone4 and Iphone3 with little comparisons daily. It's the right blend of what you need, not what you'll need a year from now, cause you know in a year your going to upgrade anyway!
    dyastrab likes this.

Absolutely adore my Tbolt. Great device - no issues yet.
    Phone - Storm 1 to Droid X to Thunderbolt and REALLY lovin'it
    Tab - Returned the Xoom, now LOVING my Sammy 10.1

Verizon is Number 1 in the Top 10 Overall. See the graph:
    Verizon and Sprint Lead in the 2011 Reader's Choice Awards

Here are the Top 15 rankings so far. Verizon phones are in Big Red.

1. Sprint HTC EVO 3D 4.3"
    2. Verizon HTC Thunderbolt 4.3"
    3. Sprint HTC EVO 4G 4.3"
    4. T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4.3"
    5. AT&T Motorola Atrix 4"
    6. AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G 4.5"
    7. Sprint Motorola Photon 4.3"
    8. Verizon Samsung Droid Charge 4.3"
    9. Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 3.7"
    10. Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic 4.3"
    11. Sprint Samsung Nexus S 4G 4"
    12. AT&T HTC Inspire 4G 4.3"
    13. Verizon Motorola Droid X 4.3"
    14. Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 4"
    15. Sprint Samsung Epic 4G 4"

Big Red has 4 of the Top 10 and 6 of the top 15 overall.

Part of Verizon's success is just sheer network size but also their commitment to the phones readers want. 11 of the Top 15 are newer, 4.3"+ phones.

T-Mobile only allows their customers one 4.3" option, their only phone in the top 15.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Quote Originally Posted by anabelageorge View Post
    Hey! Where's the Droid Pro!?! It has my vote (which the device is placing right now, but I don't see any true conflict of interest here). Eventually I'll want a replacement, and I definitely do not want a slideout keyboard, or worse yet no physical keyboard. Please don't send me back to BlackBerry! I'm still recovering from that experience.
    Amen on the Droid Pro. The Pro is the little Android phone that seems to get overlooked by this community. Yes, it got off to a rocky start but that was the fault of the "rocket scientist" that didn't have enough foresight to realize that if you advertise it as a business phone (ie blackberry killer) then it better do exchange email sync just as well as a blackberry. Well it didn't, but that has been finally fixed...at the expense of the phone's reputation in the business community.

The Pro is great...fast, global, GB now and is as reliable a phone as any other Droid. I love it and hope Moto comes out with a Pro 2...little bigger screen and keyboard, dual processor, 4g, and better screen resolution...then it would be blackberry killer.

Why no Casio Commando on the list?

ROM
    Tazz/ICS

Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Incredible2 gets my vote. Mainly because it went swimming and still works perfectly. The phone feels really solid and is pretty fast across all functions. Did I mention it can swim? It may not be dual core or have the best specs, but its one hell of a phone.
    Good to know... I hope I never drop it in the toilet like my OD, but if I do, hopefully it will work still..

ROM
    CM7Droid1,rooted stock TB

Quote Originally Posted by BattleSwine View Post
    HTC Thunderbolt is the only phone on VZW that can do simultaneous 3G data and voice. LTE is great when you can get it.
    I also choose the thunderbolt because of that and because the can be rooted easily, its fast, its sexy and the dev support behind it.. I know it has a small battery and there are problems with it but my thunderbolt can take everything I throw at it

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Original Droid!!!

ROM
    Stock

I was actually looking at this pole to figure out which device I might want on vzw. I've been an Android user on AT&T (Atrix and N1) and on Sprint (Evo and NS4G) but vzw has the best coverage in my area.

I've liked my Evo so the Thunderbolt was tempting but I'm concerned about battery life. I LOVE the screen on the NS4G so the Charge was appealing as well but I really prefer the size of the NS4G and Atrix so something that size would be my ideal phone - the Charge and Thunderbolt are big.

I hate motoblur but thought the Atrix build quality was great. I don't want a physical keyboard. This made me wonder about the Bionice but I'm still plagued with that oversized device concern.

I wish vzw would make the ideal handset for me..... dual core cpu, LTE, lots of ram, super amoled screen @ 4", good build quality, and with a UI that I like (sense or vanilla), or at least an unlocked boot loader so I could load what I want. Oh, and good call quality is a plus I suppose

Anyway, I don't know that I find this poll much use when I see things like the dinc leading vs the dinc2 and the droid x ahead of the x2. I don't get how these would truly be "verizon's best android phone" when the new versions have improved on the original, at least to my knowledge..... it looks more like people just vote for what they use instead of what is really the best.

I'm not muddying the waters and haven't actually used any of these but my ininformed vote would go to the Charge.... love those samsung displays

Quote Originally Posted by BryanS View Post
    I wish vzw would make the ideal handset for me..... dual core cpu, LTE, lots of ram, super amoled screen @ 4", good build quality, and with a UI that I like (sense or vanilla), or at least an unlocked boot loader so I could load what I want. Oh, and good call quality is a plus I suppose
    Nexus Prime, Q4 '11

Bigger screen though.

Poll is bias cause you cant buy,try or play with the bionic to form a opinion. right now Tbolt cuz 4g and speed,next the baby Tbolt, the Incred 2 same phone just smaller and no 4g. I have both. just my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by 1gridlok2 View Post
    Poll is bias cause you cant buy,try or play with the bionic to form a opinion.
    I was just going to post this. 191 people think the Bionic is the best phone when they've never used it.

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by valorian View Post
    I was just going to post this. 191 people think the Bionic is the best phone when they've never used it.
    Optimism? See, if the GS2 was up there people could vote on it while actually having real GS2's on the market in Europe and Canada... the Bionic exists no where as of yet.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrymeLord View Post
    I think most of us are not qualified to judge. How many of us have used all these devices enough to form an intelligent opinion? I love my Dinc2. It's the phone I picked after a lot of research, but I have no way knowing what using other devices for an extended period of time is like. And playing with a bunch of phones in the store doesn't count imo.
    Very Well Said...I'm a Converteted BB User, Still Waiting For My X2 To Arrive.
    SHER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234